Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 01-23-2011, 10:35 PM   #1
bobbyflay
Kids at the park dunk on me

bobbyflay has an OK reputation so far
Default Dirty things you do that people don't care abou

What are some of the "dirty" tactics you use during a game of basketball? I personally V-Cut push off sort of, push them off a spin move to really seal them, do a sort of slow motion crossover that I actually carry that is so slow that literally 99% of people who I faced try to grab it and end off getting crossover ed lol(if they don't I just either shoot it because it gives me alot of space or I explode past them if they try to run towards me because it gives me a lot of space).
bobbyflay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:27 AM   #2
DarkSephiroth
Alex Mak

DarkSephiroth has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Dirty things you do that people don't care abou

If someone is holding me, I tend to place my hands straight up in the air and lock their holding arm in and move forward, to make it obvious to the ref that they're holding and drawing an easy foul (since their arm is stuck in your arms they can't do anything about it, and their arm is literally across your neck.) People think it's a dirty play, but if they're holding, they should be called for it, right?
DarkSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:34 AM   #3
Sticks
Serious playground baller

Sticks has an OK reputation so far

Not so much what I do... But more what´s done to me. People stepping on your foot when they are defending you so you cant cut away.
Sticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:03 AM   #4
Noble6
Banned

Noble6 is considered somewhat coolNoble6 is considered somewhat cool

the old grab their jersey move
Noble6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:52 AM   #5
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSephiroth
If someone is holding me, I tend to place my hands straight up in the air and lock their holding arm in and move forward, to make it obvious to the ref that they're holding and drawing an easy foul (since their arm is stuck in your arms they can't do anything about it, and their arm is literally across your neck.) People think it's a dirty play, but if they're holding, they should be called for it, right?
This is one of the aspects I miss from playing organized basketball with real officials on a regular basis. I used to initialize any dirty tactic I could come up with (except anything with the intent to injure) and I'd then do whatever I had to do to expose others trying to pull off the same maneuvers on me. It was a fun game of cat and mouse.

I was huge on grabbing and I was huge on malicious moves made to look accidental. I very much liked asserting my psychological dominance over opposing players. It was fun taking stock of the opposing roster, of whom would be succeptable to blowing their top and who would be most likely to react negatively to my actions. Many players wanted to take everything personally and make it more than about the game.

I knew high school referees were relative amateurs and I therefore knew there'd be a copious amount of actions I could get away with. And, as we've been told throughout life, it was always the retaliation that was punished, not the original action.

Most memorably, I recall being boxed out by an opponent and as the rebound caromed in his general direction, I subtley grasped and pulled on the back of his jersey, right in the middle of his numbers. On film, it looked as if he had a giant resistance band attached to his waist as his body flailed away from the ball, opening up the offensive board for one of my teammates.

Similarly, I grabbed jerseys with my offhand even when I had good rebounding position, on one occasion mysteriously drawing a foul on my opponent for being grabbed.

More or less, I was big on asserting my will and coaxing others into retaliation. It was fun. But it's all much in the past now. These were never streetball maneuvers, just stuff that could be pulled off in an organized setting.
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:51 PM   #6
01amberfirewv
Serious playground baller

01amberfirewv has an OK reputation so far

If I am playing a shooter with a quick release and I get beat one hand goes up and the other pokes them in the belly button. Its rarely ever noticed by anyone but the shooter but really throws their shot off. I did have a guy flop on me once but I gave him hard time for going down with a little jab
01amberfirewv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:35 PM   #7
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

I give a little tug down on the shorts....enough to distract. These are my friends....so I'm not gonna get socked.
glidedrxlr22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:44 PM   #8
Lakerlove420
a LAKER & a DODGER fan

Lakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
I give a little tug down on the shorts....enough to distract. These are my friends....so I'm not gonna get socked.

I will sock you in the mouth next time you do that to me..
Lakerlove420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:54 PM   #9
Underballer
Decent playground baller

Underballer is starting to rub some people the wrong wayUnderballer is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakerlove420
I will sock you in the mouth next time you do that to me..
lol
Underballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:15 PM   #10
MichaelCheazley
B-Eazy Mike Beasley

MichaelCheazley is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMichaelCheazley is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMichaelCheazley is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMichaelCheazley is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMichaelCheazley is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMichaelCheazley is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMichaelCheazley is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMichaelCheazley is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMichaelCheazley is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Pushing off when making cuts or rolling from picks.
MichaelCheazley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:58 PM   #11
DUP
ambition

DUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble6
the old grab their jersey move
yea
and they push u on the side while u take a jumper
DUP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: