Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-04-2011, 01:49 PM   #16
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: ISH Official PGA Tour Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heilige
Don't want to totally derail this thread, but was wondering if you could elaborate on Tiger's work ethic? How many hours a day do you think he focuses on his game and tries to improve?
From an interview with CBS 60 Minutes 4 years ago:

Quote:
For Tiger, practice is the key and his work ethic is legendary. Hes up at dawn and can stay out on the course for as long as 14 hours hitting balls again and again and again off the tee, out of the sand, or on the green. It's a never-ending quest for perfection.

Yep, his ACL should be the best reason why he hasn't win a PGA tournament yet. It takes time to change the swing to fit a golfer returning from a major injury.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 02:58 PM   #17
sulsuvtut27
Brook Lopez=beast!!!!!

sulsuvtut27 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
Phil got his first PGA tournament win of 2011 after a very good weekend.

Now, here is the Masters week.

Who should I pick for my fantasy team? Tiger again? Phil? or a bunch of top Europeans?

Bunch of the top Europeans. Euros are taking over the game.
sulsuvtut27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:59 AM   #18
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Here is my final fantasy lineup for the Masters:

Tiger Woods - Matt Kuchar
(Woods was 4th last year. Kuchar has been a steady performer since last season, and hasn't miss cuts in 7 PGA tourneys.)
Paul Casey - Bubba Watson
Ian Poulter - Hunter Mahan
(All Britain starters. Mahan is my go-to guy since last season. Bubba is a random pick.)
Martin Kaymer - Tom Watson
(Why not picking #1 golfer in the world? Good Ol' Tom is a nuts pick.)

Bs are foursome starters.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:24 AM   #19
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Poulter
I dont think [Tiger] will finish in the top 5′
Why people seem to love to have some harsh words at Tiger lately? Tiger Woods' intimidation factor is gone?

Then again, I pick both guys in my fantasy, so GO BOTH!!
Old 04-07-2011, 01:08 PM   #20
sulsuvtut27
Brook Lopez=beast!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
Why people seem to love to have some harsh words at Tiger lately? Tiger Woods' intimidation factor is gone?

Then again, I pick both guys in my fantasy, so GO BOTH!!

I think his intimidation factor is gone a little bit because he isn't the player he was 3 or 4 years ago. Now we are talking about Woods having a great golf swing on the practice range instead of a great swing on the course.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:48 PM   #21
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

is there somewhere I can watch Tiger Woods live?
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:49 PM   #22
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Rory had a great round but something just feels wrong about it all. Like... I don't look at him right now and think: "Oh yeah he can win this whole thing."

Idk what's missing from him for me. BUT he strings together a couple more rounds he def has the talent.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:34 PM   #23
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Y.E. Yang is fearless!

I love this guy.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:34 PM   #24
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

Kaymer
Old 04-07-2011, 11:55 PM   #25
The Big Skinny
The champ is here.

The Big Skinny is considered somewhat coolThe Big Skinny is considered somewhat cool

This has to be one of the most impressive 1st rounds I've seen in a while. Not sure why but seems like every other shot is a highlight.
The Big Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:32 AM   #26
sulsuvtut27
Brook Lopez=beast!!!!!

How about the last group with the way Woodland finished and Quiros. How come Rory is getting all the talk and Quiros is getting no love?
Old 04-08-2011, 03:34 AM   #27
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulsuvtut27
How about the last group with the way Woodland finished and Quiros. How come Rory is getting all the talk and Quiros is getting no love?

Cause Rory is the up and coming superstar so they hype him out.

He deserves it, I think he'll be a multiple major winner and one of the best but yeah he gets a lot of coverage.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:05 AM   #28
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heilige
Don't want to totally derail this thread, but was wondering if you could elaborate on Tiger's work ethic? How many hours a day do you think he focuses on his game and tries to improve?

Tiger practices a lot. As much as if not more than anyone. He practices his short game shots so much that he goes through several wedges a year because he wears out the bounce on the bottom of the club.

I think he may have to reduce the number of balls he hits on the driving range as he gets older since your body doesnt recover as quickly. Hitting balls is very tiring to your hands a forearms. There is nothing you can do in a gym that simulates the stress on your forearms when hitting golf balls.
tontoz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:10 AM   #29
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulsuvtut27

Rory is a far more accomplished player than Quiros. Until yesterday Quiros had never shot better than 75 in the Masters.

As a side note i followed Vegas one day last year at a nationwide event. I have never seen anyone hit the ball as high as he does. That is a big plus at Augusta.
tontoz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:00 PM   #30
sulsuvtut27
Brook Lopez=beast!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
Cause Rory is the up and coming superstar so they hype him out.

He deserves it, I think he'll be a multiple major winner and one of the best but yeah he gets a lot of coverage.

That's 100% true but the guy was still tied for the lead after the first round. At least mention it once or twice.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: