Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-21-2011, 02:18 PM   #1
MightyWhitey
Local High School Star

MightyWhitey has decent reputationMightyWhitey has decent reputation
Default Chandler benched, Turiaf to Start

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/knicks...mjKhH fGkvjNM

12:47 PM, January 21, 2011 ι By MARC BERMAN
SAN ANTONIO -- Faced with a four-game losing streak, Mike D'Antoni is reverting to his old Knicks starting lineup, benching Wilson Chandler, putting Ronny Turiaf back in as the starting center, allowing Amar'e Stoudemire to move back to his starting-power-forward slot.

The moves comes two days after Stoudemire said he "hates'' being referred to as a center. Chandler also has looked worn down, on both ends, playing lazier defense than he has in the past. Chandler thrived as a sixth man in November and the club did well with that starting five for a section of their 13-1 spree.

The Knicks face the Spurs at the AT&T Center with San Antonio looking for revenge from its Garden loss earlier this month.

"We want to play a little bit bigger,'' D'Antoni said. "It was a good lineup for us. It changes things up a bit. Things haven't been going stellarly and the first-quarter defense hasn't been good. We'll see if this works.''

D'Antoni said he hopes to stick with this for a while. Stoudemire claimed he had no input on the decision. In Houston, Stoudemire said he is a forward and it's the most he's played center in his career. Stoudemire is starting to wear down, perhaps because of being overmatched physically at center on the defensive end.

D'Antoni could have pulled Danilo Gallinari from the lineup for Turiaf but the coach apparently was afraid to shake the Italian Stallion's confidence.

"A lot of reasons, a lot of discussions,'' D'Antoni said. "I don't want to play it out in the papers.

"Wilson has come off the bench. It hasn't affected him. You don't know if it will affect the other guys. Also Wilson comes in with a lot of firepower. And the biggest reason is it worked before and looked like everyone was OK with it.''

Stoudemire sported new black goggles at the morning shootaround. Stoudemire said Nike made him new ones because the old goggles were falling off twice a game. He said it's not a fashion statement. ... Though Stoudemire is a big Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan, he will be pulling hard for the Jets on Sunday. He just did a commercial with Darrelle Revis and is friends with a few of the Jets players.
MightyWhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:34 PM   #2
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Chandler benched, Turiaf to Start

I think the coach kept hearing Stat say he was a forward.

Looks pretty stupid putting the best player on the team out of position.

But then again, D'antoni has found new ways to master that.

Chandler needs to be the sixth man, he can help relieve three different positions each game.

Plus the output won't change whether he starts or not.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:41 PM   #3
New York Knicks
Banned

New York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputation

Meh, TBH, Chandler should be in the starting lineup because he can't create his own shot. He fits better there because he can just catch and shoot or get those leak-outs for dunks on the break. Gallo should be brought off the bench because he can create shots. When it's Chandler + Douglas and the rest of the bench, that's when we see that absurd "hot potato" basketball. Everyone just passes the ball around on the perimeter with nobody getting in the paint. Then when there's 3 seconds left on the shot clock someone hoists a contested 3.
New York Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:47 PM   #4
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Ridiculous

If it was up to D'antoni we'd have 4 Gallos and one Steve Nash.PRingles is clueless. I'm convinced.He's an idiot.Good luck tryna sign Chandler now.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:52 PM   #5
New York Knicks
Banned

New York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize

Ridiculous

If it was up to D'antoni we'd have 4 Gallos and one Steve Nash.PRingles is clueless. I'm convinced.He's an idiot.Good luck tryna sign Chandler now.
And if it was up to you we'd have 4 Chandlers and one Felton.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:12 PM   #6
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Chandler was doing great as the sixth man earlier in the season, so this could be good for the team. I agree they should try Gallo off the bench, and really let him control the ball. Kind of like a point forward.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:15 PM   #7
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York Knicks
I see the humor in this.

Which would you rather have.....

4 Gallo's
or.......

4 Chandler's

with Felton as the PG?

I might make a mini thread with this one.

I'm taking the four Chandler's.

They won't have to dribble, just get the ally-oop!!!!!

Last edited by knickscity : 01-21-2011 at 03:19 PM.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:16 PM   #8
jebron-i
I hit open layups

jebron-i has decent reputationjebron-i has decent reputation

gallo off the bench would work out better for him = more touches.
jebron-i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:00 PM   #9
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Snoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This is a joke, D'Antoni is unbelievably dumb. Gallinari is the most overrated player on the roster, he's the number one choice to trade for Anthony....
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:05 PM   #10
jebron-i
I hit open layups

jebron-i has decent reputationjebron-i has decent reputation

anyone know the most recent allstar tally's?
jebron-i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:28 PM   #11
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Here we go again

And with 4 Chandler's and a Felton my team would beat the Gallos.Once the Gallos miss one three....it's over because he doesn't rebound and he can't play D.If you can't see D'Antoni is in love with Gallo no matter how many times he gets outplayed by Chandler then so be it.Call me what you will @ this point.

Quote:
gallo off the bench would work out better for him = more touches.

It'll never happen.Mike D'Antoni is in love with him.The media is in love with him. Why do you think he's on the home page being promoted to make the allstar team and not Chandler despite being our 4th best player?He's as much or more of an attraction than he is a talent.It is what it is though.I'm just gonna sit back,relax and hope we get Melo.Until then....GO JETS!!! lol
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:36 PM   #12
New York Knicks
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
I see the humor in this.

Which would you rather have.....

4 Gallo's
or.......

4 Chandler's

with Felton as the PG?

I might make a mini thread with this one.

I'm taking the four Chandler's.

They won't have to dribble, just get the ally-oop!!!!!
All the Gallo's have to do is stand there and hit open threes from Nash. Having Felton as your PG requires the other players to handle the ball.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:39 PM   #13
New York Knicks
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Here we go again

And with 4 Chandler's and a Felton my team would beat the Gallos.Once the Gallos miss one three....it's over because he doesn't rebound and he can't play D.If you can't see D'Antoni is in love with Gallo no matter how many times he gets outplayed by Chandler then so be it.Call me what you will @ this point.

It'll never happen.Mike D'Antoni is in love with him.The media is in love with him. Why do you think he's on the home page being promoted to make the allstar team and not Chandler despite being our 4th best player?He's as much or more of an attraction than he is a talent.It is what it is though.I'm just gonna sit back,relax and hope we get Melo.Until then....GO JETS!!! lol
As if Chandler himself is a good rebounder. He's an awful rebounder too.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:41 PM   #14
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Well, Chandler was a no-show tonight. Back to the starting line-up?
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:41 PM   #15
New York Knicks
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Well, Chandler was a no-show tonight. Back to the starting line-up?
I assumed Turiaf was just inserted in to guard Duncan. Chandler playing with the bench is no good since he needs somebody to create a shot for him. He actually fits well in the starting lineup as a guy that just cuts for layups or spots up at the 3-point line for jumpers. Gallo should come off the bench since he can actually create his own shot. He was getting to the paint at will tonight but was missing some layups and short jumpers. He's gotta work on his upper body strength. Sometimes it looks like even the ball's too heavy for him.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: