Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 01-12-2011, 12:34 PM   #1
MannyO
Super Cool E

MannyO has decent reputation
Default losing streak

So far this has been a less than perfect season we are currently 1-7 and alot of those games have been blowouts. The team we have this season is undersized and young and they just dont know how to compete. We have 9 games remaining in the regular season and 3 of them are going to be the real challenges but other than that we should be able to pull off enough wins to get us into the playoffs. Now the coach has made me the captain of the team and he wants me to lead. I do whatever it takes for us to win whether its scoring, lockdown D, rebounding or w.e. One of our biggest problems this season is that we have trouble scoring and rebounding. I feel that I need to be more aggressive on the offensive end in order to keep us in the game and along with crashing the boards. Its going to be tough but I am willing to put in the work, has anybody ever been in this situation and can help me out?
MannyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:26 AM   #2
Birmingham1955
High school junior varsity star

Birmingham1955 has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: losing streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyO
So far this has been a less than perfect season we are currently 1-7 and alot of those games have been blowouts. The team we have this season is undersized and young and they just dont know how to compete. We have 9 games remaining in the regular season and 3 of them are going to be the real challenges but other than that we should be able to pull off enough wins to get us into the playoffs. Now the coach has made me the captain of the team and he wants me to lead. I do whatever it takes for us to win whether its scoring, lockdown D, rebounding or w.e. One of our biggest problems this season is that we have trouble scoring and rebounding. I feel that I need to be more aggressive on the offensive end in order to keep us in the game and along with crashing the boards. Its going to be tough but I am willing to put in the work, has anybody ever been in this situation and can help me out?

As long as your given 100% then that's all you can really ask to do. Some guys are just more talented.
Birmingham1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:25 AM   #3
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Do not fall into the abyss. I have a club in my program that currently stands at 0-6 and my little brothers' team is now also 0-6. I can tell that one team is about to crack. The coach is terribly frustrated with the players. The players are terribly frustrated with the coach. Tempers are flaring. Players want to quit because losing sucks. All that good stuff.

In my brothers' case, I have encouraged him to continue to attempt to lead his squad (freshman team). A number of his classmates were moved up to the JV level, leaving the cupboard quite bare. It's been tough on my guy but I'm proud that he's done a good job of helping to keep things positive and competitive.

It's clear there's really two ways a team can go at this point after such a rough start. They can jump off the cliff or they can fight for their life. One may as well go down fighting. If you love the game, I see no reason as to why one would mentally give up and more or less mail in a season while laying blame on teammates, coaches, etc.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:24 PM   #4
carpevicis
Decent playground baller

carpevicis has an OK reputation so far

Well, it's time to step up and start going beast mode in the games. Here's a good opportunity to play big minutes and put up big numbers since the coach probably doesn't think the team is going to win alot.
carpevicis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:52 PM   #5
MannyO
Super Cool E

MannyO has decent reputation

Yea i def dont plan on quitting especially since we have a very good chance at making the playoffs. Last game I went hot as soon as I was put in and scored 7 straight pts to bring the team back. After that I have fully gained my coaches trust as a leader. I have never really had the role to be the scorer but I am willing to take it. Defense is not a problem for me at all because I am a lockdown defender. Now I just have to be an offensive force.

To be a good scorer I know these:
1. Always LOOK to score
2. Be aggressive
3. Confident
4. Relaxed

If there are any other tips feel free to tell. Thanks.
MannyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:15 AM   #6
Magic bird
The Banner

Magic bird has decent reputation
Smile Re: losing streak

This is kinda like my team at the moment, we are 1-3 and our team is'nt rebounding well, im playing SG this year so what i do is try and focus on one part of the game eg: defense, finishing, handles, rebounding and work on it, I've found that it really helps improve my overall game and lessens the impact of losing. Good luck with your next game tho
Magic bird is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: