Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2011, 04:06 PM   #16
Wat_Wat__
I airball my layups
 
Wat_Wat__'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: T.Dot
Posts: 49
Default Re: Beastnani so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
Good numbers are good numbers. period.

it's not if the team isn't going any where. good numbers are good numbers to help increase his trade value so we can ship out our current 'franchise' player who's really is a good 3rd/amazing 4th option on a possible contender. we need to start a 'real' rebuild, get drafts picks and start building this team through the draft.
Wat_Wat__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:40 PM   #17
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman
 
Dr.Funk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,890
Default Re: Beastnani so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
Good numbers are good numbers. period.


No there not.

I don't expect my guards to grab 8+ RPG but I do expect my center.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:48 PM   #18
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops
 
lilbeastnani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chambs house
Posts: 3,047
Default Re: Beastnani so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
No there not.

I don't expect my guards to grab 8+ RPG but I do expect my center.
There is such a thing as an unconventional player who is able to do things others can't at their position. Bargnani is one of the most mobile 5's in the league and has more offensive variety than a lot of other players out there. Just because he doesn't do the ordinary doesn't mean he's not a solid player.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:10 PM   #19
RapsFan
Great college starter
 
RapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,659
Default Re: Beastnani so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
Good numbers are good numbers. period.


To a low basketball iq type fan, which is who MLSE primarily caters to.

It's like the PG who is a great shotblocker but can't dribble. "Good numbers are good numbers".....not so much.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:31 PM   #20
Reef
College star
 
Reef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,913
Default Re: Beastnani so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
There is such a thing as an unconventional player who is able to do things others can't at their position. Bargnani is one of the most mobile 5's in the league and has more offensive variety than a lot of other players out there. Just because he doesn't do the ordinary doesn't mean he's not a solid player.


He does one thing - hit jumpshots and when they're not falling, he's useless, like the last 3 games. Offensive variety? The guy has no post moves. He has that ugly running hook that he throws up past the free throw line because he has no strength to back his man down.
Reef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:32 PM   #21
Prodigy
Diaw Fan
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: VanCity
Posts: 1,749
Default Re: Beastnani so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
There is such a thing as an unconventional player who is able to do things others can't at their position. Bargnani is one of the most mobile 5's in the league and has more offensive variety than a lot of other players out there. Just because he doesn't do the ordinary doesn't mean he's not a solid player.
There's a reason why there's a prototypical 7 footer.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:05 PM   #22
kmart
No props needed
 
kmart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,003
Default Re: Bargnani so far!

Vs Orlando today
3-14 Fgs
11 pts
4 rebounds
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:27 PM   #23
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman
 
Dr.Funk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,890
Default Re: Bargnani so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart
Vs Orlando today
3-14 Fgs
11 pts
4 rebounds


Beastin!
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 05:55 PM   #24
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops
 
lilbeastnani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chambs house
Posts: 3,047
Default Re: Beastnani so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
To a low basketball iq type fan, which is who MLSE primarily caters to.

It's like the PG who is a great shotblocker but can't dribble. "Good numbers are good numbers".....not so much.
Just like all the people who used to hate on Rondo for not being a good midrange shooter or a pure pg, or the people who used to hate on Tony Parker for being a scoring pg rather than a distributor.... And guess what? Both of these guys are NBA champions now so the haters can't say shit anymore.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 06:24 PM   #25
Harrison_Barnes
Local High School Star
 
Harrison_Barnes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,368
Default Re: Beastnani so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
Just like all the people who used to hate on Rondo for not being a good midrange shooter or a pure pg, or the people who used to hate on Tony Parker for being a scoring pg rather than a distributor.... And guess what? Both of these guys are NBA champions now so the haters can't say shit anymore.

Both Tony Parker and Rondo make up for their weaknesses. When Bargs has a bad shooting night he is completely useless. At least Rondo can make up for his shot by getting to the rim/setting up his teammates/playing defense and rebounding. And the fact you say we can't hate on them because they won a Championship just shows that we have a reason to hate Bargs.. not only can he not win a championship.. but he can barely AFFECT THE OUTCOME OF A GAME.
Harrison_Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 06:30 PM   #26
Reef
College star
 
Reef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,913
Default Re: Beastnani so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
Just like all the people who used to hate on Rondo for not being a good midrange shooter or a pure pg, or the people who used to hate on Tony Parker for being a scoring pg rather than a distributor.... And guess what? Both of these guys are NBA champions now so the haters can't say shit anymore.

Rondo's not a pure pg?

He's averaging like 13 apg. Plus he rebounds well, plays great D.

Parker can score, pass, he's efficient, gets steals.

Bargs can hit jumpshots, and...ya, that's it.
Reef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 06:33 PM   #27
RapsFan
Great college starter
 
RapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,659
Default Re: Beastnani so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
Just like all the people who used to hate on Rondo for not being a good midrange shooter or a pure pg, or the people who used to hate on Tony Parker for being a scoring pg rather than a distributor.... And guess what? Both of these guys are NBA champions now so the haters can't say shit anymore.

This post is completely irrelevant to your argument.

Both Rondo and Parker actually play the PG role well. There are different types of PGs that can have a positive impact on the game. Having the worst rebounding 5 in nba history, and a guy who is a non factor on either end if he's not hitting jump shots is very different.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:32 PM   #28
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash
 
RaininThrees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,001
Default Re: Bargnani so far!

Andrea Bargnani in "insane mode" in NBA Jam is a pretty good player.

Not gonna lie, though. Lots of lay-ups.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:33 PM   #29
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash
 
RaininThrees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,001
Default Re: Beastnani so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
No there not.

I don't expect my guards to grab 8+ RPG but I do expect my center.

Numbers exist in a vacuum!

Don't you know that?!?

/sarcasm
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:37 PM   #30
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops
 
lilbeastnani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chambs house
Posts: 3,047
Default Re: Beastnani so far!

Quote:
This post is completely irrelevant to your argument.
How so? If you asked anyone 3 seasons ago who the prototypical pg is in this league I guarantee you they would not say Rajon Rondo. They would list Steve Nash, J-Kidd, D-Will, CP3, etc... It's very relevant, people weren't sipping Rondo's cool-aid when he first came in the league. They said: "Point guard who can't pass, can't shoot, is scared to shoot, and can't lead a team." And then he broke the mold by leading a championship team and finding ways to compensate for his weaknesses.

Quote:
Both Rondo and Parker actually play the PG role well. There are different types of PGs that can have a positive impact on the game. Having the worst rebounding 5 in nba history, and a guy who is a non factor on either end if he's not hitting jump shots is very different.
They play the PG role "well" but they aren't prototypical point guards like Nash or D-Will. That's the point. Bargnani plays "well" but he's not a prototypical center which is why you guys continue to not give him his due.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:47 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy