Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-16-2011, 05:13 AM   #31
JustinJDW

JustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this board
Default Re: Who hates giant tests that your future depends on?

I've always dealt with test anxiety by looking that said anxiety dead in the eye and saying some stuff like "**** you. You ain't got shit on me son. I'm Kobe Bryant, you're the Toronto Raptors and we're taking a time travel ride back to 2006. I've gotten this far and I'd be damned if I'm gonna let some gay ass test screw me over now."

You have to remember that you're the only one in this bro. You're the only one that controls how you do on this is test. As much as it may feel like it, no mythical force is going to come out from space and take control of your life. This is yours. You've put in the work, you've put in the effort and you've put in this hours. You've got this man, all you gotta do is just take it. **** all that test anxiety bullshit.

This shit is yours man. Make this test your *****, **** it sideways and then tell it not to let the door hit it in the ass on the way out.
JustinJDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:08 AM   #32
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Do you go to PSU?

Anyway, all you can do is study as much as possible in the time you have. I'd also maybe try to write an outline of all 6 sections and cram it before the test day.

The worst that could happen is you don't pass, you find out what you got wrong,you take the test again later and pass.

I always did well on my tests because I did practice tests.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:24 AM   #33
Quata
TheBogeyOne

Quata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation here

Good luck with it bro.

I'm in the same boat as well, currently studying for the biggest and most important test in my life so far. Doing GAMSAT, which is the med entry exam in australia. Med is post-grad only, so in my final year of biomedical science so once i finish this year with the required grades (which is the easy part) if i do well enough in GAMSAT im in!

Its in about 2 months time, just starting studying about now, going to be quite intense.
Quata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:27 AM   #34
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

you can do it
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:34 PM   #35
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
Do you go to PSU?

Anyway, all you can do is study as much as possible in the time you have. I'd also maybe try to write an outline of all 6 sections and cram it before the test day.

I go to Pacific.

I'm working on making and memorizing outlines. I'm thinking that I can memorize 60% of the test word for word as far as what I'm going to write (still no easy task), and the last 40% will have to be spur of the moment based on the vignette I'm giving to write about. If I can crank through that 60% that is memorized in a couple hours, then I will still have a few hours left to do some serious brain storming on the other 40%.
Myth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:40 PM   #36
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
Texas Bar Exam:

3 hours first day, short answer.
6 hours second day, multiple choice.
6 hours 3rd day, essays.

ouch
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:35 AM   #37
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Thanks for all the support. I'm really starting to gain confidence and I still have a few days. I'm sure some more anxiety will creep in and out though.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:25 PM   #38
snipes12
Dirk Madness

snipes12 has not been impressing people

fck this that's why i hate school .. thats why i love my job , i earn enough money at the same time simplier tasks
snipes12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:50 PM   #39
M.V.P
Most Valuable Player

M.V.P has a terrific reputationM.V.P has a terrific reputationM.V.P has a terrific reputationM.V.P has a terrific reputationM.V.P has a terrific reputationM.V.P has a terrific reputation

I'm pretty sure it's mostly anxiety why people fail. I mean, if you've come this far along in your studies, you're clearly competent enough to pass this test. The rest will just be up to how you're feeling on the day of the test and your preparation. If you prepare, there's no reason to not do well....
M.V.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:54 PM   #40
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRabbiT
ouch
prelim exam in a phd program looks something like this
day 1 - 8 hours to answer questions from one prof. generally about 4-5 (emailed to you to start the morning), expect you to respond in great detail (referenced, etc). So about 20-30 pages of writing
day 2- repeat for second prof
day 3- repeat for third prof
day 4 - repeat for committee chair
day 5 - oral presentation of your dissertation research design and oral defense of both it and the questions you answered , about 4 hours total.

That was the last big "test" I had, other than my actual dissertation defense (which is much easier in many ways). Needless to say, my hands were cramped and broken after that 4th day.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:56 PM   #41
Irish
Sussudio

Irish has decent reputation

I had a law final year exam today, started studying yesterday
And went to 3 out of 27 classes.
I have no idea how I have passed the first three years, I'm sure when I sit down everyone is thinking, 'Who the **** is that guy'?

Keep your eye on the goal, your brain can be surprising sometimes, it picks up things without you knowing. I'm sure you have done enough exams to know to be confident going in (not overly though). keep telling yourself 'I know everything I need to know.' 'I am prepared for this test'

Good luck
Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:08 PM   #42
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.V.P
I'm pretty sure it's mostly anxiety why people fail. I mean, if you've come this far along in your studies, you're clearly competent enough to pass this test. The rest will just be up to how you're feeling on the day of the test and your preparation. If you prepare, there's no reason to not do well....

I actually think a lot of the times it is the opposite. People are over confident or don't care enough on tests, thus don't prepare and then fail. Anxiety motivates me to study so that I can be ready for the test.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:20 PM   #43
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I actually think a lot of the times it is the opposite. People are over confident or don't care enough on tests, thus don't prepare and then fail. Anxiety motivates me to study so that I can be ready for the test.
yep, I see that all the time from undergrads.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: