Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-07-2006, 03:23 PM   #61
LAZYBOY
PERMA-BANNED

You really honestly think I'm Texas Batman?
You're a dumbsh!t. The only thing funny about your posts are how ignorant you are.
LAZYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 03:27 PM   #62
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

I don't know very much about whats going on in this thread, but I will let you know that every night, I dream of Gobb installing my cable and then having hot wild rough sex on the floor of my living room.
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 04:41 PM   #63
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
Alright buddy, first off I do have some of BB's newer albums and it is not Smooth Jazz. Smooth jazz implies the likes of Bill Frisell, Josh Redman etc. The fact that you get your music information from the genere bins at music stores just shows how limited you are. He gets grouped with smooth jazz (not in a good record store) and the name of a tour is irrelevant. Pioneer my ass, hes a weak, uncle tom version fo the real mephis/chicago electric blues. He is a good musician and brought blues to a mainstream audience but pioneer implies someone like Son House or Bukka WHite.

You clearly have the musical IQ of an MTV VJ. How about you spend some time searching out some modern blues (theres alot of it) instead of limiting yourself to what you hear on the airwaves.

ALso, the currently accepted position based on cranial morphology and mitochondrial DNA is that anatomically modern humans and neandertals are seperate lineages with a common ancestor.

First off I haven't bought a cd in years. What's the point when I can download it on limewire. Join the new age gramps. I've heard some of King's most recent efforts. He has over 50, I repeat, 50 recorded albums. What sense would it make to keep recording the same type of sound over and over and over again. And calling the annointed, not self-proclaimed King of Blues an uncle tom lets me know you have the common sense of a mangy back alley tomcat and the neighbors should pelt you with canned goods. Don't equate a soul crooner who laments the struggle of not just his race, but ALL men, an uncle tom. If King's an unc tom, I guess that makes THE 'King' a ****** with a good hip swivel. Spare me.
TEXAS BATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 04:47 PM   #64
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.

Congratulations on the la-z boy pic. I was beginning to wonder if there was any funny bone in that posting of yours. Guess who's The Bat is a old game. Save you the detective work no multiple account using on my end.

Though I do think you and sub are the same person. Two idiot posters who share the same initial. And his name does imply he's subbing for you. Though how you sub for a scrub beats me
TEXAS BATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 07:24 PM   #65
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXAS BATMAN
First off I haven't bought a cd in years. What's the point when I can download it on limewire. Join the new age gramps. I've heard some of King's most recent efforts. He has over 50, I repeat, 50 recorded albums. What sense would it make to keep recording the same type of sound over and over and over again. And calling the annointed, not self-proclaimed King of Blues an uncle tom lets me know you have the common sense of a mangy back alley tomcat and the neighbors should pelt you with canned goods. Don't equate a soul crooner who laments the struggle of not just his race, but ALL men, an uncle tom. If King's an unc tom, I guess that makes THE 'King' a ****** with a good hip swivel. Spare me.

i would say thats its not cool to download music so you can support the artist but i figure that they are rich anyway so fcuk it i have better things to spend my money on than CD's.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 11:50 PM   #66
JtotheIzzo
OOOHWEE Cleveland!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
i would say thats its not cool to download music so you can support the artist but i figure that they are rich anyway so fcuk it i have better things to spend my money on than CD's.

artists make a ton of money touring, and only a small portion of their revenue comes from record sales.

it is the record companies fault that downloading got out of control, they fought the technology so they could continue to sell you 25 cent CDs for $25.

record companies also try to sell us fads and jam music we should like down our throats by polluting the airwaves with drizzle.

on the internet you can find a good band that a record company may never have promoted, go see them live when they pass through your town and that will have benifited them more than you having bought their CD.

the internet allows the true artists to shine, not the corporate money making shills like all the crap pop acts out there today

downlaod away and never feel guilty again

dont believe the hype

The Rolling Stones grossed over ONE BILLION DOLLARS on their recent tour, do you think they care if you downloaded their music.

It is free advertising for the live show
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 02:46 AM   #67
SCdac
NBA rookie of the year

Not all bands make most of their money from tours, that's just untrue. Most bands can't even afford to tour twice a year, let alone year round. Sure, the Rolling Stones or U2 can make hella cash off huge elaborate tours, but they are established, immensly popular, bands... the vast majority of bands aren't. It takes CD sales and merchandise sales to keep these bands afloat. Gigs are only half the equation.

I have friends who literally put out records, and trust me it's not a joke to them when they hear their tunes have been leaked and people are downloading them for free. They put time, effort, and money into their music. It's their job, it's their lives. When somebody (downloader) is robbing you of any sort of monetary compensation, it can hurt, big time. And remember, most bands/artists aren't millionaires like Rolling Stones, etc. They can afford to take the downloading-hit, they made their fortune before any peer-to-peer file sharing was even dominant.

It's not the record companies fault for crap music, it's ours. We don't support the bands/artists we like anymore (ie going out and buying their tunes). You can't blame the record industries for feeding, already lazy and selfish people, crap music. Why do you think there's so much commercial crap on the radio/tv/etc? It's because these record industries have no way of knowing what's good if nobody buys the good stuff anymore. Stealing your music doesn't send a message to the music industry saying, "play more of this". It sends a message to bands/artists saying, "we don't like you enough to buy your product", and "we're comfortable keeping you unknown for the sake of our own wallets"... talk about biting the hand that feeds.

Some of you have this whole thing backwards imo. I know working artists, and I've seen it from their perspective, maybe I'm one of the few. It's not fun to see your work passed around for free, while you album is sitting on best buy shelf untouched. Sure, huge well-established bands/artists can shrug it off, but you've got to be kidding if you think every local, up and coming, band across the world can. Not even tours or gigs can save them from dwindling sales. And 90% of bands/artists don't have a convenient MTV presence to fall back on (eg, alot of these emo, mallpunk bands nowadays).

If I can get my friends to do one thing, it's this. If you're going to download, at least have some ethical standards. Sure, feel free to download from well established groups who won't be fazed in the slightest (Nirvana, Elton John, Beatles, Tupac, etc). But, if you're downloading from up-and-coming groups/artists, at least use the download as an indication of whether you're going to buy the CD or not... its the only right thing to do.

Last edited by SCdac : 12-08-2006 at 02:53 AM.
SCdac is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: