Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 12-06-2006, 01:21 PM   #1
hardfoul
I brick open layups

Default Almost 20 games into the season.......Jazz for real or not?

I really don't know why I don't think they are as good as their record indicates, but I'm really enjoying expecting a win every game. I LOVE how you've got multiple guys getting double figures rather than one guy get the bulk of the points. If they stay active on the floor (rebounding, defensively and keep the offense moving) I think they could do REALLY well, but I don't know if they will carry that all year.

I still think they'll hit a wall or something and be close to 50 wins. (which isn't bad at all---9 win increase from last year if they were to hit 50)

What's the opinions of the Jazz faithful?
hardfoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 01:56 PM   #2
Heretik32
Myrrh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardfoul
I really don't know why I don't think they are as good as their record indicates

Force of habit ;)

I for one think they are for real, and the only thing that could stop them badly is the injury bug. And that, I feel in my guts, will bite sooner or later, and rather sooner than later.
One thing that makes you think twice about the Jazz is how many games they've won by just one or two baskets. But that may also be a good thing (crunch time effectiveness).
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:04 PM   #3
hardfoul
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretik32
Force of habit ;)

I for one think they are for real, and the only thing that could stop them badly is the injury bug. And that, I feel in my guts, will bite sooner or later, and rather sooner than later.
One thing that makes you think twice about the Jazz is how many games they've won by just one or two baskets. But that may also be a good thing (crunch time effectiveness).

They've got SO MANY offensive weapons now and they rebound well. It's fun to see who's taking critical shots late in the close games. I believe Williams has done well getting the ball to whomever is open in those situations. I think the critical player is Williams as far as injury. They have enough options offensively that I think they can pick up the slack if something happens injury wise. This is BY FAR the deepest Jazz team ever. Sloan can (should?) go 10-12 deep every game.

When they've sucked, I think they've had LOW rebounding nights (shows activity/desire to play?). The Golden State and Laker games recently they just didn't seem like they were even on the floor. They didn't seem to rebound well and I think that translated to the rest of the game.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:55 PM   #4
Heretik32
Myrrh

You're right about the injury thing... AK missing a few games and now only slowly getting back to form barely even broke the Jazz's stride.

Maybe this'll be the season after all
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 07:59 PM   #5
Pre777
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardfoul
.I still think they'll hit a wall or something and be close to 50 wins. (which isn't bad at all---9 win increase from last year if they were to hit 50)

I think that 50 wins is a very good prediction. My worries with the Jazz is that when they are off, they are really really bad. They can be good enough to win some nights and blow you out some nights, but the nights that they are off, they quit at halftime.

They really need to overcome that tendency. I wonder how much longer they can keep letting the opposing teams' 2 guard go off for 30+ points? Plus, some of their biggest hiccups have come against teams who play zone defense. Deron needs to get back on track with his three point percentage. Okur looks slightly off offensively since Andrei came back too.

Just a few of my gripes...
Pre777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 08:41 PM   #6
lowblok
High School Varsity 6th Man

Yeah but like what's been mentioned already, when they WIN on the BOARDS they generally WIN the game. I think it's just an effort/energy type thing that you know Coach Sloan will rectify......

Remember all those close losses last year?.....I think this year they have shown a tendency to be very good down the stretch in a close contest.....All they need to do is get the start or the middle parts right.....

20 games they look pretty GOOD to me. It's just that there is a world wide expectancy from so called experts that there will be a fall. I believe it will be more like what Kragthorpe from the Salt Lake Tribune wrote "Jazz might stumble, but they won't crumble".

As for marking the opposing guards, Fisher & brown might be smaller BUT they can sure as hell stay in front of their man and put pressure on them. I still hope to see CJ & Brewer work their butts off to get back to atleast 10-12 mins a game.
lowblok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 09:17 PM   #7
hardfoul
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowblok
.......... I still hope to see CJ & Brewer work their butts off to get back to atleast 10-12 mins a game.

I love to see those guys work. They are both talented guys and if they work hard, they'll get plenty of minutes. Brewer is LONG like AK and could be a great defensive guy along with him having an accurate shot, he could become VERY valuable.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: