Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 02-03-2011, 03:41 PM   #46
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation
Default Re: Give me something to be excited about...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jballer
Personally.

PG/SG combo - J Bayliss
SG/SF combo - D Derozan
PF - E Davis

A top 5 draft pick.

Either 2 2nd rounders (mehh not bad) or another 1st rounder in the mid 20's parleyed out of some team that needs to take on Reggie's expiring contract plus our 2nd rounder.

And cap space to boot !

(providing there is no lockout)

Don't forget we have miami's 1st rounder too.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:02 AM   #47
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Amir Johnson has been kinda beasting lately. Any game he stays out of foul trouble, he's clearly the best player on the floor for the Raptors. I'd like to see him and Ed Davis play together a bit more. That would be an alright defensive frontcourt.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:13 AM   #48
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

FCardelle has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Amir Johnson has been kinda beasting lately. Any game he stays out of foul trouble, he's clearly the best player on the floor for the Raptors. I'd like to see him and Ed Davis play together a bit more. That would be an alright defensive frontcourt.

ey, wait... you are serious!!!
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:22 PM   #49
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCardelle

Of course I am. Amir is the only player on the Raptors that is good on defense and competent on offense. On a per minute basis, he is clearly the most productive overall player on the team. The only thing that makes it arguable is that he doesn't play as much as others and that's changing over the last couple weeks.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:39 PM   #50
Himan12
On the clouds

Himan12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

I dont see whats wrong with what he stated. Bargs is a great scorer but its agreed that he would be a valuable asset coming off the bench, he is overpaid (by 3 million) but he still does bring some things to the table that would make him a very good 6th man.

I think he is faulted for a contract that he didnt earn but remember it was BC that gave him that. I dont blame him for signing it, I mean who wouldnt? Anyway Bargs is what he is, a great scorer with good man to man D, poor on the boards and no help side D. He can be a corner stone for our bench (<--- potentially making it the best bench in league). In short I have no problem with either keeping him or trading him. Even though I m leaning towards keeping him.
Himan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:45 PM   #51
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Anyway Bargs is what he is, a great scorer with good man to man D
I don't really see how you can call him a great scorer either. Not with his efficiency. He has the potential to get hot and drop 35-40 for you but then go 5-20 the next two games. Even last night when he scored 30 he still had to take 26 shots to get there. That's not someone I want to rely on for scoring. He's a solid scoring option.

Last edited by Qwyjibo : 02-05-2011 at 12:48 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:48 PM   #52
Himan12
On the clouds

Quote:
I don't really see how you can call him a great scorer either. Not with his efficiency. He has the potential to get hot an drop 35-40 for you but then go 5-20 the next two games. Even last night when he scored 30 he still had to take 26 shots to get there. That's not someone I want to rely on for scoring. He's a solid scoring option.

But you have to remember he is being labeled as the man therefore he has been given the green light to chuck, thats why he has crap efficiency. I m talking strictly in a bench player role.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:50 PM   #53
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himan12
But you have to remember he is being labeled as the man therefore he has been given the green light to chuck, thats why he has crap efficiency. I m talking strictly in a bench player role.
That I agree with. That's why I've always compared him to Jamal Crawford. I don't think any truly good team would want Crawford starting for them but as a 6th man, he's a damn good option.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:54 PM   #54
Himan12
On the clouds

Quote:
That I agree with. That's why I've always compared him to Jamal Crawford. I don't think any truly good team would want Crawford starting for them but as a 6th man, he's a damn good option.

If our starting five is solid, I think bargs would be perfect to bring in a scoring burst. I can see a 6-7th man role for bargs on a contending team. Its kinda of weird that we have the pieces needed for a great bench but are missing the starters...
Old 02-05-2011, 12:59 PM   #55
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Amir's play lately is pretty much the first and only thing that has me somewhat excited for the future when it comes to the current roster. If this guy can stay on the floor for 30 minutes per game, he will be well worth the money that was given to him. He'll never be able to create his own offense well but as long as he stays active on the offensive boards, his offensive production would be good enough to warrant a starting spot.

We'll see how the rest of the season goes for him.
Old 02-05-2011, 02:26 PM   #56
Reef
College star

Reef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Amir's the best all-around player on this team. Please don't think Chucknani's performance was impressive yesterday shooting 10-26. Anybody taking 26 shots should get 30 points easily. Amir's a MUCH better defender, rebounder and efficient offensively.

For some reason you think scoring is all that makes a player. Offense is only 50% of the game. This is why a one-dimensional player like Bargs belongs on the bench.
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 06:12 PM   #57
DeMar_DeRozan
Can barely lace up my sneakers

DeMar_DeRozan has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef
Amir's the best all-around player on this team. Please don't think Chucknani's performance was impressive yesterday shooting 10-26. Anybody taking 26 shots should get 30 points easily. Amir's a MUCH better defender, rebounder and efficient offensively.

For some reason you think scoring is all that makes a player. Offense is only 50% of the game. This is why a one-dimensional player like Bargs belongs on the bench.

Yeahh.. Bargs had 30 points big whoop. He took 26 shots (7 threes) .. and had 8 free throws. DeMar had the more impressive game.. shot 10-13 (76.9%) and impacted the floor on defense with 3 steals and 1 block.
DeMar_DeRozan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:04 PM   #58
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himan12
If our starting five is solid, I think bargs would be perfect to bring in a scoring burst. I can see a 6-7th man role for bargs on a contending team. Its kinda of weird that we have the pieces needed for a great bench but are missing the starters...
Yeah.. the problem is that he and Calderon are the top paid players on our team so we aren't even in a position to be able to just go out and grab an entire starting 5 and making him our 6th man. We might get lucky and be able to get a big time impact player from the draft. Then we'd have enough cap space for probably 1 big signing, and even that is no guarantee. But other than that we're in such a position where it's like trade them or keep them at that role, there's no other option. Jay Triano is never gonna bench Bargnani and BC is never gonna trade him so we're at a stalemate.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 06:04 PM   #59
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart
I think since Bargs is too stupid to ever go on help side 0 for him. Twice on Amir cause he a pylon compared to Griffin, but whats Triano gonna do? Put Bargs on him? Also once on Davis too.
We're about to see how close you are with this prediction. I'm actually excited! For the first time in months I may watch a full raptors game beginning to end just to see the Blake show!
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: