Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 01-25-2011, 10:57 AM   #1
Marquis Daniels
MY BOSS IS A *****

Default weak legs but been working on it

have been training on my legs after training sessions through gym sessions... which includes suicides, squats and lunges. been doing few exercises on abs too. what does that help me in? jumping? i know it helps me in on court conditions such as defensive positions, agility around the court, stamina(with stronger legs) and endurance(same as stamina), but what else do the exercise help me in?
Marquis Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:11 PM   #2
01amberfirewv
Serious playground baller

Default Re: weak legs but been working on it

I'm not real sure what you are asking but working your ab's or your core will help you with balance. Don't work them like traditional ab exercises (sit-ups crunches) though, try to do core exercises which force your body to balance and be stable.
01amberfirewv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:25 PM   #3
Marquis Daniels
MY BOSS IS A *****

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01amberfirewv
I'm not real sure what you are asking but working your ab's or your core will help you with balance. Don't work them like traditional ab exercises (sit-ups crunches) though, try to do core exercises which force your body to balance and be stable.

what i'm trying to ask is what else can those exercises help improve in my game? hmm i got no choice but to do them during trainings (normally planks, toe touch, leg lift) and another exercise that improves my balance.
Marquis Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:10 PM   #4
JoelJ
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Being stronger overall will help you with different things. You can train to be faster, jump higher, be more explosive, and it will actually allow you to be more physical.

Keep squatting (full squats), and implement some deadlifts, and assuming that you're a strength training beginner, you will end up jumping higher as well.

Check this article out for some reference: Improve Vertical Jumping With Strength Training
JoelJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:21 AM   #5
DUP
ambition

strong quads are important for ur knees
DUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:50 AM   #6
01amberfirewv
Serious playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUP
strong quads are important for ur knees

A good weight training program can help all your joints unless your old and have overdone it for years like me.

I play pick up games ever Saturday. We have a few guys who are 6'4+ and we always try to split them up but there is one guy who is no more than 5'10 who we always put on the 6'4 guys because he plays like a big guy due to his strength. When I started playing with these guys I played like I did when I was in high school, a point guard that can dribble and shoot outside. Because I spent so much time in the weight room since high school though I have changed a lot. I have found that I can muscle the ball to the hoop a lot easier.
01amberfirewv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:12 PM   #7
Gnova
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marquis Daniels
have been training on my legs after training sessions through gym sessions... which includes suicides, squats and lunges. been doing few exercises on abs too. what does that help me in? jumping? i know it helps me in on court conditions such as defensive positions, agility around the court, stamina(with stronger legs) and endurance(same as stamina), but what else do the exercise help me in?

You already answered your own question.
Squats, lunges.....what does that help my in? jumping?
I know it helps me on court conditions such as defensive,agility,stamina,endurance
Gnova is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: