Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-13-2011, 01:41 AM   #31
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Default Re: Sade Appreciation Thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Oh, definitely. Females will get down to some Sade.

Then again, don't simply cast away the music because of the bubble baths, scented soaps and Yankee Candles. There is more to it than meets the eye.

And, yeah... Hippos has definitely heard it. Then again, he is Canadian. Don't the chicks up there dig accordion music?

I most definately appreciate her as an artist and think she has a ton of talent (or did) but I do also think that her target audience is female...pretty sure that is her main demographic...

not saying it is wrong for a man to like her stuff...I LIKE HER STUFF!!!...but I don't have any male freinds that own her CD...and I can kind of understand why, you have to be in a certain mood for that stuff that mood is rarely found in men...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:46 AM   #32
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
I've never seen them live, but look for yourself. It sounds pretty good to me... Band is getting it and she is bringing that sweet tone. In fairness, maybe she just did a little too much H the night your pops saw the band? ;-)

Fair enough. I know bands just like all working people have off nights and such....one thing that stayed with me though is the extreme disappointment he (my pops) had...I was too young to go to a Sade concert, but I was looking forward to seeing him after because I knew how much he like her.

Maybe she cleaned up since then or now has her act together.

Another thing...isn't she very selective about who she (or they) do collabos with and let sample their stuff? (maybe I'm thinking of someone else)
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:13 AM   #33
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
Fair enough. I know bands just like all working people have off nights and such....one thing that stayed with me though is the extreme disappointment he (my pops) had...I was too young to go to a Sade concert, but I was looking forward to seeing him after because I knew how much he like her.

Maybe she cleaned up since then or now has her act together.

Another thing...isn't she very selective about who she (or they) do collabos with and let sample their stuff? (maybe I'm thinking of someone else)
Not sure about the band's stance on collaborations and sampling, but I would think that they are pretty selective. Then again, a lot of underground electronica will take tiny bits without doing the proper licensing. Just type 'Sade sampling' into Google. You will get thousands of direct hits.

It would be damn near impossible for them to stay on top of all of it. I have to think that, if it isn't an overt stealing of a lengthy piece from one of their songs, they don't bother with it. If it is just Sade singing one or two syllables, they are probably likely to let it go.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:19 AM   #34
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
Not sure about the band's stance on collaborations and sampling, but I would think that they are pretty selective. Then again, a lot of underground electronica will take tiny bits without doing the proper licensing. Just type 'Sade sampling' into Google. You will get thousands of direct hits.

It would be damn near impossible for them to stay on top of all of it. I have to think that, if it isn't an overt stealing of a lengthy piece from one of their songs, they don't bother with it. If it is just Sade singing one or two syllables, they are probably likely to let it go.

I have to find this story now. Some big name rapper was JUST trying to get into the studio with her and it never happened (i'm thinking) because of their selective manner. Idk why but I always find collabos from great artists interesting (whether they get made or not).
Old 01-13-2011, 03:08 AM   #35
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
I have to find this story now. Some big name rapper was JUST trying to get into the studio with her and it never happened (i'm thinking) because of their selective manner. Idk why but I always find collabos from great artists interesting (whether they get made or not).
Quote:
Sade Adu turned down Jay-Z!

Hov came calling & Sade said NO…To a collaboration that is. Jay-Z is one of the greatest Hip-Hop icons EVER, but that didn’t convince Sade to duet with him. In a recent LA Times interview the Nigerian-British songstress also admitted to turning down collab or sample requests from other prominent rappers like Drake and Kanye West.

http://that1960chick.com/2010/10/18/...ed-down-jay-z/

that is f*cking awesome....she is my hero

her music is worth more than money to her...

a Sade - Jay-Z collab would make me want to f*cking vomit...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:37 AM   #36
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Thumbs up Re: Sade Appreciation Thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
http://that1960chick.com/2010/10/18/...ed-down-jay-z/

that is f*cking awesome....she is my hero

her music is worth more than money to her...

a Sade - Jay-Z collab would make me want to f*cking vomit...
Agreed 100%.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:20 AM   #37
momo
Value Ape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VishaltotheG

That is not Sade, it is Everything But The Girl. Biggest hit they have, Todd Terry did the house re rub that relaunched EBTGs career and launched or helped launch a them as an electronic mainstay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT2fJxebIRw

I Love Sade btw, but that is not them/her. She is one of my fav singers as well as EBTGs Tracey Thorn.
momo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:33 PM   #38
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin

Quote:
I've never seen them live, but look for yourself. It sounds pretty good to me... Band is getting it and she is bringing that sweet tone. In fairness, maybe she just did a little too much H the night your pops saw the band? ;-)

Rolls seem to have different effects on different people. I didn't get horny... at all. In fact, it would be hard for me to imagine having sex while on a roll. It is just so intense and introspective for me... I just like to lay or sit there and listen to music... Or actually play music. I've done it quite a few times with other musicians and had epic jams.

But, sex really never came into the equation for me (it has been a long time since I've done them... closing in on a decade).

And, I wouldn't exactly call Sade 'dark,' although you might be able to draw that conclusion if it was something that you were looking for. If I were to pick an adjective to describe the music, it would probably be 'erotic.'

Well I will be more specific. I get horny on M or E. But as far as actually being able to bang? No chance in hell on M. Nuh uh. Flop city. lol E though? Depends on what. I'm not versed in the chemicals in different types, but some I can do just fine with and others are just like M.

Coke? Shrinks. But can always get it with a little prodding. Such a dirty, dirty drug...no one should ever do this horrible thing.

OK, just listened to the first song posted of her in this thread. I can see me def. getting down on E. If I was on white I'd want to kill her though. Would be way to antsy. Would be saying "Can we change the music....can we change it....can we change it.....what is this.....holy **** this is killing me."

Last edited by Dolphin : 01-13-2011 at 12:36 PM.
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:23 PM   #39
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:

You're right. It was Jay Z that wanted to collab and she declined.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 04:09 AM   #40
Done_And_Done
D & D

Quote:
I'm not sure where I originally heard it. I've done my share of 'partying' (for lack of a better word) over the course of my life and that has brought me in contact with a myriad of characters. I can unequivocally say that Sade is popular with the opiate crowd because, to be completely honest, I've witnessed it first-hand... And I was told that, the next time I got my hands on some of those particular substances (never did H, for the record) to throw on some Sade.

I never got around to actually trying it and this was some years ago when I was still heavily involved in the party scene. But, I like Sade anyway, so I'm sure it would be a good fit. Also, like I said, if you have ever fooled around with any semi-hard opiates, you can understand why there would be this connection. Her voice alone is like a warm blanket, which is what those family of drugs also induce.

You called it verbal orgasm. That is a good way to describe her... That is also a good way to describe the feeling that those kinds of drugs bring about. There is a reason they are so addictive.

As for Sade being involved with hardcore opiates herself... If true, she would join a list of some of the greatest artists (not just in music) that have ever lived falling into that world. Drugs are almost a rite of passage for brilliant artists. It certainly isn't hard to believe.

Oh come on... You and I both know that ANY music sounds good when you are rolling. I could find depth and beauty in a Justin Bieber tune while under the influence of E.

As for yayo... You actually find time for listening to music in between the jabber jaw? In my experiences with that drug, people would much rather hear themselves speak than they would listen to a great band.

But, yeah... You probably really would dig Sade (with or without the substances). She has some good stuff and she has also been sampled countless times in nearly all forms of electronic music. That voice is damn near perfect and totally unique.

Repped for being an extremely informative mofo as per always
Done_And_Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:50 PM   #41
Legend of Josh
Banned

Cherish the Day ...

... that has to be on God's iTune list.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: