Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 11-06-2010, 03:14 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Pistons would like to trade Richard Hamilton

The perimeter-heavy Pistons would love to move Richard Hamilton - for their sake and for his - to a contender, but with two years, $25 million left on his contract after this season, takers for the 32-year-old are few, if any. ESPN.com

There's far more interest in Tayshaun Prince, but since he's in the final year of a contract paying him $11 million this season, the Pistons may just keep him. ESPN.com

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/nba_rumor...#ixzz14XFKuVpz
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 08:30 PM   #2
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Pistons would like to trade Richard Hamilton

I would like to see Rip with the Nuggets or Blazers.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 05:42 PM   #3
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

dont care who he goes to, would love to dump some contracts and free up some space
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 05:05 PM   #4
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus has decent reputationNastradamus has decent reputation

I think Rip would be a great fit on those two teams mentioned Afflalo is really nice, but Rip would compliment him well as more of a pure scorer. We could give them Rip and Max for K.Mart and maybe JR

Portland could also use him, as Roy is banged up and they need another scorer IMHO. Roy plays the 1 and even 3 at times, so Rip would fit well most likely. We'd have to take Miller and Pryzbilla though, so not sure it works. We'd have to be able to flip Miller most likely. An idea

Rip,Duhon to Portland

Gortat,Pietrus to Detroit

Miller,Pryzbilla to Orlando

Orlando needs another PG with Nelson always hurt and they will still need a backup big, but they don't want to pay Gortat long term. Gortat would be perfect for us and Pietrus would fill Rip's spot with more of a defender, open shot maker. That's ideal with Gordon and Mcgrady as scorers already. Duhon gives Portland a veteran backup at the point to pair with the exciting rookie Armon Johnson

Detroit

PG Stuckey Bynum White
SG Gordon/Pietrus(might start)
SF Prince Mcgrady Summers
PF Daye CV Maxiell Wilcox
C Wallace Gortat Monroe

gotta trim the fat with another trade is all. Max and '11 1st(I don't want to draft anyone next year!!) for Cleveland's trade exception or Max and Summers
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:40 PM   #5
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's no secret Detroit is shopping Rip and Tay. You can tell Rip and Tay are not happy in Detroit anymore. While they are still being professionals and playing hard it's obvious things just aren't the same with them as they were just a few years ago.... It's only a matter of time.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:37 PM   #6
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Pistons have been close on a few things with [Richard Hamilton], almost landed Tyson Chandler this summer... but he's not helping himself right now. I think Charlotte is one of the few teams out there with genuine interest. ESPN.com

This was in the rumors today. While it makes sense the Bobcats would want him, I don't see what they have they could give up to us that we would want in return. Tyson Chandler would have been their way to get Hamilton. They should have made that deal before the season. Chandler has been pretty solid for Dallas too.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:28 PM   #7
dd24
College superstar

I could potentially see a 3-way type deal involving the Grizzlies and another team. The Grizzlies want to trade OJ Mayo but then they'll still need a SG. I'm sure Rip could help them out. They're probably going to trade Thabeet too. Obviously Gortat is no longer an option. Thabeet has some promise and seems like a Detroit type C. If he played hard D, blocked shots, and grabbed boards people would be happy with him. That's basically his game too. If he put up 10 points a night from put backs and easy dunks I'd be cool with that. Obviously the salaries don't match and the Pistons won't want Mayo (Gordon all over again....) so another team would have to be involved but I could see something like that potentially happening.

I could really see Detroit trying to make a move with the Clippers too. Though LAC would want Detroit to take Baron Davis in order to get Kaman they still might be able to work something out to bring Kaman back to MI.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:50 PM   #8
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

no trades are happening till new owners are in place so that's february

probably wont see him dumped this season, would like to see him in Houston
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 01:51 AM   #9
Chris Quinn
Banned

Chris Quinn is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableChris Quinn is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableChris Quinn is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableChris Quinn is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableChris Quinn is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableChris Quinn is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableChris Quinn is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableChris Quinn is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableChris Quinn is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableChris Quinn is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableChris Quinn is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

weird to see him LEAVE DEEETROIT
Chris Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 12:11 PM   #10
dd24
College superstar

Now they're saying he might be part of the Melo deal with Hamilton going to NJ. They are also saying NJ wants our first round pick this year. I think that part is ridiculous. Detroit better not trade our first rounder, especially when all we'd be getting back is Petro and Murphy. I'm not a huge fan of that trade anyway, except for the expiring contract. At least we'd be able to add another piece next year.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:09 PM   #11
Kombo
:)

Kombo has decent reputationKombo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Now they're saying he might be part of the Melo deal with Hamilton going to NJ. They are also saying NJ wants our first round pick this year. I think that part is ridiculous. Detroit better not trade our first rounder, especially when all we'd be getting back is Petro and Murphy. I'm not a huge fan of that trade anyway, except for the expiring contract. At least we'd be able to add another piece next year.

The funny thing about the trade is it doesn't really help our cap room at all next year. After we extend Stuckey, we'll have close to what equates to a mid-level available, except we won't have the mid level due to being under the cap.

This is really the best thing for our future though. We weren't going to get a dominate player for Rip or young talent. Unfortunately, we'll soon learn that both Villanueva and Gordon are not going to be the impact players we wanted. I think Joe's plan was to have a lineup of Stuckey / Hamilton (Gordon) / Prince / Boozer / Wallace but it didn't work out when Boozer didn't want to be paid what we could afford. Now, Stuckey isn't quite the player we want, and we have a large number of support players. Hopefully we can get some talent through the draft the next few years, and have a lineup like so come 2012 or so (a man can dream):

Chris Paul
Rodney Stuckey / Ben Gordon
Daye
Perry Jones
Greg Monroe / Enes Kanter

2010 Trade Tayshuan Prince & Jason Maxiell for Caron Butler (expirer) & Deshawn Stevenson (expirer)
2011 Draft Perry Jones
2011 Trade Charlie Villanueva for Some Expirer Somehow
2012 Draft Enes Kanter
2012 Sign Chris Paul
Kombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:16 PM   #12
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kombo
The funny thing about the trade is it doesn't really help our cap room at all next year. After we extend Stuckey, we'll have close to what equates to a mid-level available, except we won't have the mid level due to being under the cap.

This is really the best thing for our future though. We weren't going to get a dominate player for Rip or young talent. Unfortunately, we'll soon learn that both Villanueva and Gordon are not going to be the impact players we wanted. I think Joe's plan was to have a lineup of Stuckey / Hamilton (Gordon) / Prince / Boozer / Wallace but it didn't work out when Boozer didn't want to be paid what we could afford. Now, Stuckey isn't quite the player we want, and we have a large number of support players. Hopefully we can get some talent through the draft the next few years, and have a lineup like so come 2012 or so (a man can dream):

Chris Paul
Rodney Stuckey / Ben Gordon
Daye
Perry Jones
Greg Monroe / Enes Kanter

2010 Trade Tayshuan Prince & Jason Maxiell for Caron Butler (expirer) & Deshawn Stevenson (expirer)
2011 Draft Perry Jones
2011 Trade Charlie Villanueva for Some Expirer Somehow
2012 Draft Enes Kanter
2012 Sign Chris Paul

But now you're guessing we'll end up with the #1 overall pick. I doubt that happens unless Detroit gets significantly worse. Right now it looks like we'll end up about where we were last year in the draft. Most are saying someone like Donatas Motiejunas. Don't get me wrong I'd love to get Perry Jones but it doesn't look likely right now. Kanter is entering the draft this year isn't he? Or has it not been decided yet? Either way he's a huge gamble. Even John Calipari said Kanter wasn't as ready as Cousins was.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:06 AM   #13
Kombo
:)

Kombo has decent reputationKombo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
But now you're guessing we'll end up with the #1 overall pick. I doubt that happens unless Detroit gets significantly worse. Right now it looks like we'll end up about where we were last year in the draft. Most are saying someone like Donatas Motiejunas. Don't get me wrong I'd love to get Perry Jones but it doesn't look likely right now. Kanter is entering the draft this year isn't he? Or has it not been decided yet? Either way he's a huge gamble. Even John Calipari said Kanter wasn't as ready as Cousins was.

Ya, I don't think we'll get any of those guys, it was mostly just a pipe dream.

I haven't followed Kanter's situation too much to be honest. Last I heard was that if he was banned the entire year, he wouldn't enter until 2012 and he lost his appeal didn't he? I'm not really sure what's up, would he even be allowed to play his sophomore season?
Kombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:28 PM   #14
dd24
College superstar

I'm not sure what the latest on the Kanter situation is either. I do keep seeing him in mock drafts so I'm going to have to guess that he is going to try to go to the draft.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:59 PM   #15
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus has decent reputationNastradamus has decent reputation

I'd love to draft Kanter, even if he is a risk. Some scouts have him as their #1 pick right now.

As far as Rip, gotta get this done. Dumping his salary would be huge. Dallas also needs a SG again with Butler out. Maybe Rip for Terry, waive Terry?
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: