Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2010, 04:08 PM   #1
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Myth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Orange County
Posts: 21,839
Default What do you expect in return for Rudy?

By now, it is no secret that Rudy is expected to be traded. My question is, what do you expect in return. I'd prefer to pair him up with a larger trade, but with increased pressure to trade him, I think it will end up being just Rudy for a 1st rounder in the 20s range (which I would find acceptable). A rumor I've seen floating around is Prz + Rudy to Boston for Sheed (retiring contract) and a late 1st. If Sheed's contract can be traded in a bigger trade, I would be all for that.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 07:16 PM   #2
Kumo
ISH Jump Crew
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Behind you.
Posts: 2,404
Default Re: What do you expect in return for Rudy?

I seriously doubt we can get a <20 pick for him.
Kumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:32 PM   #3
TheCord#20
I hit open layups
 
TheCord#20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 171
Default Re: What do you expect in return for Rudy?

Trading for Sheed (even if it is just his contract) is something i find funny. I agree with packaging Rudy. It's hard to get equal value for him because his contract is so small. I don't think there should be any pressure to rush a trade with him. He has so leverage and i don't mind having him.
TheCord#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:04 PM   #4
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Myth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Orange County
Posts: 21,839
Default Re: What do you expect in return for Rudy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumo
I seriously doubt we can get a <20 pick for him.

When I said 20s range, I meant 20-29, with a hope of a 20-25 pick.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:46 PM   #5
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick
 
BlazersDozen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 5,409
Default Re: What do you expect in return for Rudy?

He needs to be packaged to try and bring in a legit starting small forward.
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 06:18 PM   #6
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Myth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Orange County
Posts: 21,839
Default Re: What do you expect in return for Rudy?

I think Batum is a legit starting SF. I'd rather package him for a more youthful PG (doesn't need to be a clear upgrade over Andre, just a longer lasting guy due to Andre's age).
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:18 AM   #7
TheCord#20
I hit open layups
 
TheCord#20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 171
Default Re: What do you expect in return for Rudy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
He needs to be packaged to try and bring in a legit starting small forward.

Not a fan of Batum?
TheCord#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:16 PM   #8
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Myth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Orange County
Posts: 21,839
Default Re: What do you expect in return for Rudy?

Breaking news: Rudy is officially a b*tch.

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindbla...andez_pre.html
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:33 AM   #9
Kumo
ISH Jump Crew
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Behind you.
Posts: 2,404
Default Re: What do you expect in return for Rudy?

I've always wondered, do you think Batum dislikes Rudy? Just like a French/Spanish thing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSiiuRuKEJE

See here he throws up two fingers (flipping someone off in Europe) against Pau, Rudys good friend.
Kumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:55 PM   #10
JellyBean
College star
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 3,890
Default Re: What do you expect in return for Rudy?

Sup, Blazer Nation. New fan here. I think that we could get a low 1st round or high 2nd round pick for Rudy, if we went draft pick. If we go player and draft pick, we gotta get a player like Wilson Chandler. This could help us out by freeing up playing positions. Right now, the Blazers have Brandon Roy (SG), Fernandez (SG), Wesley Matthews (SG/SF), Nic Batum (SF) and Luke Babbitt (SF). It is a lot to ask of a rookie to assume a regular role and Babbitt may not be ready to contribute right away, but we can consider the Blazers two-deep at shooting guard and one-deep at small forward; Matthews can play both. But if Fernandez is traded, then Matthews can backup Roy and Chandler can back up Batum, making the Blazers two-deep at each position. Chandler will be a good complement to Batum because although Batum can score, he is more of a defensive stopper. Chandler is efficient in both scoring and rebounding as he averaged 15.3 points per game and 5.4 rebounds per game. Both of these young players have high potential and will be a great tandem to man the small forward position.

In this proposed trade, the Blazers get bigger. Besides the point guard position the probable rotation is full of players with good height for their position.

PG: Andre Miller (6'2") Jerryd Bayless (6'3")

SG: Brandon Roy (6'6") Wesley Matthews (6'5")

SF: Nicolas Batum (6'8") Wilson Chandler (6'8")

PF: LaMarcus Aldridge (6'10") Marcus Camby (6'10")

C: Greg Oden (7'0") Joel Pryzbilla (7'1")
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:20 AM   #11
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Myth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Orange County
Posts: 21,839
Default Re: What do you expect in return for Rudy?

I actually find Chandler unnecessary. I fully expect Matthews to be the main backup at both the SG and the SF positions, otherwise we WAY overpaid for him to play only 13 minutes per game at SG. I don't think we are in an immediate need of anybody that Rudy could pull in other than potentially a backup PF. If there are no backup PF worth getting, then I say hold out for the best pick possible (I don't think a 2nd rounder or even a late late 1st rounder does it).
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:22 PM   #12
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick
 
BlazersDozen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 5,409
Default Re: What do you expect in return for Rudy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyBean
Sup, Blazer Nation. New fan here. I think that we could get a low 1st round or high 2nd round pick for Rudy, if we went draft pick. If we go player and draft pick, we gotta get a player like Wilson Chandler. This could help us out by freeing up playing positions. Right now, the Blazers have Brandon Roy (SG), Fernandez (SG), Wesley Matthews (SG/SF), Nic Batum (SF) and Luke Babbitt (SF). It is a lot to ask of a rookie to assume a regular role and Babbitt may not be ready to contribute right away, but we can consider the Blazers two-deep at shooting guard and one-deep at small forward; Matthews can play both. But if Fernandez is traded, then Matthews can backup Roy and Chandler can back up Batum, making the Blazers two-deep at each position. Chandler will be a good complement to Batum because although Batum can score, he is more of a defensive stopper. Chandler is efficient in both scoring and rebounding as he averaged 15.3 points per game and 5.4 rebounds per game. Both of these young players have high potential and will be a great tandem to man the small forward position.

In this proposed trade, the Blazers get bigger. Besides the point guard position the probable rotation is full of players with good height for their position.

PG: Andre Miller (6'2") Jerryd Bayless (6'3")

SG: Brandon Roy (6'6") Wesley Matthews (6'5")

SF: Nicolas Batum (6'8") Wilson Chandler (6'8")

PF: LaMarcus Aldridge (6'10") Marcus Camby (6'10")

C: Greg Oden (7'0") Joel Pryzbilla (7'1")

Completely forgot about Dante Cunningham, who showed a ton of promise for this season in the playoffs last season against the Suns.
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:59 PM   #13
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Myth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Orange County
Posts: 21,839
Default Re: What do you expect in return for Rudy?

^ Which just further makes Chandler unnecessary.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:51 AM   #14
blazerjimmy
High School Starter
 
blazerjimmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cheney, Washington
Posts: 839
Default Re: What do you expect in return for Rudy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
^ Which just further makes Chandler unnecessary.

And I personally don't want to send him somewhere he actually WANTS to go.....might sound like I'm being a little beeyawtchhh, but I'm tired of his whining and his trade demand!!!
blazerjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:55 PM   #15
midnight_show
I airball my layups
 
midnight_show's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 75
Default Re: What do you expect in return for Rudy?

Straight swap for Melo.
midnight_show is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:14 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy