Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-12-2011, 07:56 PM   #16
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Sade Appreciation Thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
A lot of folks think Sade is the lady, that is the name of the band.
Erm... Isn't her name Sade Adu?
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:58 PM   #17
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Erm... Isn't her name Sade Adu?
Yeah, but Sade is the band name, she's not a solo artist.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:07 PM   #18
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Yeah, but Sade is the band name, she's not a solo artist.
Oh, ok... Got ya. I was aware that they have featured the same group of musicians in the band throughout their entire catalog. You can hear it in the music, too.

Still... When I think of Sade, I can't help but to imagine the person, not the band. She is (or was) a fine specimen, too. I remember her video for Cherish the Day... Beautiful, but understated.

EDIT: Here it is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKhfoKOTwZY&ob=av2el
Old 01-12-2011, 08:09 PM   #19
VishaltotheG
College star

VishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

And I miss you, like the deserts miss the rain
VishaltotheG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:52 PM   #20
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

leopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this board

i do have to say. when you're with your lady, just put on sade. experts say 8 out of 10 times you're going to get laid.
leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:53 PM   #21
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

leopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by VishaltotheG

mislabel.

that's everything but the girl. great 2 man band too. (dude and chic)
leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:22 PM   #22
Done_And_Done
D & D

Done_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Such a trip out...
I was actually bumping to her latest album this morning which in turn sparked a convo with a fellow co-worker, discussing their/her epicness. I must say, her music has aided me during some low points in life so I appreciate their/her material to an uncomprehendable level. Sade's voice is the closest thing to a verbal orgasm that you'll ever hear.
Done_And_Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:33 PM   #23
Done_And_Done
D & D

Done_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
She has some killer pipes, to be sure. No Ordinary Love is probably my favorite track, but she has a nice overall catalog.

Sidenote: One community that Sade is very popular with is the opiate/heroin user sect. Supposedly, there is something about the tone of her breathy voice in concert with the warm, soothing feeling that you get under the influence of opiates.

It is also rumored that Sade is a long-time heroin addict and maybe it isn't simply a coincidence that her music has such appeal to this group.

Anyone that has ever done a strong opiate would certainly be able to see how Sade and the drug are a good match.

Sade... Heroin influence... The puppet master for the drug induced... Just crazy
This is total news to me. I would have never suspected that Sade has supposed ties with drugs of any kind. Everything about her just comes off as more pure then a freshly baptized infant. I would never doubt you RBG cause your word has always been majorly solid in my books but where the heck did you hear all this from lol
Done_And_Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:47 PM   #24
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin

Dolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
She has some killer pipes, to be sure. No Ordinary Love is probably my favorite track, but she has a nice overall catalog.

Sidenote: One community that Sade is very popular with is the opiate/heroin user sect. Supposedly, there is something about the tone of her breathy voice in concert with the warm, soothing feeling that you get under the influence of opiates.

It is also rumored that Sade is a long-time heroin addict and maybe it isn't simply a coincidence that her music has such appeal to this group.

Anyone that has ever done a strong opiate would certainly be able to see how Sade and the drug are a good match.

So you're saying someone who hypothetically likes to do coke and E wouldn't really be into her, eh?.....
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:39 AM   #25
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
Sade... Heroin influence... The puppet master for the drug induced... Just crazy
This is total news to me. I would have never suspected that Sade has supposed ties with drugs of any kind. Everything about her just comes off as more pure then a freshly baptized infant. I would never doubt you RBG cause your word has always been majorly solid in my books but where the heck did you hear all this from lol
I'm not sure where I originally heard it. I've done my share of 'partying' (for lack of a better word) over the course of my life and that has brought me in contact with a myriad of characters. I can unequivocally say that Sade is popular with the opiate crowd because, to be completely honest, I've witnessed it first-hand... And I was told that, the next time I got my hands on some of those particular substances (never did H, for the record) to throw on some Sade.

I never got around to actually trying it and this was some years ago when I was still heavily involved in the party scene. But, I like Sade anyway, so I'm sure it would be a good fit. Also, like I said, if you have ever fooled around with any semi-hard opiates, you can understand why there would be this connection. Her voice alone is like a warm blanket, which is what those family of drugs also induce.

You called it verbal orgasm. That is a good way to describe her... That is also a good way to describe the feeling that those kinds of drugs bring about. There is a reason they are so addictive.

As for Sade being involved with hardcore opiates herself... If true, she would join a list of some of the greatest artists (not just in music) that have ever lived falling into that world. Drugs are almost a rite of passage for brilliant artists. It certainly isn't hard to believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin
So you're saying someone who hypothetically likes to do coke and E wouldn't really be into her, eh?.....

Oh come on... You and I both know that ANY music sounds good when you are rolling. I could find depth and beauty in a Justin Bieber tune while under the influence of E.

As for yayo... You actually find time for listening to music in between the jabber jaw? In my experiences with that drug, people would much rather hear themselves speak than they would listen to a great band.

But, yeah... You probably really would dig Sade (with or without the substances). She has some good stuff and she has also been sampled countless times in nearly all forms of electronic music. That voice is damn near perfect and totally unique.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 01-13-2011 at 12:43 AM.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:01 AM   #26
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

My pops is the biggest Sade fan (or was) until he saw her in concert and said she was terrible live. Told me the best part of the performance was her outfit which was low cut in the back.

She has some epic hits but from what I've head she isn't the best LIVE performer.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:02 AM   #27
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin

Dolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
I'm not sure where I originally heard it. I've done my share of 'partying' (for lack of a better word) over the course of my life and that has brought me in contact with a myriad of characters. I can unequivocally say that Sade is popular with the opiate crowd because, to be completely honest, I've witnessed it first-hand... And I was told that, the next time I got my hands on some of those particular substances (never did H, for the record) to throw on some Sade.

I never got around to actually trying it and this was some years ago when I was still heavily involved in the party scene. But, I like Sade anyway, so I'm sure it would be a good fit. Also, like I said, if you have ever fooled around with any semi-hard opiates, you can understand why there would be this connection. Her voice alone is like a warm blanket, which is what those family of drugs also induce.

You called it verbal orgasm. That is a good way to describe her... That is also a good way to describe the feeling that those kinds of drugs bring about. There is a reason they are so addictive.

As for Sade being involved with hardcore opiates herself... If true, she would join a list of some of the greatest artists (not just in music) that have ever lived falling into that world. Drugs are almost a rite of passage for brilliant artists. It certainly isn't hard to believe.

Oh come on... You and I both know that ANY music sounds good when you are rolling. I could find depth and beauty in a Justin Bieber tune while under the influence of E.

As for yayo... You actually find time for listening to music in between the jabber jaw? In my experiences with that drug, people would much rather hear themselves speak than they would listen to a great band.

But, yeah... You probably really would dig Sade (with or without the substances). She has some good stuff and she has also been sampled countless times in nearly all forms of electronic music. That voice is damn near perfect and totally unique.

I actually don't do white at all anymore. Been a good boy for a while. But when we did it was more like talking a lot OVER the music. lol We'd get back and do more for about 3-4 hours and just sit their talking and listening to techno. lol

You're right about E. But I get really horny on E (I've never really asked if that's to be expected) and I don't know if I could get off to Bieber no matter how high. My brain has enough respect for itself to not kick and say "enough is enough mr. hippos, put some INCE INCE INCE on."

But I will try this girl Sade out perhaps. Is it dark? I like dark.
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:21 AM   #28
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
My pops is the biggest Sade fan (or was) until he saw her in concert and said she was terrible live. Told me the best part of the performance was her outfit which was low cut in the back.

She has some epic hits but from what I've head she isn't the best LIVE performer.
I've never seen them live, but look for yourself. It sounds pretty good to me... Band is getting it and she is bringing that sweet tone. In fairness, maybe she just did a little too much H the night your pops saw the band? ;-)

Quote:
I actually don't do white at all anymore. Been a good boy for a while. But when we did it was more like talking a lot OVER the music. lol We'd get back and do more for about 3-4 hours and just sit their talking and listening to techno. lol

You're right about E. But I get really horny on E (I've never really asked if that's to be expected) and I don't know if I could get off to Bieber no matter how high. My brain has enough respect for itself to not kick and say "enough is enough mr. hippos, put some INCE INCE INCE on."

Rolls seem to have different effects on different people. I didn't get horny... at all. In fact, it would be hard for me to imagine having sex while on a roll. It is just so intense and introspective for me... I just like to lay or sit there and listen to music... Or actually play music. I've done it quite a few times with other musicians and had epic jams.

But, sex really never came into the equation for me (it has been a long time since I've done them... closing in on a decade).

And, I wouldn't exactly call Sade 'dark,' although you might be able to draw that conclusion if it was something that you were looking for. If I were to pick an adjective to describe the music, it would probably be 'erotic.'
Old 01-13-2011, 01:22 AM   #29
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

it's music that females listen to while taking a candle lit bubble bath...

I think I equate it to that cause my ex used to do that all the time...

you've heard her stuff...everyone has...sure you would recongnize it right away...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:30 AM   #30
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
it's music that females listen to while taking a candle lit bubble bath...

I think I equate it to that cause my ex used to do that all the time...

you've heard her stuff...everyone has...sure you would recongnize it right away...
Oh, definitely. Females will get down to some Sade.

Then again, don't simply cast away the music because of the bubble baths, scented soaps and Yankee Candles. There is more to it than meets the eye.

And, yeah... Hippos has definitely heard it. Then again, he is Canadian. Don't the chicks up there dig accordion music?

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 01-13-2011 at 01:32 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: