Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-19-2011, 09:14 PM   #1
shlver
코비=GOAT

Default Where do people get the idea that theologians were always an obstruction to science?

Theologians have advanced science in many different ways and laid many basic foundations for the concept and observation of nature. Natural theology guided researchers to the fundamental question of how life works.
shlver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:07 AM   #2
Legend of Josh
Banned

Default Re: Where do people get the idea that theologians were always an obstruction to science?

Didn't read. I just felt sorry for your thread posted hours before and no one cares to read or reply so I did something about it.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:15 AM   #3
Mr. Grieves
He shoots, he bricks.

Default Re: Where do people get the idea that theologians were always an obstruction to science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
Didn't read. I just felt sorry for your thread posted hours before and no one cares to read or reply so I did something about it.

What happened to this?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=205654

Empty promises. GTFO.
Mr. Grieves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:22 AM   #4
shlver
코비=GOAT

Quote:
You wouldn't know anything about the subject to contribute anyways. People run into science threads saying shit like "LOL at religion" when they don't know things like taxonomy was created "for the glory of God" by Linnaeus.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:38 AM   #5
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shlver
You wouldn't know anything about the subject to contribute anyways. People run into science threads saying shit like "LOL at religion" when they don't know things like taxonomy was created "for the glory of God" by Linnaeus.

You're battling the "is God real or not" argument in your mind, over, and over, and over, and over, and over.....

... and over, again.

I don't even need to mind rape you. God and Satan already have. This is a good thing, because maybe in the end you'll realize God and Satan are legit battling for your soul shlver.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:43 AM   #6
shlver
코비=GOAT

Quote:
You're battling the "is God real or not" argument in your mind, over, and over, and over, and over, and over.....

... and over, again.

I don't even need to mind rape you. God and Satan already have. This is a good thing, because maybe in the end you'll realize God and Satan are legit battling for your soul shlver.
No they are not battling. You and your idiotic posts again.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:45 AM   #7
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
No they are not battling. You and your idiotic posts again.

So I'm a liar now? Are you telling me this isn't on your mind?
Old 01-20-2011, 12:47 AM   #8
shlver
코비=GOAT

Quote:
So I'm a liar now? Are you telling me this isn't on your mind?
Nope. My faith is actually stronger than yours and I know that for a fact.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:55 AM   #9
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Nope. My faith is actually stronger than yours and I know that for a fact.

Faith, in what? You don't know anything for a fact... and you using the 'I know that for a fact' screams you're offended and butt hurt. You go boi, whatever makes you feel better.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:00 AM   #10
Penny37
Local High School Star

lol you guys are ridiculous
i legit don't have any idea what it is you guys argue about. ever.
Penny37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:08 AM   #11
shlver
코비=GOAT

Quote:
Faith, in what? You don't know anything for a fact... and you using the 'I know that for a fact' screams you're offended and butt hurt. You go boi, whatever makes you feel better.
No because you lash out from your internet charades of evangelism to mind raping somebody in less than one post. You know nothing of the Christian faith, scripture, or doctrine. You think God and Satan are in a battle, when the basis of Christianity is that God has already won. If you really are a Christian, you are a young Christian with fire and an immature one at that. But your recent charades and narcissism with no signs of humility reveals that this is just a message board stunt to you. It's even enforced by the fact that you don't understand, know or interpret any scripture to support your beliefs.
How I know I have a stronger faith in God than you? Easy... I came into college pretty ignorant and on fire for God. It's been two years, and I've conceded almost every point that science conflicts with on religion. Does that mean I lost my faith in God? Nah, I still believe in God. But that's what you think, because you're ignorant of scripture. God knows we are feeble and under constant attack of demons and Satan who have far greater knowledge of scripture than us. Which brings me to the fundamental doctrine of salvation which you stubbornly won't discuss. We will continue to sin, even God says that it is foolish and arrogant to think that you can be a good person and not sin. This is a different discussion unless you want to tell me your definition of salvation, but I won't expect that any time soon.
I repeat, you don't know anything about scripture. For example, I said your posts are not Biblically based and instead of arguing the point logically and humbly, you lash out and bring up my own personal issues of faith and resort to name calling. It's pointless to have any kind of talk with you, because when you start seeing your points are ridiculous and wrong, you'll resort to claiming all kinds of shit with no relevance to the topic.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:10 AM   #12
Legend of Josh
Banned

No, it's just the OP. We all here know he recently once praised God and whatnot, but now he's on a mission to debunk God and help himself feel better in the process so he can sleep better at night.

That doesn't change things. God is still there. Just because you don't believe doesn't validate it, and vise versa... and that's the beauty of it all.

We believe in God not by force, but rather, choice. It's the grand design. He's just well beyond butt hurt and looking for whatever he can to keep his "I don't believe in God' machine running.

Old 01-20-2011, 01:11 AM   #13
shlver
코비=GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny37
lol you guys are ridiculous
i legit don't have any idea what it is you guys argue about. ever.
It's LOJ. He brings up tangential topics that have no relation to my thread.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:11 AM   #14
shlver
코비=GOAT

Quote:
No, it's just the OP. We all here know he recently once praised God and whatnot, but now he's on a mission to debunk God and help himself feel better in the process so he can sleep better at night.

That doesn't change things. God is still there. Just because you don't believe doesn't validate it, and vise versa... and that's the beauty of it all.

We believe in God not by force, but rather, choice. It's the grand design. He's just well beyond butt hurt and looking for whatever he can to keep his "I don't believe in God' machine running.

Reading comprehension fail.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:13 AM   #15
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
No because you lash out from your internet charades of evangelism to mind raping somebody in less than one post. You know nothing of the Christian faith, scripture, or doctrine. You think God and Satan are in a battle, when the basis of Christianity is that God has already won. If you really are a Christian, you are a young Christian with fire and an immature one at that. But your recent charades and narcissism with no signs of humility reveals that this is just a message board stunt to you. It's even enforced by the fact that you don't understand, know or interpret any scripture to support your beliefs.
How I know I have a stronger faith in God than you? Easy... I came into college pretty ignorant and on fire for God. It's been two years, and I've conceded almost every point that science conflicts with on religion. Does that mean I lost my faith in God? Nah, I still believe in God. But that's what you think, because you're ignorant of scripture. God knows we are feeble and under constant attack of demons and Satan who have far greater knowledge of scripture than us. Which brings me to the fundamental doctrine of salvation which you stubbornly won't discuss. We will continue to sin, even God says that it is foolish and arrogant to think that you can be a good person and not sin. This is a different discussion unless you want to tell me your definition of salvation, but I won't expect that any time soon.
I repeat, you don't know anything about scripture. For example, I said your posts are not Biblically based and instead of arguing the point logically and humbly, you lash out and bring up my own personal issues of faith and resort to name calling. It's pointless to have any kind of talk with you, because when you start seeing your points are ridiculous and wrong, you'll resort to claiming all kinds of shit with no relevance to the topic.

Clearly... and I mean, wow, clearly, you're mind-raped. This a good thing. It paints a picture to you, me, those in the heavenly realms, etc that you are emotionally open about all this.

You can always come back... all you have to do is walk in or reach up and grab our hand. You're more than welcome. Real talk.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: