Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2011, 11:17 AM   #16
JBull
THE CHAMP IS HERE
 
JBull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York City - ESPN
Posts: 322
JBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Chandler Fires Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I think if Chandler left this team he would improve in rebounding... I think his rebounds are down based on where dumbtoni has him relation to felton/amare pick n roll.
yea i agree, this of ball is diff
JBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 02:51 PM   #17
New York Knicks
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,528
New York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputation
Default Re: Chandler Fires Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
WTH?

Chandler's rebounds have gone UP every season in the League.

He is getting SF rebounding numbers. Which is his best position.

Look where Chandler is

Chandler is not the blame for the teams woes.

The guy has done his job, but he is a role player.
He's playing PF so he should be in the interior more often than not. The Gallo haters on here always hate on Gallo about rebounding when he spends all his time guarding perimeter players. Chandler is guarding the opposing team's PF. There are more rebounds available for him to grab. So stop comparing him to other SFs. He plays PF.

Shawn Marion = 11rpg in this system
New York Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 06:30 PM   #18
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,694
franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Chandler Fires Agent

Actually your wrong.Amare doesnt guard the oppositions best post player. Chandler does (for some strange reason) Therefore,if you're guarding a Bosh or KG or Duncan etc, the OTHER big man would benefit from miss shots.Chandler isnt a poor rebounder either.For a majority of the season,he was right around 7 or 8 rebounds N expecting anyone to get rebounds like Shawn Marion is a stretch.Thats Marion's bread and butter.He's one of the best rebounding sf's in the last decade.As for Gallo,Im sure you'd include me in that "Gallo haters" bunch but can you honestly say anyone who criticizes Gallo for his lack of rebounding is wrong?You're making excuses for him.He's 6'10".So what he's guarding perimeter players.Maybe because he can't defend or rebound with anyone his height.And if him being on the perimeter is the reason he doesnt board,how do you explain Landry Fields? Bottom Line is Gallo is a classic Euro player.Big guy who shoots 3's.I dont think anyone here is mad that he doesnt board.I didnt expect him to when he got here.He's a finesse guy.I could care less if Gallo rebounds.I just want him to light it up from 3 and play an ounce of decent defense.Unfortunately,he isnt even automatic from 3 this year.I met a girl in college once who had a flat butt,no job and a stank attitude but she could suck the paint off a Buick.She wasnt my gf so I was cool w/ that BUT if you call me and wanna hang out....dont tell me your jaw hurts *think about it* lmao

Last edited by franchize : 01-22-2011 at 06:38 PM.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:03 PM   #19
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,234
knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Chandler Fires Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I met a girl in college once who had a flat butt,no job and a stank attitude but she could suck the paint off a Buick.She wasnt my gf so I was cool w/ that BUT if you call me and wanna hang out....dont tell me your jaw hurts *think about it* lmao


OMG!!!

Hey what's her name? JK..of course.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:08 PM   #20
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,234
knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Chandler Fires Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York Knicks
He's playing PF so he should be in the interior more often than not. The Gallo haters on here always hate on Gallo about rebounding when he spends all his time guarding perimeter players. Chandler is guarding the opposing team's PF. There are more rebounds available for him to grab. So stop comparing him to other SFs. He plays PF.

Shawn Marion = 11rpg in this system


Find Chandler and tell me what you see

Actually, I don't think I have every criticized Gallo's rebounding, maybe I should start.

I have said he is an inconsistent. And shooting is what he does best, and he ain't that great at that.

That's what I have said.

Look what line-up played the most, and the win %.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:21 PM   #21
New York Knicks
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,528
New York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputation
Default Re: Chandler Fires Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Actually your wrong.Amare doesnt guard the oppositions best post player. Chandler does (for some strange reason) Therefore,if you're guarding a Bosh or KG or Duncan etc, the OTHER big man would benefit from miss shots.Chandler isnt a poor rebounder either.For a majority of the season,he was right around 7 or 8 rebounds N expecting anyone to get rebounds like Shawn Marion is a stretch.Thats Marion's bread and butter.He's one of the best rebounding sf's in the last decade.As for Gallo,Im sure you'd include me in that "Gallo haters" bunch but can you honestly say anyone who criticizes Gallo for his lack of rebounding is wrong?You're making excuses for him.He's 6'10".So what he's guarding perimeter players.Maybe because he can't defend or rebound with anyone his height.And if him being on the perimeter is the reason he doesnt board,how do you explain Landry Fields? Bottom Line is Gallo is a classic Euro player.Big guy who shoots 3's.I dont think anyone here is mad that he doesnt board.I didnt expect him to when he got here.He's a finesse guy.I could care less if Gallo rebounds.I just want him to light it up from 3 and play an ounce of decent defense.Unfortunately,he isnt even automatic from 3 this year.I met a girl in college once who had a flat butt,no job and a stank attitude but she could suck the paint off a Buick.She wasnt my gf so I was cool w/ that BUT if you call me and wanna hang out....dont tell me your jaw hurts *think about it* lmao
And you keep making excuses for Chandler. He plays PF. Meaning CLOSER TO THE RIM. You want Gallinari to start leaving his man and chasing the ball the way Fields does? Admit it. You'll find any reason to hate on him. And we all know why. You act like Chandler's Bill Russell compared to Gallinari. He's averaging 1.9rpg (looked that up since you love stats so much) more than Gallo and he plays PF. Watch the games instead of looking at stats all day and stop making excuses for your hero. I can't even respond to the whole post cause I just got a headache trying to read it. Is there a reason you continue to type like you're 9 years old? I don't even like Gallo. But the lengths you go to overrate Chandler and bash Gallo are ridiculous and I'll continue to comment. But let's not pretend like the only reason you hate Gallo is because of "rebounding". We all know why you hate him and it has little to do with basketball.
New York Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:23 PM   #22
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,694
franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Chandler Fires Agent

Quote:


OMG!!!

Hey what's her name? JK..of course.

Won't say but I can tell you she used to live in Crown Heights by Franklin avenue.Ironically...a few blocks down the street from where my fiance' grew up. lol What she does aint for amateurs tho so be sure you can handle it. She might have you in a fetal position and suckin on your thumb afterwards wondering what just happened lol

Quote:
Find Chandler and tell me what you see

I dont know what your referring to but fomr what I see,he's most productive @ SF!
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:29 PM   #23
New York Knicks
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,528
New York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputation
Default Re: Chandler Fires Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Find Chandler and tell me what you see

Actually, I don't think I have every criticized Gallo's rebounding, maybe I should start.

I have said he is an inconsistent. And shooting is what he does best, and he ain't that great at that.

That's what I have said.

Look what line-up played the most, and the win %.
Awesome more stats. Let's completely ignore the strength of opponents, whether it's home/away, and what part of the season it was in when there was clearly chemistry problems at the beginning of the season with the entire team being brand new.

Let's use another stat:
http://www.82games.com/1011/1011NYK.HTM

According to that, Chandler's more important than Amar'e and Chandler, Turiaf, Walker, and Fields are more important than Felton. You guys need to stop using looking through statsheets and start watching the games.
New York Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:47 PM   #24
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,694
franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Chandler Fires Agent

lol You brought Gallo's rebounding up...not me.

I watch the games and when I do I see one guy consistently outplaying the other.Simple as that.

Obviously your panties are in a bunch because you think I "hate" Gallo so let me ask you this and I'll move on ....Is Danilo Gallinari better than Wilson Chandler? I say hell no but Im curious to see how you feel and why.After that, I will gladly leave your precious Gallo alone lol
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:03 PM   #25
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,234
knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Chandler Fires Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York Knicks
Awesome more stats. Let's completely ignore the strength of opponents, whether it's home/away, and what part of the season it was in when there was clearly chemistry problems at the beginning of the season with the entire team being brand new.

Let's use another stat:
http://www.82games.com/1011/1011NYK.HTM

According to that, Chandler's more important than Amar'e and Chandler, Turiaf, Walker, and Fields are more important than Felton. You guys need to stop using looking through statsheets and start watching the games.

Importance to the team doesn't mean best player.

Chandler seems to have the most importance because he is expected to do the most.

1)Guards a bigger offensive threat.
2)Play multiple positions
3)Spark the bench.

I brought out the stats because they support what I have been saying.

All you have been doing is just talking about Gallo's "handles", yet he turns it over and gets the same statistical numbers as the guy who you say can't dribble...Chandler.

I like consistency, which is the only reason I don't like Gallo.

I like Chandler because of his versatility.

Quote that from now on.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:30 PM   #26
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,694
franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Chandler Fires Agent

Let me kind of clear the air because there is an unnecessary hostility and I apologize if you (New York Knicks) feel I caused it.I DO NOT hate Gallo.I do think he's slightly overrated and I do think Chandler is underrated heres why:

1.In the areas that Chandler critics and supporters alike agree Chandler is better...he is decisively better.He's clearly a better defender and rebounder.

2.In the areas Gallo is supposed to be way better than Chandler in (all the shooting and ball handling attributes) he's not.Gallo BARELY shoots better from three than Chandler.3 point shooting was considered the weak point of Chandler's game last year.This tells me two things.Chandler took the time to work on his game (primarily his weakness) during the summer AND Gallinari isnt the 3 point specialist people glorify him to be.I mean seriously,D'Antoni said he's the best shooter he's ever seen!

3.Chandler has certainly been playing as good or better as Felton and Gallo yet you don't see his face as an option to vote for on the allstar ballot on the Knicks homepage.I think that's messed up.

Also,I have NO VENDETTA against white athletes.I think it's foolish that I even have to mention this but so be it.I'm a grown man with a daughter and job and a fiance'.I could personally care less about any NBA player.Sports is a hobby for me.A pastime.A passion but certainly doesnt effect my life.N if I was so biased and fired up about hating on white athletes,why would I do it on a basketball forum?Basketball is probably the most black dominated sport talent wise.If anything,baseball or football would upset me.So finally and for all,I DO NOT hate Gallo and I DO NOT hate white athletes.I think Gallo is overrated slightly....THATS IT! N when you read my comment about Steve Nash,I dont wanna trade for Nash ONLY because he's old enough to have gone to HS with my mom.NOT because he's white.I have no ulterior motives in debating sports other than my love for the game.I'm a sports junky who no longer clubs and is no longer single.This is my off time hobby. Discussing sports with my fellow Knicks fans and playing Madden (even tho the new one sucks).When Im not doing this Im either @ work,playing with my baby girl, tryna tackle an infinite Honey Do list or planning my wedding.So for the future,as Knickscity said in his post,Quote that from now on.

Last edited by franchize : 01-22-2011 at 08:38 PM.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:49 PM   #27
New York Knicks
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,528
New York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputation
Default Re: Chandler Fires Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Importance to the team doesn't mean best player.

Chandler seems to have the most importance because he is expected to do the most.

1)Guards a bigger offensive threat.
2)Play multiple positions
3)Spark the bench.

I brought out the stats because they support what I have been saying.

All you have been doing is just talking about Gallo's "handles", yet he turns it over and gets the same statistical numbers as the guy who you say can't dribble...Chandler.

I like consistency, which is the only reason I don't like Gallo.

I like Chandler because of his versatility.

Quote that from now on.
More stats. Try watching games.

I read this from RealGM and I feel this accurately describes Chandler's game. I couldn't have put it any better:
Quote:
1. Chandler has a ONE unique offensive skill, he can hit the contested jumpshot at a decent rate. If that jumpshot is not dropping, he brings ZERO on the offensive end. Contrary to what many on here claim, he is not a slasher. Chandler can only get to the basket if his man is closing out on him. He is rarely able to get to the rim, usually leading to his euro-step to a floater, not the most effective shot. Another thing with Will, On the play in which Gallo demanded the ball, he recognized Chandler had Westbrook in the post. Instead of backing down the smaller player, he immediately turned and shot a contested 18 footer. I mean if you're going to shoot that at least back Westbrook down a couple of feet.

That's an example of a poster that actually watches the games and not just stares at box scores.
New York Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:53 PM   #28
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,234
knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Chandler Fires Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York Knicks
More stats. Try watching games.

I read this from RealGM and I feel this accurately describes Chandler's game. I couldn't have put it any better:


That's an example of a poster that actually watches the games and not just stares at box scores.
We don't do RealGM on here guy.

Plus whoever posted that, is only talking about Chandler for that one game.

He doesn't do that every game.

I have admitted in another thread Chandler has been sucking for a few games.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:52 PM   #29
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,694
franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Chandler Fires Agent

So exactly what are YOU finding with your "expert" eyes.Last time I checked you came to a Chandler vs Gallinari argument with stats about defense and rebounding lmao.Clearly you dont watch the games OR look at the stats.N since when did stats become so useless?It isn't like they're lies.We can talk our opinions till we're blue in the face.Your always gonna like Gallo and Knickscity and I are always gonna think Chandler is better until proven otherwise.Stats simply take any bias or opinion out of it.It's like a paternity test.Gallo in the case of who's better,you ARE NOT the father lol.

N if Chandler brings ZERO on the offensive end why does he get more points than Gallo year after year?

Bottom line is you're only argument is that you think Gallo may have a higher ceiling than Chandler.As for right now though,Chandler is just simply better. He's been so for the last two years.This argument back and forth is getting old and redundant.I knew you'd keep repeating the same excuses until Chandler hit a slump.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:46 PM   #30
New York Knicks
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,528
New York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputation
Default Re: Chandler Fires Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
We don't do RealGM on here guy.

Plus whoever posted that, is only talking about Chandler for that one game.

He doesn't do that every game.

I have admitted in another thread Chandler has been sucking for a few games.
Yes, he does. That IS his game. That's not just the OKC game. If his jumpers aren't falling, you might as well stop passing him the ball cause he's not giving you shit on the offensive end.
New York Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:02 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy