Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 02-01-2011, 07:23 PM   #181
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The time has come: Clevelands Countdown to losing streak record. Official thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50inchvertical
Irving I was never sold, though he did lock up my guy from Michigan State so I have to give him that, but after missing damn near the whole season with his foot injury, you have to wonder if he still comes out especially since Dukies don't 1 and done very often anyways. Yahoo had a good article on Sullinger about his family and upbringing when I went to check my mail. Predictably, I can't find it right now.

Actually here ( http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaab/news%3...ullinger020111 http://www.coshoctontribune.com/arti...312/1006/RSS02 )

But that's actually one of the things I loe about the Thunder and why I hope we don't make some ground breaking trade. They literaly built this team through the draft, from the ground up, like whoever came up with the system had in mind and completely antonymous to a team like the Clippers who just stay in the lottery forever but never get better or teams who have endless pockets and just make trade after trade like Dallas.

But yea, Twitter Dan Gilbert about Antonio Daniels. No reason dude should be in the D League.

I like what I've seen out of Kyrie, which admittedly isn't a ton (he hasn't played a ton). He seems to have a nice all-around skillset. He is also an excellent defender, which I feel is a very important trait for a point guard on a rebuilding team.

I could see him being the guy to run Scott's offense. At this point, that is the guy that I want.

The good thing about Sullinger is that he seems like a quality guy who, I think, will be loyal to the franchise. I don't think he is worthy of the No. 1 pick, but my prospects for him in the NBA are a little better than your synopsis (like I said... think Al Harrington).

I don't want that to be the pick, but at the same time, if the FO feels that he is the only top tier guy that will remain with the franchise after his initial rookie contract, we may be in a position where we have to take him. Sad but true.

And, yeah... The Thunder put together the blueprint for every rebuilding team in the league. Unfortunately, you need a Kevin Durant to bring all of the pieces together... And then get a little fortunate in Russell Westbrook being as good as he is.

There is a lot of luck in play when trying to rebuild a team that has been decimated in one season.

I'll take a look at the article when I get the chance.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:33 PM   #182
ctown4eva
Kids at the park dunk on me

ctown4eva has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: The time has come: Clevelands Countdown to losing streak record. Official thread.

On the contrary, I feel like Irving is the only sure star in the draft right now.
ctown4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:42 PM   #183
50inchvertical
College star

50inchvertical has an OK reputation so far

The Sweetney comparison was just because I think he fat, for a basketball player anyways. He is not near as fat at Sweetney though. He could certainly lose weight though and work on his athleticism in the summer though knowing that is a common criticism, hell Luke Harangody did it.

I'm a Terrence Jones fan though so I don't even care what anybody else in this draft does. I'm sold on him as a future all star. No homo of course. I'm also interested in Kantner but I'll admit I have never seen him. For the Thunder, we just need a legit pure shooter at any position so we can go Jimmer Fredette or Kyle Singler in the late 1st and I'll live with it and give me Durrell Summers from Mich State or David Lighty in the 2nd and I like that draft, maybe take Corey Fischer from Villanova.
50inchvertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:22 PM   #184
50inchvertical
College star

50inchvertical has an OK reputation so far

this topic needs this photo
50inchvertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:01 PM   #185
jbryan1984
Good college starter

jbryan1984 is considered somewhat cooljbryan1984 is considered somewhat cool

The thing that really eats at me is, its not like we have a ton of horrible players who will not be in the league next year. Look at last years Nets........ Rafer Alston, Josh Boone, Trenton Hassell, Jarvis Hayes, Bobby Simmons, Sean Williams no longer in the league. They only kept 3 players, Harris, Lopez and Humphries. And although they are not as bad as last year, they are still one of the worst teams in the league. I really do not see us letting go of Harris, Eyenga, Gibson and Andy obviously. Possibly holding on to Samuels and Hickson as well. Everyone else I think needs to go though. Who on this team other than Alonzo Gee can you say will not play somewhere next year? Its all heart I'm telling you, no heart at all and feeling sorry for themselves. You don't just go out and beat the Boston Celtics, be a 2 game under 500 team and than go on this crazy losing streak because the guy who screwed the franchise you played for beat you. Some of these young kids, they show heart, they respect the franchise who signed them. But people like Mo, Jamison, Parker, Moon, yeah they really don't give a shit. They came here for a championship and they didn't get it. No doubt they want out. Parker is one of the healthiest guys in the NBA, he's never hurt and look at all this time he has been injured. Mo is never hurt either and he has missed a lot of games. Moon's attitude is so poor, Scott won't even play him in this injury mess we have. Jamison scores but his shot selection is piss poor. His "famous" ark shot, it looks like hell anymore, he cannot hit it. And I would not rule trading Hickson if it was a good trade. He wants to be the man but he is just not a consistent player. He is one of those guys who fans of other teams have heard of and then they finally see him play. I think he can be a decent player in the league though if he works harder in the off season.
jbryan1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:18 PM   #186
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If you have some spare change in your couch cushions, you can go to next Wednesday's game vs. Detroit on the cheap....

http://www.stubhub.com/cleveland-cav...9-2011-987070/
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:29 PM   #187
Mr. Jabbar
Xmas MVP

Mr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation here

NBA.com has its own sticky about this now

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2011/0...s=iref:nbahpt1
Mr. Jabbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:47 PM   #188
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman

InfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbryan1984
The thing that really eats at me is, its not like we have a ton of horrible players who will not be in the league next year. Look at last years Nets........ Rafer Alston, Josh Boone, Trenton Hassell, Jarvis Hayes, Bobby Simmons, Sean Williams no longer in the league. They only kept 3 players, Harris, Lopez and Humphries. And although they are not as bad as last year, they are still one of the worst teams in the league. I really do not see us letting go of Harris, Eyenga, Gibson and Andy obviously. Possibly holding on to Samuels and Hickson as well. Everyone else I think needs to go though. Who on this team other than Alonzo Gee can you say will not play somewhere next year? Its all heart I'm telling you, no heart at all and feeling sorry for themselves. You don't just go out and beat the Boston Celtics, be a 2 game under 500 team and than go on this crazy losing streak because the guy who screwed the franchise you played for beat you. Some of these young kids, they show heart, they respect the franchise who signed them. But people like Mo, Jamison, Parker, Moon, yeah they really don't give a shit. They came here for a championship and they didn't get it. No doubt they want out. Parker is one of the healthiest guys in the NBA, he's never hurt and look at all this time he has been injured. Mo is never hurt either and he has missed a lot of games. Moon's attitude is so poor, Scott won't even play him in this injury mess we have. Jamison scores but his shot selection is piss poor. His "famous" ark shot, it looks like hell anymore, he cannot hit it. And I would not rule trading Hickson if it was a good trade. He wants to be the man but he is just not a consistent player. He is one of those guys who fans of other teams have heard of and then they finally see him play. I think he can be a decent player in the league though if he works harder in the off season.

In that case the fans need to stop supporting this team. LeBron 'quits' on one game in the playoffs and so the rest of these guys think it's okay to quit for 3/4ths of a season?
InfiniteBaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 01:46 PM   #189
Mr. Jabbar
Xmas MVP

Mr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation here

Tonight is key. Its the most winnable game from all that is left before they reach 25.
Mr. Jabbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:38 PM   #190
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

George will dunk on JJ like it's nobody's business
alenleomessi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:24 PM   #191
Celtics 1825
Good High School Starter

Celtics 1825 has no real reputation yet.

Cavs keeping it close vs Pacers

LETS GO CAVS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Celtics 1825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:55 PM   #192
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i love eyenga right now
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:57 PM   #193
ctown4eva

ctown4eva has an OK reputation so far

We can do this!!
ctown4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:58 PM   #194
bih

bih has an OK reputation so far

losing streak ends tonight

pacers will lose
bih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:59 PM   #195
Celtics 1825
Good High School Starter

Celtics 1825 has no real reputation yet.

GO CAVS GO!!!
Celtics 1825 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: