Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-19-2011, 01:02 PM   #1
DaHeezy
College star

DaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Who's the current fastest player in the NFL?

I get different stories. I 've researched and seen Chris Johnson to have the fastest recorded time for the 40, but I've heard reports that Ginn ran it in nearly 4 flat.

My buddy says it's DeAngelo Hall hands down. Another thinks it's Michael Vick.
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:06 PM   #2
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this board
Default Re: Who's the current fastest player in the NFL?

Chris Johnson is up there no doubt. DeSean Jackson is pretty fast, I would put him right behind CJ.

Hall? Maybe a couples seasons ago.

Mike Vick is fast as hell but probably not close to Chris Johnson fast. Mike Vick looks a lot faster because he is usually being chased by 6'5" 350 lbs lineman or a 6'3" 260lbs line backer. I think he would get smoked by Jackson on a dead sprint.
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:08 PM   #3
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this board

I think Darrius Hayword-Bey in Oakland ran a 4.2-4.3, 40 yard dash a couple seasons ago, too bad he can't run proper routes. That is really fast too.
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:05 PM   #4
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Mike Wallace...
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:22 PM   #5
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
Mike Wallace...

Probably a little biased here for me but I'm going to have to agree.

Pat Williams might be up there too.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:31 PM   #6
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

the raiders draft the fastest player every draft, just go through their roster..Mcfadden, DHB, Jacoby Ford

my guess would be either DHB or Chris Johnson
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:35 PM   #7
PHX_Phan
Local High School Star

PHX_Phan is a pretty well-respected posterPHX_Phan is a pretty well-respected posterPHX_Phan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
Mike Wallace...

This and DeSean Jackson.
PHX_Phan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:39 PM   #8
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

desean jackson.
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:42 PM   #9
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeezy
I get different stories. I 've researched and seen Chris Johnson to have the fastest recorded time for the 40, but I've heard reports that Ginn ran it in nearly 4 flat.

My buddy says it's DeAngelo Hall hands down. Another thinks it's Michael Vick.

Maybe Vick six years ago
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:50 PM   #10
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'd go with Wallace or Desean. I don't even consider guys like DHB or Ginn because they have world class speed but never make plays.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:17 PM   #11
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Chris Johnson ran the fastest 40 in the history of the NFL...he should get everyone's vote, any other name is just speculation.
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:22 PM   #12
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
Chris Johnson ran the fastest 40 in the history of the NFL...he should get everyone's vote, any other name is just speculation.

Andre Igoudala's vertical was the same as JJ Redick's at the combine (iirc). Is it just speculation to say Iggy can jump higher?
Old 01-19-2011, 04:53 PM   #13
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Andre Igoudala's vertical was the same as JJ Redick's at the combine (iirc). Is it just speculation to say Iggy can jump higher?
I suppose Wallace could be faster than CJ but is there a legit reason to think so?
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:04 PM   #14
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
I suppose Wallace could be faster than CJ but is there a legit reason to think so?

Its just speculation but I don't consider one 40 time from one day the end of the conversation. They should do a race every year at the Pro Bowl lol.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:15 PM   #15
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Its just speculation but I don't consider one 40 time from one day the end of the conversation. They should do a race every year at the Pro Bowl lol.
It's true... I mean, Chris Johnson ran a 4.24 at the combine (I think) and Ted Ginn Jr. ran a 4.28 at his pro day. Does .04 seconds really mean that Johnson is going to be faster than Ginn every time out? That is a very narrow difference.

There will probably be days when Ginn runs a 4.38 (like he did at the combine) and days when CJ runs a 4.40. One 40 time on one day isn't the be-all and end-all.

They really should have an annual 40-yard dash race at the Pro Bowl with all of the fastest players. My money might be on Ginn. In fact, my money would definitely be on him in the 100-meter dash.

He was recruited to OSU, in part, by the track coach. It was a common belief that he could have made the Olympic team in the 100 if he would have devoted himself to getting there. Instead, he chose football (smart decision).

He was timed at 10.02 in the 100 during high school. That is CRAZY fast... Olympic fast. He was also the high school national champion in the 110 high hurdles... as a JUNIOR.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 01-19-2011 at 05:18 PM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: