Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 01-14-2011, 03:23 PM   #1
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Monroe's Progress

What does everyone think of Greg Monroe's progress lately? I'm glad to see he's been getting his chance and actually putting up some nice numbers. I think we need to keep playing him and let him hit that "rookie wall" so he can learn how to work around that and play through some adversity. I wonder what happens when/if Rip goes to NJ and they bring Foster in here. Then we'll have another big that will need to fit into the rotation..... I'd hate to see it take some of the young guys PT, especially for someone who is just an expiring contract that will end up somewhere else next year anyhow.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:58 PM   #2
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Monroe's Progress

Really stepping it up lately. I'm proud of him. I think he's going to be a stud. I think his ceiling is Paul Gasol. He's not a full time C, but he can be a 4/5 type. Ideally our future big man rotation would be something like Monroe and Gortat starting with CV off the bench.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:31 PM   #3
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I agree he's not a full time C. He can play the spot some but he's probably better suited for PF. Of course if we can sign or draft a big man, he won't have to worry about that anyhow. In the draft the Pistons are rumored to be looking at a couple of C's so I think it might get done this year. Now they just need to be able to play too. I think Monroe might be a steal at #7 when we're looking back on things in a few years.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:06 PM   #4
Kombo
:)

Kombo has decent reputationKombo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I agree he's not a full time C. He can play the spot some but he's probably better suited for PF. Of course if we can sign or draft a big man, he won't have to worry about that anyhow. In the draft the Pistons are rumored to be looking at a couple of C's so I think it might get done this year. Now they just need to be able to play too. I think Monroe might be a steal at #7 when we're looking back on things in a few years.

Who are some guys you'd like to see us target with this draft?

Do you know anything about John Henson from UNC? I know the team has been disappointing, and Harrison Barnes has been really disappointing. Just wonder if John Henson looks at all like a good pro prospect.
Kombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:26 PM   #5
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kombo
Who are some guys you'd like to see us target with this draft?

Do you know anything about John Henson from UNC? I know the team has been disappointing, and Harrison Barnes has been really disappointing. Just wonder if John Henson looks at all like a good pro prospect.

I think I'd like to see another big man. We'll end up resigning Stuckey. He's actually been very good over the past couple seasons and I don't think he quite gets the credit he deserves. We've already invested in Gordon. It's obvious he isn't going anywhere (unfortunately). I think we might have a chance to resign McGrady too. Tay will definitely walk but we still have Daye and Jerebko who can play SF. If we were able to get Perry Jones he's probably the one lock of the draft. I highly doubt we end up with a #1 or #2 pick though.... For C's there's only two to take a gamble on, Donatas Motiejunas and Enes Kanter. I think Kanter still needs a lot of work. Motiejunas is probably the more NBA ready of the two. Though Motiejunas is probably more like a Monroe type player whereas Kanter's position is definitely C. There's some mock drafts that have us taking another 6'9" PF in Derrick Williams out of Arizona. Others have us drafting Motiejunas. I think most mock drafts have us positioned at about #6 or #7 thus far which is why they have us drafting these players. Jonas Valanciunas is the other big man to take a look at mid 1st round. Overall it looks like this draft is starting to become pretty weak. It's not a good year to be a bad team......
Old 01-18-2011, 06:44 PM   #6
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool

If it's not a C, pure PG or unmissable superstar, I don't want to draft anyone. I'll take Irving,BArnes,Jones or Kanter. Otherwise, I'd much rather package our 1st and Tay for a veteran like Randolph or Kaman.

Monroe is easily a steal at 7 fwiw
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: