Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-23-2011, 07:24 PM   #31
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Chandler benched, Turiaf to Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York Knicks
This is an example of an idiot that stares at box scores and doesn't watch games at all. Let's take the last game as an example. Gallinari guarded Durant nearly the whole game, chasing him around. Now Durant, normally averages 20+ shots every game. How can you expect the guy guarding him to both CONTEST shots 20+ feet away AND run to the rim and grab rebounds? He's not Sonic the Hedgehog. And BTW, I don't even like Gallo and booed him at the draft when he was selected. I just want to make it clear how overrated Chandler is. Funny comment though even though it's more applicable to you about Chandler considering how aggressively you defend him.

Also, is it so hard to put spaces after punctuations? Did you flunk out of the 4th grade or something?

Alright guy, if you need to argue I'm all for that.

But under no circumstance are you to disrespect other posters.

Serve this as warning.

Now back to the thread.

The is only one star on this team.

That is Amar'e.

None of the other players have proven anything.

They are all role players...that includes Chandler and Gallo.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:43 PM   #32
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
But it's not like Gallinari and Fields aren't being mentioned. Why is it just Chandler that disappeared? This is Chandler's average for the last 3 games:

7ppg
10 FGA/gm
29% FG
11% 3PT
1 FTA/gm

Like I've said, almost every shot Chandler takes is a bad shot unless he's spotting up (and even then sometimes it's a bad shot) or cutting for layups. He'll take a jumper whether there's a hand in his face or not unless the lane is absolutely wide open cause he's afraid he'll turn it over. When Chandler's not shooting well he has nothing to fall back on offensively because he doesn't get to the line. I know the two biggest Chandler supporters, knickscity and franchize, love stats so here's a nice one for you.

TS%

Fields: 61.0%
Gallinari: 60.3%
Amar'e: 56.2%
Chandler: 55.8%
Felton : 52.9%

USG%

Amar'e: 31.6%
Felton: 22.8%
Chandler: 20.8%
Gallinari: 17.7%
Fields: 13.2%

To New York Knicks

From watching the play heres my view. Chandler does not take many bad shots. Chandler is good for some exciting lay-ups, open mid ranged jump shots and the occasional 3 pointer when he's open. I've never known Chandler to be a guy who chucks. You can argue that he'll take a mid-ranged jumper while he's gaurded, but thats the best part of his game so he has some justification. It's not like he's taking 3's with a hand in his face.

You're talking about Chandler like he's Al Harrington.

To Franchize

I'm not going to lie, D'Antoni does seem to favour Gallo, BUT you can't disregard some of the facts. Chandler is ideal off the bench because he can come in at the 2, 3 or 4 and still score 20. He's more versatile than Gallinari. Also, Gallinari is favorable as a starter because when he's in with Amar'e teams can't just hang around on the inside waiting for the pass to Amar'e or drive from Felton. They have to have someone watch Gallo on the out side because he is known as a good 3 point shooter. Gallo makes Amare's job easier. By the way, D'antoni can't possibly love Gallo that much because everytime Gallo gets hot they completly stop going to him for the rest of the game. Not even the rest of the game, the rest of the week. The kid will have 8 first quarter points and then won't get a pass for the next 36 minutes.

If you start Felton Chandler and Amar'e who's gonna spread the floor?

Last edited by Bano114 : 01-23-2011 at 07:46 PM.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:47 PM   #33
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
But it's not like Gallinari and Fields aren't being mentioned. Why is it just Chandler that disappeared? This is Chandler's average for the last 3 games:

7ppg
10 FGA/gm
29% FG
11% 3PT
1 FTA/gm

Like I've said, almost every shot Chandler takes is a bad shot unless he's spotting up (and even then sometimes it's a bad shot) or cutting for layups. He'll take a jumper whether there's a hand in his face or not unless the lane is absolutely wide open cause he's afraid he'll turn it over. When Chandler's not shooting well he has nothing to fall back on offensively because he doesn't get to the line. I know the two biggest Chandler supporters, knickscity and franchize, love stats so here's a nice one for you.

TS%

Fields: 61.0%
Gallinari: 60.3%
Amar'e: 56.2%
Chandler: 55.8%
Felton : 52.9%

USG%

Amar'e: 31.6%
Felton: 22.8%
Chandler: 20.8%
Gallinari: 17.7%
Fields: 13.2%
Come on guy. If TS% meant anything, the Knicks would be better instead of an average team full of average players.

I will say this in response to every post you make from now.

Gallo is the worst shooting starter on the team, and the most inconsistent on offense.

I gave him praise last game, but of course you would ignore that.

I don't like Gallo's inconsistency.

That is all I complain about.

Why can't you understand that?

I like players who play defense, period.

On offense only elite scorers get a nod from me.

That's why I would trade everyone except Amar'e for Melo.

Players like Gallo don't help teams win championships.

Chandler is a role player.

How many times does this have to be said?
Old 01-23-2011, 07:56 PM   #34
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
To New York Knicks

From watching the play heres my view. Chandler does not take many bad shots. Chandler is good for some exciting lay-ups, open mid ranged jump shots and the occasional 3 pointer when he's open. I've never known Chandler to be a guy who chucks. You can argue that he'll take a mid-ranged jumper while he's gaurded, but thats the best part of his game so he has some justification. It's not like he's taking 3's with a hand in his face.

You're talking about Chandler like he's Al Harrington.

To Franchize

I'm not going to lie, D'Antoni does seem to favour Gallo, BUT you can't disregard some of the facts. Chandler is ideal off the bench because he can come in at the 2, 3 or 4 and still score 20. He's more versatile than Gallinari. Also, Gallinari is favorable as a starter because when he's in with Amar'e teams can't just hang around on the inside waiting for the pass to Amar'e or drive from Felton. They have to have someone watch Gallo on the out side because he is known as a good 3 point shooter. Gallo makes Amare's job easier. By the way, D'antoni can't possibly love Gallo that much because everytime Gallo gets hot they completly stop going to him for the rest of the game. Not even the rest of the game, the rest of the week. The kid will have 8 first quarter points and then won't get a pass for the next 36 minutes.

If you start Felton Chandler and Amar'e who's gonna spread the floor?
They do do that a lot. It seemed like Felton didn't pass it to Gallo for the entire second half of the Thunder loss.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:00 PM   #35
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
They do do that a lot. It seemed like Felton didn't pass it to Gallo for the entire second half of the Thunder loss.
Did you happen to hear what he said in post game?

"I only trusts myself in closing games".

He really gets into the mode where he doesn't look for anyone, but himself.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:09 PM   #36
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Did you happen to hear what he said in post game?

"I only trusts myself in closing games".

He really gets into the mode where he doesn't look for anyone, but himself.
Well, there you go.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:14 PM   #37
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

he shouldnt have the ball in his hand
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:52 PM   #38
New York Knicks
Banned

New York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Come on guy. If TS% meant anything, the Knicks would be better instead of an average team full of average players.

I will say this in response to every post you make from now.

Gallo is the worst shooting starter on the team, and the most inconsistent on offense.

I gave him praise last game, but of course you would ignore that.

I don't like Gallo's inconsistency.

That is all I complain about.

Why can't you understand that?

I like players who play defense, period.

On offense only elite scorers get a nod from me.

That's why I would trade everyone except Amar'e for Melo.

Players like Gallo don't help teams win championships.

Chandler is a role player.

How many times does this have to be said?
So you can bring in statistics from places like 82games.com to support your lover, but I can't present advanced statistics to prove MY point? You know the same site you used to claim that the Knicks have a better record with Chandler also says we're 17-10 with Douglas and no Felton right? You bums are ridiculous. You use all kind of stats but I can't. Lol. Just rename this forum to InsideChandler.com.
New York Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:54 PM   #39
New York Knicks
Banned

New York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Alright guy, if you need to argue I'm all for that.

But under no circumstance are you to disrespect other posters.

Serve this as warning.

Now back to the thread.

The is only one star on this team.

That is Amar'e.

None of the other players have proven anything.

They are all role players...that includes Chandler and Gallo.
Lol. As if I haven't been attacked myself. But you gladly overlook it if the poster defenders your idol.

And I haven't said Gallo's a star. But you guys put him down like he's a bum compared to Chandler. If Gallo's a bum, so is Chandler. End of story.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:01 PM   #40
New York Knicks
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
To New York Knicks

I'm not saying he's a chucker. I'm saying his offensive game is limited so he HAS to take contested shots as opposed to someone like Gallinari who has shown he can get to the rim and draw fouls. I can't understand how anyone can favor Chandler on the offensive end when he's pretty much a catch and shoot player. He drives if the lane is absolutely wide open or his man has ran past him, but other than that, he'll rarely drive. He can't create scoring opportunities. He needs scoring opportunities created FOR him. Chandler plays over 34 mpg, takes 14 FGA/gm, and averages a paltry 2.6 FTA/gm despite playing PF where he SHOULD have some kind of quickness advantage over his man. But because his ballhandling is so awful, he can never get by even the slowest of big guys. The problem with Chandler on the offensive end is if his shot isn't falling, you can pretty much write him up as a no-show cause he won't offer you anything else on that end. But when Gallinari is cold he can drive to the rim and get to the line to get himself going. Gallinari plays 34 mpg, takes 10 FGA/gm and takes 5.6 FTA/gm. He takes double the free throws Chandler takes.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:02 PM   #41
New York Knicks
Banned

And stop with the "Chandler is consistent but Gallo isn't" BS. They're both inconsistent. People are trying to eat at my credibility by saying I think Gallo is an All-Star when I have never ever said that. They're both role players.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:08 PM   #42
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
And stop with the "Chandler is consistent but Gallo isn't" BS. They're both inconsistent. People are trying to eat at my credibility by saying I think Gallo is an All-Star when I have never ever said that. They're both role players.

Which is why I would be willing to give them both up for Melo.

Fields/Chandler/Gallo - Denver, you can have 2 out of 3. Take your pick.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:17 PM   #43
New York Knicks
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Which is why I would be willing to give them both up for Melo.

Fields/Chandler/Gallo - Denver, you can have 2 out of 3. Take your pick.
As would I. Without hesitation. I'd probably even be willing to offer all 3 if I knew we couldn't get him in the off-season. The last thing we need is another decade of heartache having one star and a team of role players. And our current star isn't even as good as Ewing.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:25 PM   #44
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
As would I. Without hesitation. I'd probably even be willing to offer all 3 if I knew we couldn't get him in the off-season. The last thing we need is another decade of heartache having one star and a team of role players. And our current star isn't even as good as Ewing.

For me to give up all 3, they would have to throw in Nene. Obviously we would probably have to trade AR for a 1 pick too, as well as move some other pieces.

Amare/Melo/Nene would be an awesome front court. Once Felton's contract is up, and if we still have cap room, we can give CP3 a call in 2012.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:33 PM   #45
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Felton said that? he's got some nerve if he did.I'd much rather see Gallo with the ball in crunch time than him.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: