Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-27-2011, 03:58 PM   #1
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default ISH Official PGA Tour Thread

I was just gonna make a thread about Tiger's start to the season but then I thought fuck it why not a whole thread about the PGA. I'm not sure how many of you guys follow golf but maybe throughout the season we can get some good conversation going.

So the Farmer's Insurance Open started today which is big because it's Tiger's start to the 2011 season. He's got his new swing, and supposed health. I have to say his swing looks.... just efficient. It doesn't seem to have the bite that it used to but he's -3 through I think 15.

My players to watch this tournament are obviously Tiger, and then Anthony Kim who was just a beast at the beginning of last year but then was injured. So far though he seems to be back to form. And Ricky Fowler, he had a nice little season last year in his first full year.
Timmy D for MVP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:10 PM   #2
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: ISH Official PGA Tour Thread

There's the Tiger explosion. I was waiting for that.

They couldn't get on the bleep button fast enough.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:41 PM   #3
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Tiger is okay for the first day. A good day for my fantasy team also, Haas and Fowler have great starts. And my random pick this week is a dude named Bio Kim

BTW, join my golf league!

password: ish2011
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:22 AM   #4
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
Tiger is okay for the first day. A good day for my fantasy team also, Haas and Fowler have great starts. And my random pick this week is a dude named Bio Kim

BTW, join my golf league!

password: ish2011

On Yahoo?
Old 01-28-2011, 06:26 PM   #5
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Tiger was so inconsistent off the tee today. But he still put together a nice round. I thought he had that eagle putt on 18 which would have been bad for the field I think because we know he carries momentum well.

But damn Anthony Kim has some serious game.

Ben Haas your clubhouse leader at -11.

Which brings me to another point. I know they're playing both courses but even on the South Course they're going low. I know it's not at Open Conditions but... still it's Torrey Pines.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:34 PM   #6
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Damn, my boy Bio is done.

BTW, John Freakin' Daly is still on the run! That big, colourful dude is very streaky.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:07 PM   #7
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

Tiger has a bad weekend. +3 on both Saturday and Sunday (so far). So, he still have to wait for his first PGA tournament win for a big while.

BTW, Open at Torrey Pines champ is still up for grabs. Up to 7 golfers still have a chance after 9.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:48 PM   #8
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Good for Bubba. But Phil made it pretty damn interesting! Good tourny.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:52 PM   #9
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

was cheering for phil, but good for bubba.
good to see phil's wife being able to walk a round with him after having a fight with cancer

bubba watson, the guy who can turn his driver upside down, switch from his natural right footed stance to left stance, and still drive the ball 300+ yards
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:59 PM   #10
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

Damn, Tiger is out of winning position again. Shot +2 today, -10 behind.

Spencer Levin has been hot lately, has been within top 20 in 4 of his last 5 tournaments.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:18 AM   #11
sulsuvtut27
Brook Lopez=beast!!!!!

sulsuvtut27 has decent reputation

Tiger had a nice club throw today when he hit his drive and it ended up behind the tree.
sulsuvtut27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 01:09 PM   #12
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

anthony kim and phil mickelson in the hunt at the shell houston open
harrington atop the leader board

go AK!
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:28 AM   #13
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

Phil got his first PGA tournament win of 2011 after a very good weekend.

Now, here is the Masters week.

Who should I pick for my fantasy team? Tiger again? Phil? or a bunch of top Europeans?
Old 04-04-2011, 01:31 PM   #14
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

There probably isn't enough interest to keep this thread on the front page after the Masters is over.

Last months issue of Golf Digest had an interesting article about Tiger and his swing changes. They showed his top of the backswing positions at different times in his career and the differences were dramatic.

I thought that his swing during his Slam run back in 2000 was close to perfect. Apparently part of that swing was a dramatic straightening of his left knee through impact and apparently he felt that was a big cause of his knee problems. When he worked with Haney after dumping Butch it was a big issue for Tiger to try to take the stress off his knee because he said he had only "20% of my ACL left".
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:33 PM   #15
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
There probably isn't enough interest to keep this thread on the front page after the Masters is over.

Last months issue of Golf Digest had an interesting article about Tiger and his swing changes. They showed his top of the backswing positions at different times in his career and the differences were dramatic.

I thought that his swing during his Slam run back in 2000 was close to perfect. Apparently part of that swing was a dramatic straightening of his left knee through impact and apparently he felt that was a big cause of his knee problems. When he worked with Haney after dumping Butch it was a big issue for Tiger to try to take the stress off his knee because he said he had only "20% of my ACL left".

Don't want to totally derail this thread, but was wondering if you could elaborate on Tiger's work ethic? How many hours a day do you think he focuses on his game and tries to improve?
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: