Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-19-2011, 04:08 PM   #1
hoopaddict08
Decent college freshman

hoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Troy Murphy has been excused from the Nets

Hm......
Quote:
The Nets have excused Troy Murphy from the team, according to Al Iannazzone of The Record.

New Jersey general manager Billy King is expected to address Murphy's absence on Thursday.

The forward has been mentioned in the proposed three-team trade that
would send Carmelo Anthony to the Nets.

Since coming over in a trade with the Pacers last summer, Murphy has appeared in just 18 games for the Nets.

Via Al Iannazzone/The Record

hoopaddict08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:10 PM   #2
LilBTheBasedGod

Default Re: Troy Murphy has been excused from the Nets

wut
Old 01-19-2011, 04:11 PM   #3
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

C'mon whatever needs to happen should happen now. Murph's been burning a hole into my fantasy team. I could use that roster spot!
gasolina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:18 PM   #4
Kombo
:)

Kombo has decent reputationKombo has decent reputation

Hamilton on the bench. Murphy excused.

Melo, please endorse here:

X______________________
Kombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:18 PM   #5
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Peace out. He was worse than Rafer Alston. And that is saying something.
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:21 PM   #6
D12"Magic"
College superstar

D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here

This dude looked promising coming to Nets then was looking like a mess as he joined the Nets.
D12"Magic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:22 PM   #7
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
I thought hes been injured most of the year?
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:03 PM   #8
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
I thought hes been injured most of the year?
Replace injured with Shitty... then yeah your right.
No but for real... he was injured for the 1st month... He has been bricking wide open shots and was even bad at the FT line...
Old 01-19-2011, 05:06 PM   #9
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick

BallsOut has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93

I wouldn't say that just yet. Detroit may be reading this. Could be a dealbreaker.
BallsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:08 PM   #10
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Things that make you go Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:10 PM   #11
Kombo
:)

Kombo has decent reputationKombo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallsOut
I wouldn't say that just yet. Detroit may be reading this. Could be a dealbreaker.

I don't think Detroit cares too much about what Murphy has to offer.

If he sucks, Detroit saves 24 million dollars when he expires. If he's good, they flip him. Either scenario is beneficial to the team moving forward.
Kombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:33 PM   #12
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kombo
I don't think Detroit cares too much about what Murphy has to offer.

If he sucks, Detroit saves 24 million dollars when he expires. If he's good, they flip him. Either scenario is beneficial to the team moving forward.
Exactly. I'm sure they are quite familiar with his situation judging off old tapes or just by looking at the FG%
Old 01-19-2011, 05:40 PM   #13
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm sure nobody even want's to hear about this shit anymore but came across this.

Quote:
Coach George Karl said Anthony was "very distracted" during practice Tuesday and hinted that it may affect Anthony's playing time, Fanhouse.com reports.
Spin: "If Melo plays distracted, I can't play him as many minutes," Karl said. "I thought he was very distracted ... I don't know (if it's because of trade rumors). I don't have that answer." We're not suggesting to bench Anthony against Oklahoma City on Wednesday, but we'll be keeping a close eye on whether his minutes are affected.

Maybe something's heating up? Murphy being excused could be something to pay attention too
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:42 PM   #14
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'd like to point out that this one time i was right. I did say (and was shouted down) that Troy Murphy sucked when the Nets acquired him. I always point to the same thing, the fact that Don Nelson pointed him out as being a key piece of the Warriors teams back in their playoff year and he reacted by going into the tank and wound up being traded weeks later. For pressure being put on him to be part of a potential borderline playoff team.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:45 PM   #15
Droid101
5-time NBA All-Star

Droid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
I'd like to point out that this one time i was right. I did say (and was shouted down) that Troy Murphy sucked when the Nets acquired him. I always point to the same thing, the fact that Don Nelson pointed him out as being a key piece of the Warriors teams back in their playoff year and he reacted by going into the tank and wound up being traded weeks later. For pressure being put on him to be part of a potential borderline playoff team.
He was a great three point shooter and rebounder right up until the Nets... where he only got like 10 minutes a game or none.
Droid101 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: