Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-17-2011, 05:03 PM   #31
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Favourite Marvel Comic Character

Quote:
Marvel gets way overblown, Xmen for example has all those characters in rainbow costumes
What's the difference between the color of X-men costumes and JLA costumes? Are you serious?
Quote:
alternate timelines,
And DC doesn't? Elseworlds? what about wonder woman just waking up in recent issues with a new costume and history, with no explanation of how it occurred? total reboot with no explanation whatsoever.
Quote:
Magneto always dies then comes back to life
Superman, batman, martian manhunter, the flash, green lantern, superboy, robin, and countless major DC characters have all "died".

Quote:

As you can see it is all pointless convoluted drivel
Have you ever tried reading Final Crisis?
Quote:
in comparison to DC books like Dark Knight Returns, Batman Year 1 or the Sandman or Swamp Thing
So you are comparing out of continuity miniseries or reboots to in continuity ongoing series? of course it's next to impossible to keep storylines straights when writers come and go, a problem you don't have with a limited series.

DC has their problems and marvel has theirs but you really should take the DC colored glasses off and realize that both publishers have issues with the "problems" you just described.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:15 PM   #32
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What I like about DC is that its easier to follow as a whole than Marvel. Marvel has so many characters and story lines that end up getting tied together that sometimes its easy to miss things and get a little lost.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:50 PM   #33
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
What's the difference between the color of X-men costumes and JLA costumes? Are you serious?

And DC doesn't? Elseworlds? what about wonder woman just waking up in recent issues with a new costume and history, with no explanation of how it occurred? total reboot with no explanation whatsoever.

Superman, batman, martian manhunter, the flash, green lantern, superboy, robin, and countless major DC characters have all "died".

Have you ever tried reading Final Crisis? So you are comparing out of continuity miniseries or reboots to in continuity ongoing series? of course it's next to impossible to keep storylines straights when writers come and go, a problem you don't have with a limited series.

DC has their problems and marvel has theirs but you really should take the DC colored glasses off and realize that both publishers have issues with the "problems" you just described.
I dont like comics that much so dont care so much between DC and marvel all I know is from what I read DC has produced actual good literature like Dark Knight Returns and Batman year 1 and Kingdom Come, as in comics that actually have meaning and purpose outside of just telling a goofy story and all marvel ever produces are goofy story lines involving marvel zombies or some shit like that with no literary meaning other than to tell an overly complicated and convuluted story, yeh Justice league is goofy as well but DC has more going for it than Marvel ever has
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:53 PM   #34
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
My desktop background. Every time I look at it I notice someone new. No idea how people can say DC is better.
I personally thought the story-lines and writing was better. Just my personal opinion.

And my favorite Marvel character is...

Apocalypse

Last edited by Meticode : 01-17-2011 at 11:58 PM.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:00 AM   #35
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Spider-Man
Deadpool
Galactus
Black Panther
Thor
The Surfer

My off the top list of my favorite books. Galactus is the exception but I like almost all the Galactus story lines.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:01 AM   #36
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Love to do a comic draft, but I know that I don't have time to head it.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:02 AM   #37
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid

http://www.comicvine.com/doctor-doom...537/?offset=38

Love to do a comic draft, but I know that I don't have time to head it.
i'll run something similar whenever i have some free time.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:06 AM   #38
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
What I like about DC is that its easier to follow as a whole than Marvel. Marvel has so many characters and story lines that end up getting tied together that sometimes its easy to miss things and get a little lost.
I always thought it was a good thing and a bad thing. It's cool that it ties the entire universe together and you get interactions between all the different characters. But at the same time it's annoying when you're reading a solo title and it's getting interrupted by whatever "event" that Marvel are running at the time.

Deadpool and The Punisher (Garth Ennis's Punisher MAX is the best) are my two top favorites.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:23 AM   #39
Mr. Grieves
He shoots, he bricks.

Mr. Grieves has decent reputationMr. Grieves has decent reputation

Magneto, not the chick. But Magneto be bangin that b!tch.
Mr. Grieves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:09 AM   #40
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

A comic draft would be cool fellas. I think the break's been long enough.

As for this DC v Marvel. I tend to like more Marvel title more but I don't have a favorite company, I just like more of the Marvel titles. I know some people that won't read Marvel, or won't read DC and that's just dumb to me. Fanboyism gets dumb sometimes.

Both have great stuff, both have shitty stuff. Both have very close to copyright illegal similarities.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:19 AM   #41
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

spiderman

he's probably the most well rounded hero character and i grew up on the 90s spiderman cartoon, good story telling
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:12 PM   #42
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
A comic draft would be cool fellas. I think the break's been long enough.

As for this DC v Marvel. I tend to like more Marvel title more but I don't have a favorite company, I just like more of the Marvel titles. I know some people that won't read Marvel, or won't read DC and that's just dumb to me. Fanboyism gets dumb sometimes.

Both have great stuff, both have shitty stuff. Both have very close to copyright illegal similarities.
agreed. i have read trash from i have read great stories from both publishers. Also, writers jump back and forth all the time so for the most part the best writers in the industry have contributed to each company.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:24 PM   #43
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Thread reminded me of this comic that I used to have. I forget what happened or why they were both there, but I remember having it
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:31 PM   #44
8BeastlyXOIAD
3-time NBA All-Star

8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation

Count me in if making Comic Draft
8BeastlyXOIAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:04 PM   #45
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
I personally thought the story-lines and writing was better. Just my personal opinion.

And my favorite Marvel character is...

Apocalypse

Damn, that pic makes me want them to reboot the Xmen franchise and do the whole time travel/Apocalypse storyline.

I'm trying to figure out who would be best to pay the part. I'm leaning towards Michael Clark Duncan. Have him slim down a bit, put him in a badass suit with facial makeup/prosthetics, and film him in a way that makes him look even bigger than he normally is. His voice is also powerful enough, but they can use technology to distort it just a tad too.

Last edited by Myth : 01-18-2011 at 11:07 PM.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: