Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-22-2011, 04:28 PM   #16
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: No one on this Knicks team understands...

knicks need a chris paul upgrade....walsh, do it.
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:32 PM   #17
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

How about Deron Williams? He seems a bit disgruntled out there in Utah...

:)
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:32 PM   #18
New York Knicks
Banned

New York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
I agree. Amare Stoudamire is becoming a black hole out there.. Once he gets the ball it's totally gone, he needs to play a little more conservative.
The thing is. His whole career, his job was to shoot or dunk once he got the ball. That's what the coach expected from him. Well, that's fine when Steve Nash gets you wide open shots and easy dunks. Unfortunately, we don't have Steve Nash.
New York Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 06:22 PM   #19
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I agree. Amare Stoudamire is becoming a black hole out there.. Once he gets the ball it's totally gone, he needs to play a little more conservative.

Cuz we suck.I mean seriously,not record wise but cmon.Raymond Felton and Wilson Chandler should not be your 2nd and 3rd best players.

Quote:
How about Deron Williams? He seems a bit disgruntled out there in Utah...

Good luck with that.The chances of Jerry Sloan letting the closest he's gonna get to John Stockton returning are very slim.Paul isn't as improbable though. I've seen first hand up close that he isn't happy in NO and he's already put pressure on NO's front office in the past.It would take alot of maneuvering but it isn't impossible.You know what,I bet if he came here,there wouldn't be an extension from Melo! If I were Walsh,I'd tie up Denver's phone lines until the trade deadline tryna get Melo and if it doesnt work,I'd try and get Paul on the last day lmao
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 06:50 PM   #20
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York Knicks
The thing is. His whole career, his job was to shoot or dunk once he got the ball. That's what the coach expected from him. Well, that's fine when Steve Nash gets you wide open shots and easy dunks. Unfortunately, we don't have Steve Nash.
Come on dude.

Watching Amar'e his whole career he has developed and adjusted his game.

He is a PF, and scoring is his strength and he is number 1 in scoring in his PF position.

9 rebounds are good for his position, not great, but good.

I wonder why 5 of the top 10 Rebounding PF's are on teams with losing records.

Probably because their teams can't hit the ocean, resulting in a hell of alot more.......REBOUNDS.

7 out of top 10 offensive rebounds PF's are on teams with losing records.

See the trend.

Amar'e has admitted that only one coach ever tried to teach him defense and it wasn't D'antoni, it was Gentry.

With this weak supporting cast I don't blame Amar'e barreling over folks.

Who else he got?

Chuck shot, broken-play-assist-man.....Felton?

All-star-everyone-wish-he-was..... Gallo

Mr. I'm-gotta-play-everywhere-on-the-court-and-rotation- because-my-coach-don't-know-I'm-a-SF too-Chandler?

How about...Mr., "I'm not a shooting guard", but I'm going to do the best I can, although I am a SF too"..Fields

Or maybe, "oooo......my neck, my back, my knee, my peck"....Turiaf.

No point of Amar'e being on the floor with Walker and Shawn Williams....the letting it fly no matter what.

And that's the rotation.

I'd rather see Amar'e get 5 offensive fouls, than to pass to someone who ain't hittin' shit.

Amar'e was brought here to be the main offensive weapon.

The team was to be built to make it easier for him to score.

But to win the game he needs help, consistent scoring help, and a player who can handle the ball and give it to him in the right spots.

What is Amar'e gonna do with the ball 20 feet from the rim?

Yet that's where he gets it, why?

Because......

1)PG can't break down the defense.
2)Wings can't hit a consistent shot, which doesn't stretch the defense, so defense collapses on Amar'e..
3)Teams have figured out the Knicks

Teams dare us to shoot from outside.

Watch the game tonight and see what I mean.

And yeah it's official.

I would trade everybody on the team not named Amar'e and would take back Harrington to get Melo in a Knicks Jersey....TODAY.

As much as folks think Gallo will be an all-star even though nothing shows it, I think Fields will be the next Pippen.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:34 AM   #21
PassTheRock
I airball my layups

PassTheRock has an OK reputation so far

knickscity i like your descriptions of the players... as funny as it was, it was depressing when it sunk in that it was all true.
PassTheRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:07 AM   #22
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheRock
knickscity i like your descriptions of the players... as funny as it was, it was depressing when it sunk in that it was all true.
Well it's true. We all may have hope and dreams for these guys.

But they are all role players and quite a few have over-achieved due to the fact they aren't even being utilized properly.

Which is why I have yet to understand why any one would seriously hold a player back from a trade to get Melo.

His normal production alone equals 2-3 of our starting lineup.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:21 AM   #23
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Mark my words....Landry Fields will meet the same fate as Wilson Chandler if he doesn't get traded! He plays too much defense and rebounds too well.Eventually, D'Antoni will get pissed that he plays smart and doesn't hoist up threes,he'll wait for him to hit a slump and then off to the bench he goes.

As for Amare,sure he's not perfect but neither is Halle Berry.Are you gonna treat her like Eric Benet did or marvel over how good a woman she is like every other man on this planet lol In other words,Amare has his deficiencies but he has clearly been our best player AND he's been the the number one cause for the change in attitude toward our team.As for his poor shot selection,a lot of that is a result of the fact that we don't have another go to guy.In other words...We Need Melo!!! lol

P.S. That Chris Paul move is lookin less likely.Theyve been blowing good team out lately

Last edited by franchize : 01-24-2011 at 09:51 AM.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:22 AM   #24
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

earlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this board

I like your post knickcity,
This is where MD's system fails. He had the Phoenix team when everyone was pretty much in their prime, but obviously NEVER won a ring with that style. Is he holding out hoping to win one with that style so he can say, "Look everybody, I told you my system would win a ring!" It will never win a ring and he's too stubborn/stupid to admit this. I would rather have Gentry here more than MD at this point.

The NBA has been/is changing. It started with Boston, then with Miami, even Orlando has done it this year. Could you imagine Agent 0 coming off our bench? We need to get Melo here and I'm sure Mr. Walsh () signed RF for 2 years for a reason. (CP3?). He not only has to try and use our assets to get Melo here, but he also has to figure out a way to have the cap to go after Paul. He has alot on his plate.

I'm just really doubting Melo will come this year. But more than likely as a FA this summer, that way we retain most of our team. We are who we are this year except we have RF and STAT. I just hope Melo will take less money to keep our options open to go after Chris Paul or even Deron Williams.
earlofupstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:39 AM   #25
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlofupstate
I like your post knickcity,
This is where MD's system fails. He had the Phoenix team when everyone was pretty much in their prime, but obviously NEVER won a ring with that style. Is he holding out hoping to win one with that style so he can say, "Look everybody, I told you my system would win a ring!" It will never win a ring and he's too stubborn/stupid to admit this. I would rather have Gentry here more than MD at this point.

The NBA has been/is changing. It started with Boston, then with Miami, even Orlando has done it this year. Could you imagine Agent 0 coming off our bench? We need to get Melo here and I'm sure Mr. Walsh () signed RF for 2 years for a reason. (CP3?). He not only has to try and use our assets to get Melo here, but he also has to figure out a way to have the cap to go after Paul. He has alot on his plate.

I'm just really doubting Melo will come this year. But more than likely as a FA this summer, that way we retain most of our team. We are who we are this year except we have RF and STAT. I just hope Melo will take less money to keep our options open to go after Chris Paul or even Deron Williams.

Melo may accept less, I think that is possible.

The only way Paul can come is if he is traded to us, assuming we have Melo next season.

We won't have cap space to just sign both guys outright unless they accept ridiculously low dollars.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:18 PM   #26
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

We'd have to come up with a hell of a presentation to convince Melo to take less money.He's already losing money by not extending.We'd have to have a serious, mapped out plan and/or something in principle with a few teams for him to take even more of a discount.One thing I can say,whoever gets Melo,Chris Paul is almost surely to come following.He's a guy who likes winning first and foremost.He's one of the most competitive guys in the league.I can't see him staying with NO when theyre are power teams out there that they clearly won't be better than.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:46 PM   #27
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

The Crazy part of it is....someone has to be that guy and step into the water, if they aren't already in it.

Amar'e stepped into the water. He can tell the others what it feels like, from what they don't see.

I do think Melo is coming, and it will be because of Amar'e.

If Paul leaves where else would he go?

Most team have their top guy and sidekick.

And the ones that don't are losing and that's primarily why.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:01 PM   #28
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Pretty much.If Melo comes here,Paul's choices are limited if he wants to win.Miami can't afford him.Chicago,San Antonio and OKC already have point guards for the future.Boston loves them some Rondo (even though I'd trade Rondo for Paul in a NY minute).I can't see him going to Atlanta even though that would be a good fit. The only place for him to go where he'd be on a team that's better than where he is now is LA,NY or Orlando.LA and Orlando would have to move tons of players to get him because they have the two highest payrolls in the league.The logical choice is the Knicks and I'm tryna say that with the least amount of bias and fan blindness lol.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:24 PM   #29
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

pretty much.paul is destined to be in ny
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:52 PM   #30
MightyWhitey
Local High School Star

MightyWhitey has decent reputationMightyWhitey has decent reputation

Is it me or does Shawn Williams NEVER drive to the basket? He's the only 6'9" forward I know who's afraid to drive down the paint. WTF Sure he has the best percentage behind the arc but even Walt Clyde made a comment that Williams had a wide open lane against Washington and he decided to shoot a 3 instead. We need Melo. And some forwards who prefer a good bump and grind in the paint.
MightyWhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: