Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 01-14-2011, 12:09 AM   #1
SinJackal
Banned

SinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default So what are your thoughts on Boozer now?

I remember some of you guys didn't like the signing, and prefered to get Bosh. He's missed some time, but looks 100% now and is putting up some really nice numbers.

20.7/10.3/2.2, and shooting .564%

He's been putting up about 21.5/11.2 since those first two slow games back that are draining his averages a little.

I'm really liking Boozer. He's really clutch, seems nearly unstoppable in the post sometimes, and is actually displaying good post defense. My only gripe about him is that his help defense needs a lot of work. Pretty much everything about his game is impressing me this year.

I'm curious as to what everyone else here thinks of him now.

Bulls in 3rd today too. Should be only 3 1/2 games out of second if Miami continues to lose tonight.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:21 AM   #2
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: So what are your thoughts on Boozer now?

Boozer has been playing inspired basketball. I am more than happy with what he's bringing...aside from the Bobcats game. I can understand though, it seemed no one could find the basket in that game. One of those where it's just not your night.

After watching all the PF's from the 2010 free agency, I think we got the best fit. Boozer and Noah are going to be a force for time to come. Those two are the yin and yang to having success in the post.

Last edited by Undisputed : 02-01-2011 at 11:17 PM.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:07 AM   #3
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinJackal
I remember some of you guys didn't like the signing, and prefered to get Bosh. He's missed some time, but looks 100% now and is putting up some really nice numbers.

20.7/10.3/2.2, and shooting .564%

He's been putting up about 21.5/11.2 since those first two slow games back that are draining his averages a little.

I'm really liking Boozer. He's really clutch, seems nearly unstoppable in the post sometimes, and is actually displaying good post defense. My only gripe about him is that his help defense needs a lot of work. Pretty much everything about his game is impressing me this year.

I'm curious as to what everyone else here thinks of him now.

Bulls in 3rd today too. Should be only 3 1/2 games out of second if Miami continues to lose tonight.
I think most fans including me like Boozer but had concerns about his penchant of getting injured and taking a long time to heal.
I remember liking almost every PF available including Bosh, Amare and even Lee, but now, im happy they didn't get Lee who imo is a polished version of Taj.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:46 AM   #4
themurph
High School Varsity 6th Man

themurph is a pretty well-respected posterthemurph is a pretty well-respected posterthemurph is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
I think most fans including me like Boozer but had concerns about his penchant of getting injured and taking a long time to heal.
I remember liking almost every PF available including Bosh, Amare and even Lee, but now, im happy they didn't get Lee who imo is a polished version of Taj.

Indeed...it was never Boozer's game that people were concerned with...It was the fact that he is a bit injury prone.....The jury is still out in terms of this...But no one can criticize Boozer's play this season...he's been beasting...
themurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:42 AM   #5
Chicago Brawls
Great young streetballer

Chicago Brawls is a pretty well-respected posterChicago Brawls is a pretty well-respected posterChicago Brawls is a pretty well-respected posterChicago Brawls is a pretty well-respected poster

I like him on offense.

On defense we will suffer without Noah having his back.
Chicago Brawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:54 PM   #6
ReturnofJPR
Mirotic: Euro MVP '13

ReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this board

I don't know who would say that they didn't like the signing. He's Elton Brand on steroids, we've needed him since 1999.

He's perfect for this team. Chicago needs to add that final piece (2 guard) and then they can win back 2 back Championships.
ReturnofJPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:48 PM   #7
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Brawls
I like him on offense.

Simple, to the point, and pretty much right on.

Offensively he's excellent besides missing an occassional easy shot here and there, but on defense he irritates me alot by rotating slowly and making poor decisions on the defensive end of the floor sometimes, but alot of that will be masked by Noah once he returns.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:31 PM   #8
jasonresno
Banned

jasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Brawls
I like him on offense.

Which is funny. Since Noah left our offense has gone down and our defense has gone way up.
jasonresno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 07:49 AM   #9
Chicago Brawls
Great young streetballer

Chicago Brawls is a pretty well-respected posterChicago Brawls is a pretty well-respected posterChicago Brawls is a pretty well-respected posterChicago Brawls is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonresno
Which is funny. Since Noah left our offense has gone down and our defense has gone way up.

Sure, but defense and offense are collective efforts.

I was talking about the individual players.
Chicago Brawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:59 PM   #10
step_back
You see this knife?

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

At first I was disappointed, mainly because we failed to land any of the big free agents. With him going down with an injury before the season had started I lost a lot of hope in him and thought the bulls were going to struggle again at the PF spot.

However looking at the other PF signings Bosh hasn't exactly lit it up in Miami, Lee is inconsistant in golden state, Jefferson has been solid but not exactly special in Utah. Amare is really the only player who has improved his team significantly.

Overall it's been a good signing.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:31 AM   #11
shortlunatic
Knowledge Is Power

shortlunatic has an OK reputation so far

I am extremely happy with it even though I was in favor in signing Bosh over any other PF available. Aside from his injuries, he's everything we could have wished for in the offseason. He bring we what we needed the most, which was points down low, and I think his presence has no doubt helped Rose develop. It's nice to have a solid big down low to dish the ball to, as well as a big who can hit the mid range shot to open space. Unless some freak accident occurs, I expect this duo to be one of the strongest in the league for time to come. I still think Bosh would have been a better fit. He may not exactly be playing up to people's expectations in Miami but you have to cut him slack with such a rapid change in his situation. Still, the Boozer signing was a clear A.
shortlunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:15 PM   #12
SinJackal
Banned

SinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'd also like to point out, that according to hoopsdata, Boozer is a better mid-ranges shooter than both Kobe and Wade. . .percentage wise. He's also better in the post easily.

Pretty much he owns them both offensively besides threes. Boozer doesn't fuck around on offense.

Is anyone else impressed with his passing skills too? That's not something I've heard talked about too much before he got here, but he's got a nice touch and good court vision imo.

Also. . .Boozer's points per minute are higher this year than any year of his career.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:20 PM   #13
DaClutch10
I airball my layups

DaClutch10 has decent reputation

The same, he is a terrific player, and I have always thought he was better than Bosh. He is not loyal though.
DaClutch10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:05 PM   #14
VishaltotheG
College star

VishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaClutch10
The same, he is a terrific player, and I have always thought he was better than Bosh. He is not loyal though.

We have his ass for 5 years. If he wins us a championship in that time I don't care about his future loyalty.
VishaltotheG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:16 PM   #15
DaClutch10
I airball my layups

DaClutch10 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by VishaltotheG
We have his ass for 5 years. If he wins us a championship in that time I don't care about his future loyalty.
The problem was that he was injured frequently in Utah....and the Bulls have already experienced this with him. A lot of injuries were kind of weak in Utah, like the type of injuries you would see Shaq would have in his prime. Shaq was probably capable of playing with those injuries, but he just wanted to save himself for the playoffs.

I think Boozer is kind of the same way...
DaClutch10 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: