Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 01-17-2011, 05:17 AM   #1
sportin_life
Gotta love West LA

sportin_life has an OK reputation so far
Default Gilbert Arenas and Orlando

I was expecting big things from him and own him in several leagues. He looked pretty solid w/ Washington for someone I grabbed 6th-7th round in those leagues, but he's been a disaster so far in Orlando. He doesn't get the minutes, and when he does, his FG% has been horrid, and he isn't hitting many 3's or doing much else.

At this point, what do you expect from him? Do you think he'll actually get a starting slot as SG at some point this season and produce? Or is he bound to his horrible and useless stats for the rest of the season?

Washington (21 games)
17.3/3.3/5.6, 39% FG, 84% FT
2.2 three-pt, 1.4 steals

Orlando (14 games) --- has it really been 14 games already?
9.4/2.7/4.2, 36% FG, 67% FT
1.4 three-pt, 1.0 steals

I'm trying to figure out if I should cut him, although my waivers in most leagues are thin. I've been trying to trade him, but no one wants to take a gamble on him.
sportin_life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:03 PM   #2
tian820
NBA lottery pick

tian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this board
Default Re: Gilbert Arenas and Orlando

I wouldn't hold my breath for him to take that starting 2 spot. JRich is playing well right now. I could see taking Nelson's spot down the line though because of a possible trade. Orlando needs to get some more depth up front to back up Howard and Nelson's one of their few movable assets that another team may bite on. I'd at least hold onto Gilbert until the trade deadline unless someone really enticing pops up on the WW
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:42 PM   #3
GhostDeini32
serenity now

GhostDeini32 has decent reputation

ride it out, you are stuck with him.. for better or for worse.

he is bound to turn it around.
GhostDeini32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:45 AM   #4
lakeshow2011
Can barely lace up my sneakers

lakeshow2011 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by tian820
I wouldn't hold my breath for him to take that starting 2 spot. JRich is playing well right now. I could see taking Nelson's spot down the line though because of a possible trade. Orlando needs to get some more depth up front to back up Howard and Nelson's one of their few movable assets that another team may bite on. I'd at least hold onto Gilbert until the trade deadline unless someone really enticing pops up on the WW

This guy said it best, I would hold onto him at least until the trade deadline (which is in a couple more weeks) to see if Nelson gets traded. If he doesn't get traded and Gil still hasn't picked things up then you can consider waiving him if there is a decent FA still available.
lakeshow2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: