Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 12-05-2006, 09:59 PM   #1
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation
Default Artest??

where has Artest been the past few games?? Is he injured?? last i heard was that he was unhappy that he wasnt getting enough touches on the offense, maybe because hes shooting 39% ... where is he?
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 11:31 PM   #2
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

He's busy starring in Brokeback Mountain w/ TMac.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 06:17 PM   #3
Buck
I airball my layups

Buck has an OK reputation so far

Yes, where is Ron Artrest? I think he has missed three games and did not accompany the team to Phoenix. The media, the coaches, and the Kings officials have skirted the issue. In most instances, when a player is out with an injury, there is a constant barrage of press releases.

Has he been suspended or benched? Has there been a rift between he and the coaches? Is he taking time off at his own request? I believe there is more to this story than meets the eye.
Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 06:35 PM   #4
BradMiller52
Kings fan

He's missed the games because his back is in a lot of pain. Why should a dude with a bad back fly? He just needs to get a lot of bed rest until the pain goes away.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:41 AM   #5
Buck
I airball my layups

My intuition tells me that everything is not OK back at the ranch. Those who are big Artest fans will be disappointed.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:37 AM   #6
BradMiller52
Kings fan

I think it's pretty obvious the back was giving him problems. His defensive stance wasn't as low, he couldn't run well, his shooting was badly off, there were times he could be seen getting things done on his back(like things put on it) during time outs/before the game, he had to get on the excersize bike to keep it loose, etc. To be honest I think Muss has lost the players though, apparently Kevin was pissed after the game.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:15 PM   #7
Buck
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
I think it's pretty obvious the back was giving him problems. His defensive stance wasn't as low, he couldn't run well, his shooting was badly off, there were times he could be seen getting things done on his back(like things put on it) during time outs/before the game, he had to get on the excersize bike to keep it loose, etc. To be honest I think Muss has lost the players though, apparently Kevin was pissed after the game.

Artest has complained of back pain for weeks. According to today's Sac Bee, a magnetic resonance exam turned up negative. In the article, Petrie seemed to be implying that it was Ron's personal decision to take the "rest route" rather than the "tough it out approach" which he had been following for more than a month. Artest may really be in pain this time--but he does have a history of using excuses to avoid practicing. (And app. one year ago, Ron walked into Rick Carlisle's office and requested a month off to attend to his music project.)

You may be correct in thinking that Muss may have lost the players. Some players and others in the organization haven't been satisfied with the new offensive scheme institiuted by Musselman and parts of the Princeton system used by Adelmann have been revived. Coaches usually make the decisions about whom is going to play and when. (It appears that Artest and Bibby sub themselves in and out of the games.)

If the situation doesn't improve promptly, the wheels could fall completely off this wagon.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:16 PM   #8
BradMiller52
Kings fan

I guess we'll have to see but yeah I really think Muss has lost the team already. Who could respect a guy who just started a line up of Bibby/Price/Martin/Salmons/Thomas?
Old 12-07-2006, 04:42 PM   #9
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Perezident has no real reputation yet.

i feel as if he isnt losing the team, he is jus is trying to figure out lineups that works out for the team.... i dnt know about u guys but i'm goin to stick with Muss and see what he does ...you guys go with the tide i cant believe it!! but when he first got here in that preseason game you guys were like Adel who?? when bibby those appeared to be playing defense in preseason and were winning games Muss looked gr8 for you guys but now since we're losing u guys are killing him verbally i say give him a chance
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 05:19 PM   #10
Buck
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
I guess we'll have to see but yeah I really think Muss has lost the team already. Who could respect a guy who just started a line up of Bibby/Price/Martin/Salmons/Thomas?

This was a blatant miscalculation. First of all, it made no sense to attemp to play a fast paced game vs a team which thrives on "running." Secondly, I think some may be misinterpreting the term "going small"--to me "going small" means "going quick." Only two of those five who started have the quickness to keep up with the Suns.

IMO, Begin each game with your regular starting line-up and make necessary adjustments as the game progresses. Do everything possible to take the opponent out of doing what they like to do.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:56 PM   #11
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Perezident has no real reputation yet.

is artest playing tonight??
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 09:03 PM   #12
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far

i dont think so.