Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2011, 12:29 PM   #1
Legend of Josh
Banned
 
Legend of Josh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alch|e|mist
Posts: 10,231
Default Sade Appreciation Thread...

Nothing else compares. Divine tunes. So uplifting and tingling. Her/Their music is timeless. If you can't feel it, you baby doo... you know the rest.

Nothing can stop the Sade bumrush of greatness. By far one of my most cherished artists out there.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:33 PM   #2
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness
 
Jailblazers7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 23,181
Default Re: Sade Appreciation Thread...

Agreed, Sade is awesome.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:35 PM   #3
Legend of Josh
Banned
 
Legend of Josh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alch|e|mist
Posts: 10,231
Default Re: Sade Appreciation Thread...

King of Sorrow
By Your Side
The Sweetest Taboo
Somebody Already Broke My Heart
No Ordinary Love
Is It A Crime
Soldier of Love
Cherish the Day
Kiss of Life
Smooth Operator!
Feel No Pain

... etc

Heavenly music.... the type of sound God Himself could nod his head to.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:51 PM   #4
DeronMillsap
Banned
 
DeronMillsap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Racist tranny lover
Posts: 5,359
Default Re: Sade Appreciation Thread...

My favorite song from her.
Kiss of Life http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUZYf4aNDgM
DeronMillsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:02 PM   #5
simcjt
The bodyguard
 
simcjt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,515
Default Re: Sade Appreciation Thread...

Always enjoyed "Is it a Crime".
simcjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:04 PM   #6
Legend of Josh
Banned
 
Legend of Josh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alch|e|mist
Posts: 10,231
Default Re: Sade Appreciation Thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeronMillsap
My favorite song from her.
Kiss of Life http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUZYf4aNDgM

It's a beautiful song...

What's bewildering to me is that Sade is uber famous in Europe and Asia but not in the states.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:07 PM   #7
simcjt
The bodyguard
 
simcjt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,515
Default Re: Sade Appreciation Thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
It's a beautiful song...

What's bewildering to me is that Sade is uber famous in Europe and Asia but not in the states.
MF Doom sampled a lot of her shit so a lot of dudes have heard her but don't know her.

They originated in England so she did get love but it was never a hometown kind of thing.
simcjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:10 PM   #8
Legend of Josh
Banned
 
Legend of Josh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alch|e|mist
Posts: 10,231
Default Re: Sade Appreciation Thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by simcjt
MF Doom sampled a lot of her shit so a lot of dudes have heard her but don't know her.

They originated in England so she did get love but it was never a hometown kind of thing.

Ironically enough... I first heard Sade on a MF Doom sample track...
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:22 PM   #9
simcjt
The bodyguard
 
simcjt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,515
Default Re: Sade Appreciation Thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
Ironically enough... I first heard Sade on a MF Doom sample track...
Bonus points

MF Doom - Kon Karne

Is that the song?


Edit: It was probably doomsday now that I think about it. Just cause she has vocals on it.

Last edited by simcjt : 01-12-2011 at 01:25 PM.
simcjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:25 PM   #10
Legend of Josh
Banned
 
Legend of Josh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alch|e|mist
Posts: 10,231
Default Re: Sade Appreciation Thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by simcjt
Bonus points

MF Doom - Kon Karne

Is that the song?

No... it was something off his Operation Doomsday album.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:25 PM   #11
simcjt
The bodyguard
 
simcjt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,515
Default Re: Sade Appreciation Thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
No... it was something off his Operation Doomsday album.
Check my edit.
simcjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:31 PM   #12
bluechox2
#knickstape
 
bluechox2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 10,005
Default Re: Sade Appreciation Thread...

smooth operator

one of my favorites.
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:15 PM   #13
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 28,026
Default Re: Sade Appreciation Thread...

She has some killer pipes, to be sure. No Ordinary Love is probably my favorite track, but she has a nice overall catalog.

Sidenote: One community that Sade is very popular with is the opiate/heroin user sect. Supposedly, there is something about the tone of her breathy voice in concert with the warm, soothing feeling that you get under the influence of opiates.

It is also rumored that Sade is a long-time heroin addict and maybe it isn't simply a coincidence that her music has such appeal to this group.

Anyone that has ever done a strong opiate would certainly be able to see how Sade and the drug are a good match.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:36 PM   #14
Legend of Josh
Banned
 
Legend of Josh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alch|e|mist
Posts: 10,231
Default Re: Sade Appreciation Thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
She has some killer pipes, to be sure. No Ordinary Love is probably my favorite track, but she has a nice overall catalog.

Sidenote: One community that Sade is very popular with is the opiate/heroin user sect. Supposedly, there is something about the tone of her breathy voice in concert with the warm, soothing feeling that you get under the influence of opiates.

It is also rumored that Sade is a long-time heroin addict and maybe it isn't simply a coincidence that her music has such appeal to this group.

Anyone that has ever done a strong opiate would certainly be able to see how Sade and the drug are a good match.

You always drop profound knowledge... ^5
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:46 PM   #15
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian
 
L.Kizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Houston, TX -
Posts: 36,543
Default Re: Sade Appreciation Thread...

A lot of folks think Sade is the lady, that is the name of the band.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:34 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy