Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-03-2006, 02:53 AM   #1
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

Default The Doctors Advocate

1 "Lookin' at You" Ervin "EP" Pope 3:37
2 "Da ****" DJ Khalil 5:23
3 "It's Okay (One Blood)" Reefa Junior Reid 4:17
4 "Compton" will.i.am will.i.am 4:41
5 "Remedy" Just Blaze 2:57
6 "Let's Ride" Scott Storch 3:57
7 "Too Much" Scott Storch Nate Dogg 4:11
8 "Wouldn't Get Far" Kanye West Kanye West 4:11
9 "Scream On 'Em" Swizz Beatz 4:20
10 "One Night" Nottz 4:27
11 "Doctor's Advocate" Jonathan Rotem Busta Rhymes & Chauncey Black 5:03
12 "Ol' English" Hi-Tek Dion 4:44
13 "California Vacation" Jonathan Rotem Snoop Dogg & Xzibit 4:29
14 "Bang" Jelly Roll Tha Dogg Pound 3:37
15 "Around the World" Mr. Porter Jamie Foxx 4:02
16 "Why You Hate the Game" Just Blaze Nas & Marsha of Floetry 9:22
17 "I'm Chillin" (UK Bonus Track) The Neptunes Fergie 4:32

Best album out IMO...though I do dig the Blue Carpet Treatment as well.
But what makes this album are the beats man....I listed all the songs with the producers...

One Blood...Compton...Lets ride...Too Much...Wouldn't get far....Ol English...Bang...and Why you Hate the Game...are all classic tracks IMO.

I dont understand why so many people hate on him...but for the Game to come back after all the drama he went through I got to give him mad daps.
Say what you want but this album is banging...and if you think not you dont know what good music is.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 11:36 PM   #2
HeyManIt'sTom!
Can barely lace up my sneakers

All i wanna know is when 50 cents releasing a new album!!!
HeyManIt'sTom! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 11:37 PM   #3
HeyManIt'sTom!

He's way better than Game!!!
HeyManIt'sTom! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 01:50 PM   #4
heavensdevil
Michael Lee

Default re

real hiphop heads dont rate albums purely on beats.
heavensdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 03:43 PM   #5
King_CB

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyManIt'sTom!

IMO 50 is slowly falling, before you G Unit freaks start hating I've followed him since he travelled with JMJ then Nas and worked with Trackmasters (way before working with Em and Dre) so I know my sh*t. He WAS fire!

BTW rumor has it 50 will drop in spring '07. I liked 50 when he was hungry, he is the master of hook writing and makes bangers....as long as he doesn't beef with Nas I don't have a problem.

*Doctors Advocate* IMO is niiice. He proved he could make a good album without the Doc and 50. Standout tracks are 'Too Much', 'Wouldnt Get Far', the title track and 'Why you hate the Game' w/ Nas.

He def reppin the West Cizzoast...

Last edited by King_CB : 12-04-2006 at 03:47 PM.
King_CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:40 PM   #6
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Ol English is the ****
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:03 PM   #7
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

Im still not sure why I haven't torrented this yet. I am interested, to be sure. I liked his first album. One Blood is awesome. and I'm sure I'll like this one as well. just can't be bothered to download I guess. too excited for the new Nas.

oh and Game.. is not a good rapper. however he does know his niche and doesn't try to be more than he is. and he's also able to put a piece of his soul on a track every once in awhile and have it not sound completely forced. (Young Jeezy... sorry if I completely didn't buy "Soul Survivor") but hes not a good rapper overall. average at best. if Game is considered good that mostly just is saying that rappers suck nowadays. and I dont believe that's true.

Games verse on QB True G is pretty much the best verse of his career. and its a lot different from what he usually does. so hell, maybe he's gotten better and spits some fire on here. but I doubt it. mostly he just compliments beats well for most of his tracks. which is fine. thats what an MCs job was once upon a time. wasn't always about stringing together 20 metaphors into one verse and making a political statement.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 12:30 AM   #8
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyManIt'sTom!

I believe his album is set to release sometime in 2007, titled "Before I Self Destruct"

He said in an interview that he's making this album the way he would before he had the money and fame. I'm guessing this would be a good thing because his album wouldnt have that candy shop **** and best friends type songs.

I think it's going to be quite interesting to see how this turns out.
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 10:11 AM   #9
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
Im still not sure why I haven't torrented this yet. I am interested, to be sure. I liked his first album. One Blood is awesome. and I'm sure I'll like this one as well. just can't be bothered to download I guess. too excited for the new Nas.

oh and Game.. is not a good rapper. however he does know his niche and doesn't try to be more than he is. and he's also able to put a piece of his soul on a track every once in awhile and have it not sound completely forced. (Young Jeezy... sorry if I completely didn't buy "Soul Survivor") but hes not a good rapper overall. average at best. if Game is considered good that mostly just is saying that rappers suck nowadays. and I dont believe that's true.

Games verse on QB True G is pretty much the best verse of his career. and its a lot different from what he usually does. so hell, maybe he's gotten better and spits some fire on here. but I doubt it. mostly he just compliments beats well for most of his tracks. which is fine. thats what an MCs job was once upon a time. wasn't always about stringing together 20 metaphors into one verse and making a political statement.

And on this my friend you're a little bit out of your league. There's a reason why he's the hottest selling young artist of the last two years. I thought his last album was good but his flow didn't grab that much as his lyrics. This time around he improved a ton. The guy's hot. Haven't seen a guy this hungry since early DMX and bravado since All Eyes On Me Tupac. Surprises me you don't like this guy but you have your preferences.
TEXAS BATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 05:43 PM   #10
theinfamousmobb
Local High School Star

Doctors Advocate > The Big Bang = Blue Carpet Treatment > Laugh Now Cry Later > Kingdom Come
theinfamousmobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:48 AM   #11
warriors23
Banned

yeah realy like that album
warriors23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: