Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-20-2011, 12:15 AM   #16
Ass Dan
LOL Maker, Intraweb

Ass Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Where do people get the idea that theologians were always an obstruction to science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shlver
It's LOJ. He brings up tangential topics that have no relation to my thread.

LoJ takes threads to the next level, learn to appreciate you silly Hangooker.
Ass Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:15 AM   #17
shlver
코비=GOAT

shlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Where do people get the idea that theologians were always an obstruction to science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
Clearly... and I mean, wow, clearly, you're mind-raped. This a good thing. It paints a picture to you, me, those in the heavenly realms, etc that you are emotionalky open about all this.

You can always come back... all you have to do is walk in or reach up and grab our hand. You're more than welcome. Real talk.
Claims of mindrape. Like clockwork.
shlver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:15 AM   #18
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Word of advice shlver: don't even bother arguing/debating with LOJ. He is quite possibly the most delusional poster on here and you'll never get anywhere.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:16 AM   #19
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here

wow, legend of pathetic narcissism just got ethered
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:23 AM   #20
shlver
코비=GOAT

shlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
Word of advice shlver: don't even bother arguing/debating with LOJ. He is quite possibly the most delusional poster on here and you'll never get anywhere.
He's a child that plugs his ears and continues to say the same things over and over again until the other person gives in out of frustration. That's his method of debating.
shlver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:41 AM   #21
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't think anyone says that all theologians were an obstruction to science (mendel is the first that comes to mind), but there are well known cases of oppression from religious institutions in the past. galileo being the most obvious and widely known case.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galileo_affair

the church didn't oppress all scienetific endeavours, only those which undermined their beliefs. such as heliocentrism or a spherical earth.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:41 AM   #22
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Here comes the LOJ gang bang team... but hey guess what assholes? I was atheist most of my life.

I've been in your shoes, all that jazz so you can't pull all that bullshit you normally do on others to help yourselves feel better about God or no God.

Been there, done that, more than once. It's OMG so obvious you guys are mind-raped (and in a good sense) daily, God is working in you... and so is Satan. Yet, you team up and gather in numbers to help yourselves feel better about what's eating at you all daily each and every day.

Conscience is a gift. You should be more thankful you have one. I'm not perfect... by any means. I'm not the example... but I will say all the crap you consider crap that is God and Jesus and the after life is not crap! It's the grand design. It's your choice. Man up, take a stand, and do what's right. Stop letting this world and Satan who runs it punk you like he's obviously has.

Real talk.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:51 AM   #23
Penny37
Local High School Star

Penny37 has decent reputationPenny37 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
I don't think anyone says that all theologians were an obstruction to science (mendel is the first that comes to mind), but there are well known cases of oppression from religious institutions in the past. galileo being the most obvious and widely known case.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galileo_affair

the church didn't oppress all scienetific endeavours, only those which undermined their beliefs. such as heliocentrism or a spherical earth.
Just for the record, nowhere in the Bible does it say the earth is not spherical. Not that it goes into detail about it anyways, but nothing Galileo believed in or studied undermined the Bible. The Christians at the time, yes, but not the Bible.
Penny37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:58 AM   #24
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
Here comes the LOJ gang bang team... but hey guess what assholes? I was atheist most of my life.

I've been in your shoes, all that jazz so you can't pull all that bullshit you normally do on others to help yourselves feel better about God or no God.

Been there, done that, more than once. It's OMG so obvious you guys are mind-raped (and in a good sense) daily, God is working in you... and so is Satan. Yet, you team up and gather in numbers to help yourselves feel better about what's eating at you all daily each and every day.

and most atheists were christians at some point. been there done that. it doesn't add anymore weight or credability to your arguement.

Quote:
Conscience is a gift. You should be more thankful you have one. I'm not perfect... by any means. I'm not the example... but I will say all the crap you consider crap that is God and Jesus and the after life is not crap! It's the grand design. It's your choice. Man up, take a stand, and do what's right. Stop letting this world and Satan who runs it punk you like he's obviously has.

your problem is you aren't able to come up with a cogent arguement. you just assume things and draw your conclusions from your assumption.

assumption = concsience is a gift. circular logic = therefore you should be thankful you have one --> therefore there is someone to thank --> therefore you have a choice to thank them. conclusion = therefore it's a grand design...

you never demonstrated that conscience is a gift. so everything else you say falls flat on its face.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:24 AM   #25
vinsane01
National High School Star

vinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this board

Ofcourse they are not ALWAYS a hindrance to scientific advancement. But you cant deny that they werent at certain occasions. Especially during the times that the church were being very authoritative towards what they people should and not believe.

Im not going to act like i know the history of how christians/theologians contributed to science. But i think the christian religion being predominant religion in the world makes it somewhat of an inevitability for some of its members to part of what made modern science what it is today.
vinsane01 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: