Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 12-05-2006, 11:02 PM   #1
RichMo
OL' Schoolin 'em

RichMo has decent reputationRichMo has decent reputation
Default Carter or Jefferson?

Whos the better one to keep around for the next three years to make one last run in the J-Kidd Era? Just give your vote.

CARTER
RichMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 11:15 PM   #2
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

you need both.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 11:41 PM   #3
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

RJ, but only because he has a chance to be an overall more valuable player than carter if carter isn't around to take so many shots. the other factor being defense, in which RJ has the edge.

but based on them playing together so far i would otherwise say carter. he's less injury-prone, his offense is dazzling from all areas of the floor, and he's even a pretty decent defender from the games i've seen. also he's the better passer.

there you go- a vote for both RJ and carter. sorry. :)
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:11 AM   #4
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Problem with trading RJ is that you won't be getting back same value. Probably we're looking at Drew Gooden, Troy Murphy (well, GS has enough swings), type of guys that we could do without.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 06:39 PM   #5
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

RJ cause hes younger and has the ability to carry the team on his back when his number is called.
Even though it would KILL me to see VC leave Jersey
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 06:50 PM   #6
whaley82
High School JV MVP

whaley82 has decent reputation

You can't say Carter or RJ becuase ones plays SF/PF and the other plays SG/SF, and they do different things on the court. We need them both to win games. When Carters on it leaves other players open because other teams have to Double team him and that gives RJ open space to shoot or drive.
whaley82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 11:00 AM   #7
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
When Carters on it leaves other players open because other teams have to Double team him and that gives RJ open space to shoot or drive.
theoretically that should be the case, yet in practice... heh.

also, IME carter and RJ will both play the 2-3-4 defending on matchups.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:36 PM   #8
whaley82
High School JV MVP

whaley82 has decent reputation

Yeah I guess and This year Carter even plays some 1, and he does a pretty good job on it. He see the court better then most people think he can.
whaley82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 05:55 PM   #9
gigantes
A piece of fluff

true dat.

anyway, is the point behind this thread that:

1) we can't afford to pay both RJ and carter max money or
2) because carter is preventing RJ from taking that 'next step' as a player or
3) something else?
Old 12-07-2006, 06:00 PM   #10
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well, apparently RJ is Bi.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:48 PM   #11
RichMo
OL' Schoolin 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
true dat.

anyway, is the point behind this thread that:

1) we can't afford to pay both RJ and carter max money or
2) because carter is preventing RJ from taking that 'next step' as a player or
3) something else?
The point is:
These guys are our two best bargaining tools. I want to see what Net's fans think who we should deal with to try to make a move in this J-Kidd era?
Personally, I think it's time to deal R.J. I like R.J. but, I do not think he is a franchise player of the future that everyone else thinks he is. You may disagree but I'm gonna keep it real. R.J. can not single handedly take over ballgames like a franchise player can.
To me a franchise player is J-Kidd, Garnett, Lebron, Kobe, ect. These guys are franchise players. They will go down in time with Jordan, Magic, Bird, Dr,J.
Now R.J. ? C'Mon Man! You serious! Everyone of you Nets fans stop calling R.J. the future and the future of our franchise! You are disrespecting the real Franchise players and yourself.
Sorry R.J. , You are a very good player but we can use you to make a possible big time deal. Now let's talk trades! We are on a time limit people. Times Running OUT!
Old 12-18-2006, 02:41 AM   #12
gigantes
A piece of fluff

and what if carter skips town this offseason and you're left holding your jock strap?
Old 12-18-2006, 02:03 PM   #13
worldbchuck
I airball my layups

worldbchuck has an OK reputation so far

Gigantes was saying he was glad that fans don't run professional sports teams because we just don't understand how things work. Then he goes off about max money, salary caps and holding jock straps. Well he must be finishing his intership with the Nets finance department to have access to the books like that.

Me. I don't work for the Nets. I don't have access to players contracts, but I am going to express my opinion becaue I earned it in the dark days of the late 80s and early 90s. Not to mention the mid-90s until 2002. Sneaky into games, oogling the Nets Cambell Cheerleaders, getting inside John Salley's head and pumping up Rafael Addison to shut down Jordon. But I know this is a fact. Rod Thorn is a genius. So I will let him manage the salary cap, worry aout max money and let the trainers worry about jock straps.

If Minnesota wants Jefferson and Nenad for Garnett, I do it. Because with three Hall of Famers on my team all under 34 that wins me a championship and that's what its about. If that happens and Carter leaves for more money to play in Orlando; that's fine because by the time we get to Brooklyn we will be able to lure any free agent we want. Or anyone that actually wants to get a decent endorsement deal.
worldbchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 06:00 PM   #14
gigantes
A piece of fluff

well i'm glad the "jock strap" comment tickled your fancy. :)
Old 12-18-2006, 11:10 PM   #15
RichMo
OL' Schoolin 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
and what if carter skips town this offseason and you're left holding your jock strap?
This whole thing is based on Carter staying. None of what I said excludes Carter. Trading Jefferson may be the key to keeping Carter (unfortunatly). The important thing is that Carter is better than Jefferson in every catagory except defense. Carter can play numorous positions, bring the ball up, handle the ball, better shooter. better rebounder, better passer, better leaper, more clutch and more versatile.
To answer the question about "what if Carter leaves". The thread is called CARTER OR JEFFERSON. This would be saying if one has to stay or if one has to go. I think we would all prefer to have them both but I wouldn't hold my breath...or my jockstrap.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: