Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-27-2011, 05:15 PM   #16
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Re: OJ Mayo suspended 10 games by the NBA

Update:

The NBA announced today that O.J. Mayo of the Memphis Grizzlies has been suspended without pay for 10 games for violating the terms of the NBA/NBPA Anti-Drug Program. His violation of the program involved a positive test for dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA).

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/#ixzz1CHCzuMm4
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:15 PM   #17
SCdac
Very good NBA starter

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation
Default Re: OJ Mayo to be suspended 10 games by the NBA

probably getting high on some buds, like everybody else I know, and probably half the players in the NBA... sucks for him that he got caught and/or is jeopardizing his job

edit: I stand corrected ... DHEA ain't no THC
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:17 PM   #18
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Quote:
Holly MacKenzie
And there comes the press release. Damn. Mayo suspended 10 games for violating NBA/NBPA Anti-Drug program. Tested positive for DHEA

I'll post this even though ISH beat me to it.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:22 PM   #19
KB2009Champ
Local High School Star

KB2009Champ has no real reputation yet.

what the hell is DHEA? performance enhancing drug? wth is dude thinking.
KB2009Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:22 PM   #20
ballup
Fool Disguised Genius

ballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
an illegal blend of orange juice and mayonnaise
Repped.

I know what I'm gonna put in my future protein shakes
ballup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:24 PM   #21
Alonzo Magic
Mourning Glory

Alonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCdac
probably getting high on some buds, like everybody else I know, and probably half the players in the NBA... sucks for him that he got caught and/or is jeopardizing his job

Nobody in the NBA is getting suspended for having THC in their system dude. Come on now.
Alonzo Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:29 PM   #22
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonzo Magic
Nobody in the NBA is getting suspended for having THC in their system dude. Come on now.

I made the same mistake in a post earlier in this thread, which is ridiculous. I guess I was thinking that people have been suspended for concaine and meth before, but only for THC when they were busted at an airport or something. If THC got you a ban then a majority of the NBA would be busted.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:29 PM   #23
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star

chazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Same thing Rashard got suspended for
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:30 PM   #24
8BeastlyXOIAD
3-time NBA All-Star

8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation

Seriously where is OJ A 6'4 Mamba?
8BeastlyXOIAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:33 PM   #25
Alonzo Magic
Mourning Glory

Alonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BeastlyXOIAD

Creating a Jimmer Fredette 6'2 D-Will account.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:34 PM   #26
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Why you like kicking people when down? also the bulls want him because bogus is problably the worst starter of all time
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:38 PM   #27
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonzo Magic

Yes you can get suspended, if it is detected multiple times.

Quote:
If a player tests positive for marijuana for the first time during Reasonable Cause Testing, First-Year Testing, or Veteran Testing, or he is convicted of, or pleads guilty, nolo contendre or no contest to, the use or possession of marijuana in violation of the law, he will be required to enter the program. A second such violation will result in a $15,000 fine and the player's re-entry into the program. A third (or any subsequent) such violation will result in a five-game suspension and the player's re-entry into the program.

http://news.findlaw.com/legalnews/sp...all/index.html
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:43 PM   #28
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I just realized, all the Mayo fans are just gone.
Quote:
knick and Bulls fans you still want this guy?
I'm neither but if he was available for cheap I'd take him on the Cs to back up Rondo and Allen, as well as Allen's long-term replacement. He's slumping but his rookie season wasn't an accident, he's still a talented player. Just not as good as people thought he would be. I maintain he's got the same skills and athletic ability as young Gilbert Arenas.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:45 PM   #29
Alonzo Magic
Mourning Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
Yes you can get suspended, if it is detected multiple times.

http://news.findlaw.com/legalnews/sp...all/index.html

Of course it's gonna be represented as a prohibited substance in the NBA drug policy. It doesn't mean it actually gets enforced. Has anyone ever been suspended or fined for weed in the league? I've heard even Peja rolls it up, let alone all the brothers in the league.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:45 PM   #30
tomtucker
NBA rookie of the year

tomtucker is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
knick and Bulls fans you still want this guy?
hells yeah, i bet mayo got some good drugs that can cure d-rose´s ulcers
tomtucker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: