Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-17-2011, 12:01 PM   #1
Bird
I Drain 3's

Bird has a terrific reputationBird has a terrific reputationBird has a terrific reputationBird has a terrific reputationBird has a terrific reputationBird has a terrific reputation
Default Which comic book movies are you looking forward too?

I was talking to my wife earlier and she was asking me if I was excited for the upcoming Captain America & Thor movies, so I decided to check out what other comic book movies are coming out over the horizon.

Over the next two years-ish, there are 17 comic book related movies coming out (all of them are listed below).

* Mar 4 - Priest
* May 6 - Thor
* Jun 3 - X-Men: First Class
* Jun 17 - Green Lantern
* Jul 1 - Transformers: Dark of the Moon
* Jul 22 - Captain America: The First Avenger
* Jul 29 - Cowboys & Aliens
* Aug 19 - Conan

* Feb 17 - Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengence
* May 4 - The Avengers
* May 25 - Men in Black 3
* Jun 8 - John Carter of Mars
* Jun 29 - Star Trek 2
* Jul 3 - Spider-Man Reboot
* Jul 20 - Batman: The Dark Knight Rises
* Dec ?? - The Hobbit Pt.1

* May 3 - Iron Man 3

I know I can admit to Captain America, The Avengers, Batman: TDKR and Iron Man 3 being the movies I look forward to the most. Not knowing much about a few of these movies (Cowboys & Aliens, John Carter of Mars and Priest to be specific) kind of hinders my willingness to get excited about them.

As for the MiB, Ghost Rider, Spiderman and Star Trek sequels, I think I will hold my judgment until closer to the release dates.

Which ones are you most looking forward too?
Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:32 PM   #2
BaņkShot
3-time NBA All-Star

BaņkShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBaņkShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBaņkShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBaņkShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBaņkShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBaņkShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBaņkShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBaņkShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBaņkShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBaņkShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBaņkShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Which comic book movies are you looking forward too?

Spider Man Reboot.
BaņkShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:37 PM   #3
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Hobbit is based on a novel written by Tolkien, not a comic book.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:38 PM   #4
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird

* Mar 4 - Priest
* May 6 - Thor
* Jun 3 - X-Men: First Class
* Jun 17 - Green Lantern
* Jul 1 - Transformers: Dark of the Moon
* Jul 22 - Captain America: The First Avenger
* Jul 29 - Cowboys & Aliens
* Aug 19 - Conan

* Feb 17 - Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengence
* May 4 - The Avengers
* May 25 - Men in Black 3
* Jun 8 - John Carter of Mars
* Jun 29 - Star Trek 2
* Jul 3 - Spider-Man Reboot
* Jul 20 - Batman: The Dark Knight Rises
* Dec ?? - The Hobbit Pt.1

* May 3 - Iron Man 3

X-Men is the only one that I'm definitely gonna see in theaters but that's just cuz I've always been a huge fan. Not expecting a great movie really. Hobbit and Dark Knight I'll probably try to get around to seeing too.

Also, I thought they were making another Wolverine movie, about him in Japan?
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:19 PM   #5
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

For me, I'm most EXCITED about The Dark Knight Rises (anyone found anything on who the villain(s) is?) and X-men: First Class. I'm interested in the reboot of the Spiderman movie. I'll definitely be catching those three in theaters.

But I thought there was supposed to be a Gambit movie and a Deadpool movie coming out?

I KNOW there's a Deadpool in the works. It's supposed to be coming out sometime in 2012 and Ryan Reynolds is Deadpool.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:24 PM   #6
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

all of em, i like superhero movies
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:05 PM   #7
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Thor, Captain America and Green Lantern are the 3 I'm most looking forward to.

I also want to see Star Trek 2, but it's not high on my list.

The new X-men films will suck though.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:12 PM   #8
QuebecBaller
Next Great White Hope

QuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
For me, I'm most EXCITED about The Dark Knight Rises (anyone found anything on who the villain(s) is?) and X-men: First Class. I'm interested in the reboot of the Spiderman movie. I'll definitely be catching those three in theaters.

But I thought there was supposed to be a Gambit movie and a Deadpool movie coming out?

I KNOW there's a Deadpool in the works. It's supposed to be coming out sometime in 2012 and Ryan Reynolds is Deadpool.

Tom Hardy will play the role of Hugo Strange
QuebecBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:14 PM   #9
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Dark Knight Rises
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:22 PM   #10
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Men in Black III and to be honest I'm stoked about Green Hornet. I heard Seth Rogen did exactly what I was worried about and sucked some awesome out of it. But I heard Chou was an absolute G in the movie as Kato.

But I've wanted Will Smith to get back to doing that type of role for a while now and my favorite had to be Men in Blacks because he and Tommy Lee Jones are great together.

Least excited about Spider-Man reboot. I just don't see how that'll work out, it's way too soon.

Thor looks alright but I'm not as stoked as the others because for me Thor is one of those characters that seem way to large to be captured on the big screen. The Destroyer looked awesome though at the end of the preview.

Green Lantern is the same, but I liked how the other Lanters looked. We'll see how they work that one out.

Also, Imma see Cowboys and Aliens for sure.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:49 PM   #11
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

xmen
batman
star trek
hobbit
iron man

those are must sees imo

thor might be great
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:57 PM   #12
PurpleChuck
Banned

PurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Captain US!
PurpleChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:29 AM   #13
Bird
I Drain 3's

Bird has a terrific reputationBird has a terrific reputationBird has a terrific reputationBird has a terrific reputationBird has a terrific reputationBird has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP

I thought I had heard about that as well. Thoroughly like Deadpool and would love to see a movie based just on his character.

As for a Gambit movie, I hadn't heard anything about that, but I think if they do make one, it will EASILY be the darkest X-Men movie ever made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
The Hobbit is based on a novel written by Tolkien, not a comic book.

I took this list from comicbookmovies.com & found it extremely weird that The Hobbit was listed, but kind of just left it up there. I did know it was based on a book by Tolkien though.
Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:57 AM   #14
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Dark Knight Rises is #1, although I get a feeling it's going to turn into a bit of a cluster**** and they'll try and cram too much into the story.

After that it's The Avengers and Cowboys & Aliens.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:03 AM   #15
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird
I took this list from comicbookmovies.com & found it extremely weird that The Hobbit was listed, but kind of just left it up there. I did know it was based on a book by Tolkien though.

that site can get a little liberal at times with what it considers a comic based film.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: