Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-21-2011, 11:42 PM   #16
bluechox2
#knickstape

Default Re: Chandler benched, Turiaf to Start

turiaf played well
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:12 AM   #17
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York Knicks
I assumed Turiaf was just inserted in to guard Duncan. Chandler playing with the bench is no good since he needs somebody to create a shot for him. He actually fits well in the starting lineup as a guy that just cuts for layups or spots up at the 3-point line for jumpers. Gallo should come off the bench since he can actually create his own shot. He was getting to the paint at will tonight but was missing some layups and short jumpers. He's gotta work on his upper body strength. Sometimes it looks like even the ball's too heavy for him.
He's been missing a lot down low since he's come back. I think his knee's still bothering him. It's possible he just doesn't trust it yet. He was very aggressive though, and his D wasn't bad. He might be great as a focal point off the bench.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:45 AM   #18
New York Knicks
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
He's been missing a lot down low since he's come back. I think his knee's still bothering him. It's possible he just doesn't trust it yet. He was very aggressive though, and his D wasn't bad. He might be great as a focal point off the bench.
Yeah, I mean, it's so pointless to have another player that can create off-the-dribble in the starting lineup when Felton and Amar'e have the ball all the time. And clearly the Felton/Amare offense just doesn't work that well. Even during the win streak, it's not like they got great shots. The shots were just falling. Good teams get good shots. Sometimes they fall, sometimes they don't. But they always good shots. The Knicks NEVER get good shots. All season long, the games we won are because the bad shots went down. But they weren't good shots to begin with. Amar'e might go a few games where he's scorching hot from the top of the key, but even then that's not how he should be used. He's a big man. It's time he played like one. TBH, tonight, the team played better when Amar'e was on the bench. He's gotta get keep his ego in check. I know Felton's awful as a PG, but Amar'e calling for the ball all the time isn't helping. He should know his place. I mean how silly would it be if Dwight Howard started running up to Jameer Nelson calling for the ball at the 3-point line so he could barrel into four players like he's LeBron James?
New York Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:19 AM   #19
JBull
THE CHAMP IS HERE

turiaf is sick yall
JBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 06:09 PM   #20
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
As if Chandler himself is a good rebounder. He's an awful rebounder too.

He was getting almost 7 a game for most of the year to Gallos for despite having to guard the opposing teams best post player every night AND being 2 inches shorter AND having to come off the bench some games.

Anyway.We need a penetrate and dish pg here.Im kinda exasperated with Felton at this point.Unlike some,I always thought he was a middle of the road guy BUT I thought that would be enough to get it done.I never knew however that he could be such a bone head and wild with the ball.I would love to try and bait Orlando into a Nelson for Felton deal.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:29 PM   #21
The Ownage
Local High School Star

Can we please fire D'Antoni by the end of the season
The Ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:36 PM   #22
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
He was getting almost 7 a game for most of the year to Gallos for despite having to guard the opposing teams best post player every night AND being 2 inches shorter AND having to come off the bench some games.

Anyway.We need a penetrate and dish pg here.Im kinda exasperated with Felton at this point.Unlike some,I always thought he was a middle of the road guy BUT I thought that would be enough to get it done.I never knew however that he could be such a bone head and wild with the ball.I would love to try and bait Orlando into a Nelson for Felton deal.
Ew, Jesus, no. A chucker who doesn't pay any D and can't even make a decent pass to the best big man in the game. Nelson is the biggest problem on the Magic - they're a million times better when Turkoglu does the ball handling and playmaking.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:38 PM   #23
New York Knicks
Banned

Quote:
That's why it's called an average, genius. Kobe averaged 60ppg for a week, but do we expect him to do that for a season? Common sense, please. And Chandler has gotten routinely demolished by the opposing team's post player. So let's not use that as a reason. There are less rebounds available because Chandler keeps letting them score. And he didn't guard Duncan last night. Turiaf guarded Duncan. And when he was out, Amar'e or Shawne Williams was on Duncan. Chandler spent most of the night guarding 6'7 Blair, who put up 18pts 13rbs 4stls 3blks on 67% shooting. Brilliant game by Chandler. Bravo.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:42 PM   #24
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

I couldnt disagree more.If you saw last years series they were best when Nelson was penetrating and dishing.Orlando's problem is Stan Van Gundy can't coach offense.He can't seem to figure out that Dwight Howard isnt a guy you can consistently pass it to down low against teams like Boston and just get out the way.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:47 PM   #25
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
I couldnt disagree more.If you saw last years series they were best when Nelson was penetrating and dishing.Orlando's problem is Stan Van Gundy can't coach offense.He can't seem to figure out that Dwight Howard isnt a guy you can consistently pass it to down low against teams like Boston and just get out the way.
You seem to have a fascination with guys who were probably really great playground ballers. Nelson's just another chucker who's two short to actually pay SG. The concept of a post entry pass completely eludes him. When he was out a couple of seasons ago, Rafer Aston stepped in and helped them get all the way to the Finals (btw, there's a guy who wouldn't be bad for the Knicks right now - when "Skip" actually plays PG, he's solid).

Jameer's not a good PG. He's about as inept offensively as Felton, but with far worse D.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:49 PM   #26
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

D'Antoni's starting Chandler tonight, incidentally. Says he matches up better with Jeff Greene (who also is pretty much a SF playing out of position).
Old 01-22-2011, 08:10 PM   #27
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
That's why it's called an average, genius. Kobe averaged 60ppg for a week, but do we expect him to do that for a season? Common sense, please. And Chandler has gotten routinely demolished by the opposing team's post player. So let's not use that as a reason. There are less rebounds available because Chandler keeps letting them score. And he didn't guard Duncan last night. Turiaf guarded Duncan. And when he was out, Amar'e or Shawne Williams was on Duncan. Chandler spent most of the night guarding 6'7 Blair, who put up 18pts 13rbs 4stls 3blks on 67% shooting. Brilliant game by Chandler. Bravo.

Yea and Chandler AVERAGES more than your boyfriend GENIUS so what was your point again?Whether you take individual games,averages or whatever the fact is always going to remain...Gallo does ONE THING distinctly better than Chandler and that's free throw shooting.Give it up lmao Chandler is simply better.

As for your Dejuan Blair comment.Dejaun Blair is 270 lbs and used to play Center in college.Thats like saying Durant sucks if he couldnt guard Barkely. Cmon with the common sense stuff cuz clearly it's not so common to you. You try and boost your little Gallo vs argument by talkin about Chandler's rebounding and defense.Cmon dude. If I'm arguing who's a better boxer between Pacquiao and Mayweather,I'm not going to criticize Pacquiao's lack of punching power lol Bottom line is I readily admit Chandler is in a slump.As is the whole team BUT to harp on his rebounding and defense is ridiculous. For the majority of the year EVERYONE on this forum would agree Chandler and Fields were our most consistent defenders and rebounders....even more than Amare.As for his numbers,having a few bad rebounding games affects your rebounding averages way more than with points.THATS COMMON SENSE! And you can argue whether Chandler is a good or bad defender.You can bring up your points and I can show you stats (which you think are the devil lol) where he's only 6'8" and should be playing sf but gets almost a block and a half a game.But theres no stats,video,or anything that would back up Gallinari being a better defender or rebounder.So since this is obviously where all this anger is coming from (the Gallo vs Chandler debate) why are you even bringing defense and rebounding into it?

Quote:
You seem to have a fascination with guys who were probably really great playground ballers. Nelson's just another chucker who's two short to actually pay SG. The concept of a post entry pass completely eludes him. When he was out a couple of seasons ago, Rafer Aston stepped in and helped them get all the way to the Finals (btw, there's a guy who wouldn't be bad for the Knicks right now - when "Skip" actually plays PG, he's solid).

Jameer's not a good PG. He's about as inept offensively as Felton, but with far worse D.

Not really.I just like guys who can penetrate and dish.I guess thats why I never understood how ppl could think Marbury sucked.But hey,we can agree to disagree cuz itll never happen anyway.Felton will be our PG for the future unless we luck up and get a good one in the draft or Chris Paul signs here.I will say I'd rather have Felton than throw young talent @ PHX in hopes of getting Nash.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:57 PM   #28
New York Knicks
Banned

Quote:
Yea and Chandler AVERAGES more than your boyfriend GENIUS so what was your point again?Whether you take individual games,averages or whatever the fact is always going to remain...Gallo does ONE THING distinctly better than Chandler and that's free throw shooting.Give it up lmao Chandler is simply better.
This is an example of an idiot that stares at box scores and doesn't watch games at all. Let's take the last game as an example. Gallinari guarded Durant nearly the whole game, chasing him around. Now Durant, normally averages 20+ shots every game. How can you expect the guy guarding him to both CONTEST shots 20+ feet away AND run to the rim and grab rebounds? He's not Sonic the Hedgehog. And BTW, I don't even like Gallo and booed him at the draft when he was selected. I just want to make it clear how overrated Chandler is. Funny comment though even though it's more applicable to you about Chandler considering how aggressively you defend him.

Also, is it so hard to put spaces after punctuations? Did you flunk out of the 4th grade or something?

Last edited by New York Knicks : 01-23-2011 at 06:15 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:27 PM   #29
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Chandler has definitely been MIA the last few games. I think it's been understated just how much all this trade/Carmelo uncertainty is affecting these guys.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:45 PM   #30
New York Knicks
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Chandler has definitely been MIA the last few games. I think it's been understated just how much all this trade/Carmelo uncertainty is affecting these guys.
But it's not like Gallinari and Fields aren't being mentioned. Why is it just Chandler that disappeared? This is Chandler's average for the last 3 games:

7ppg
10 FGA/gm
29% FG
11% 3PT
1 FTA/gm

Like I've said, almost every shot Chandler takes is a bad shot unless he's spotting up (and even then sometimes it's a bad shot) or cutting for layups. He'll take a jumper whether there's a hand in his face or not unless the lane is absolutely wide open cause he's afraid he'll turn it over. When Chandler's not shooting well he has nothing to fall back on offensively because he doesn't get to the line. I know the two biggest Chandler supporters, knickscity and franchize, love stats so here's a nice one for you.

TS%

Quote:
True shooting percentage is a measure of shooting efficiency that takes into account field goals, 3-point field goals, and free throws.

Fields: 61.0%
Gallinari: 60.3%
Amar'e: 56.2%
Chandler: 55.8%
Felton : 52.9%

USG%

Quote:
Usage percentage is an estimate of the percentage of team plays used by a player while he was on the floor.

Amar'e: 31.6%
Felton: 22.8%
Chandler: 20.8%
Gallinari: 17.7%
Fields: 13.2%
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: