Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-19-2011, 08:21 PM   #1
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Question: Is this evidence that a photo has been tampered with?

I saw this thread:

Is the Loughner Mug Shot Fake?
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread649329/pg1

and so a few posts down I saw that somebody pointed out that there were boxes in the photo:

Now, call me crazy but wouldn't that be evidence that the photo has been tampered with? Or is there some kind of reason a photo could have this effect?

I took it into photoshop and played with it... and the boxes are clearly there.

thoughts?
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:23 PM   #2
shlver
코비=GOAT

shlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Question: Is this evidence that a photo has been tampered with?

I don't know. Why don't you blow up a non tampered photo and see if there's boxes? maybe I'm completely off with this suggestion, but it seems logical. Or the quality of the camera could be one possible culprit.
shlver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:24 PM   #3
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

that could EASILY be artifacts from a digital camera or a scanner that scanned a photo...

go take a photo with your phone and examine it in PS, you will find similar boxy artifacts...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:26 PM   #4
Scientist
Banned

Scientist has an OK reputation so far

is this serious?
Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:29 PM   #5
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

here he has blue eyes.

here he has brown eyes.

huh?
Old 01-19-2011, 08:32 PM   #6
shlver
코비=GOAT

shlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddler

here he has blue eyes.

here he has brown eyes.

huh?
So? Contacts? I thought you were trying to discuss the boxes...?
Old 01-19-2011, 08:34 PM   #7
Riddler
D-94

Quote:
Originally Posted by shlver
So? Contacts? I thought you were trying to discuss the boxes...?

I guess -playmaker- had an explanation for that.

but at the same time... it seems like the box effect has more to do with the image (shadows and skin) and less about the what might be the result of a low quality digital camera or the photo being scanned.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:35 PM   #8
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

one is in sunlight, the other is indoors, that could make his eyes look different...

moles can come up later in life, obviously...

if that sun pic was taken AFTER the room pic then I would think something was strange...
Old 01-19-2011, 08:37 PM   #9
shlver
코비=GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
one is in sunlight, the other is indoors, that could make his eyes look different...

moles can come up later in life, obviously...

if that sun pic was taken AFTER the room pic then I would think something was strange...
Don't you guys know each other in real life? Do you discuss these kinds of things?
Old 01-19-2011, 08:37 PM   #10
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddler

here he has blue eyes.

here he has brown eyes.

huh?

you and your conspiracy theories

Quote:
Actual Color Change
It is possible for eye color to change over time. Many Caucasian babies are born with "neutral" eye color. Over time, exposure to light activates the pigments within the eye, causing the eyes to darken. This is why many people have blue eyes as babies or young children but darker eyes when they are older. Temporary and instantaneous eye changes, however, are usually an optical illusion, directly related to light reflection.

Read more: How Can Eye Color Change With Mood? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how-does_4967659...#ixzz1BXFIRzT0

now look reeeeaaaallly carefully at his mugshot again.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:40 PM   #11
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
Don't you guys know each other in real life? Do you discuss these kinds of things?
nope...

we have discussed PS a good deal, but not eye color differences in photos or anything like that...
Old 01-19-2011, 08:42 PM   #12
shlver
코비=GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
nope...

we have discussed PS a good deal, but not eye color differences in photos or anything like that...
So you guys haven't met in real life?
No I meant conspiracy theories.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:43 PM   #13
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

his family and friends know what the guy looks like, tampering with the photo achieves what exactly? what is the motive?
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:46 PM   #14
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
So you guys haven't met in real life?
No I meant conspiracy theories.
oh yeah we have argued about conspiracy theories many times but for the most part he leaves that stuff on the internet...

I'll call him in a little bit to let him know that ATS thread is stupid...haha

it makes me want to join that site just so I can tell them how retarded they are...they literally just hunt for reasons to think something is a conspiracy, which I suppose is OK, to question everything, but it does look like complete insanity...and Dooms IS aware of that
Old 01-19-2011, 08:49 PM   #15
Riddler
D-94

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
you and your conspiracy theories

Sorry... I was just asking a question more about images and photoshop.

The only reason I can think of that they might of wanted to tamper with the mug shot is because they beat the $hit out of him and wanted to cover it up.

I when I read the title of the thread on ATS, but when I saw that they pointed out a significant box effect it made me wonder.

But yea... seems like there is an explanation for all these.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: