Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2011, 03:47 AM   #31
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty
 
Scholar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Swaggy P's Palace
Posts: 9,463
Default Re: why are white people such great shooters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflay
Well, the best shooter I mean shooters(just remembered another guy)

Next time you realize that you forgot to add something, here's a friendly tip:
Unless your keyboard is actually a typewriter and you print every post, then scan it to put it on your computer so you can upload it onto the internet, I'm pretty sure you have a backspace. Yes, the Backspace. Clearly, you meant shooters. Why the fck couldn't you just use the BACKSPACE to add the "s" into your "Well, the best shooter" statement? It makes no sense!
I know this is a silly thing for me to get annoyed about but I just don't understand why the fck... Oh, forget it. I mean fuck it (just remembered another word).

Anyway, no disrespect to you, OP, but this thread is dumb. Just stop stereotyping and realize that it's not the color of an individual's skin that makes him/her great. It's how much effort he/she puts into his/her game to become great.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 01:03 PM   #32
JohnWall2
JOHN WALL ALLDAYERRDAY
 
JohnWall2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Raleigh
Posts: 1,650
Default Re: why are white people such great shooters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
cant really practice slashing alone
JohnWall2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 04:58 PM   #33
northwinds
Banned
 
northwinds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 723
Default Re: why are white people such great shooters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison_Barnes
When your not the most athletic guy on the court.. you have to be a hell of a shooter.

Yep, that's why this unathletic white guy just practices his jumper.....dude can't jump....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG5zk...layer_embedded

LMAO
northwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:13 PM   #34
DUP
ambition
 
DUP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 427
Default Re: why are white people such great shooters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwinds
Yep, that's why this unathletic white guy just practices his jumper.....dude can't jump....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG5zk...layer_embedded

LMAO

sweet jesus
DUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:09 AM   #35
J21
Saw a basketball once
 
J21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 37
Default Re: why are white people such great shooters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwinds
Yep, that's why this unathletic white guy just practices his jumper.....dude can't jump....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG5zk...layer_embedded

LMAO

wow that was insane.. but it's not common for us white folk to be great natural jumpers.

btw i found a better quality version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHg3cZJpmhU
J21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:58 AM   #36
01amberfirewv
Serious playground baller
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 488
Default Re: why are white people such great shooters?

One of my favorite white boy dunks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DotSO6957qU

he could get up
01amberfirewv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:53 PM   #37
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.
 
bdreason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: HB, CA
Posts: 25,760
Default Re: why are white people such great shooters?

I'm sorry, but claiming that black players attack the rim more than white players because "it looks cool" is ridiculous. Black players attack the rim because it's a higher % shot, and they can.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 06:52 PM   #38
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic
 
Swaggin916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 4,405
Default Re: why are white people such great shooters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
I'm sorry, but claiming that black players attack the rim more than white players because "it looks cool" is ridiculous. Black players attack the rim because it's a higher % shot, and they can.

Agreed. I mean it's the same thing in Soccer... the guys who can get past their man will try to get past them for a higher percentage play whereas the guys who can't will settle for long distance shots more. Black players are just better at breaking down their men and gettign higher percentage shots.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 07:55 PM   #39
bobbyflay
I don't get picked last at the park anymore
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: winchester
Posts: 212
Default Re: why are white people such great shooters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar
Next time you realize that you forgot to add something, here's a friendly tip:
Unless your keyboard is actually a typewriter and you print every post, then scan it to put it on your computer so you can upload it onto the internet, I'm pretty sure you have a backspace. Yes, the Backspace. Clearly, you meant shooters. Why the fck couldn't you just use the BACKSPACE to add the "s" into your "Well, the best shooter" statement? It makes no sense!
I know this is a silly thing for me to get annoyed about but I just don't understand why the fck... Oh, forget it. I mean fuck it (just remembered another word).

Anyway, no disrespect to you, OP, but this thread is dumb. Just stop stereotyping and realize that it's not the color of an individual's skin that makes him/her great. It's how much effort he/she puts into his/her game to become great.

LOL alright man. Fitting post for your name.

I think this is more of a "what have you experienced" question. If you live in an area with new Vietnam transfers and white Americans, you probably will say that white Americans are freakishly athletic. Also, it's there parents that make their game better too...(genes)
bobbyflay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:03 PM   #40
northwinds
Banned
 
northwinds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 723
Default Re: why are white people such great shooters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J21
wow that was insane.. but it's not common for us white folk to be great natural jumpers.

Racist much?.....next thing you know you will be telling us that blacks don't have the intellectual ability to play quarterback in the NFL......
northwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:22 PM   #41
J21
Saw a basketball once
 
J21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 37
Default Re: why are white people such great shooters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwinds
Racist much?.....next thing you know you will be telling us that blacks don't have the intellectual ability to play quarterback in the NFL......
actually yeah, they usually score less on the wonderlic test, and it's not like the NFL is filled with black quaterbacks.
That ain't being racist, that's being honest.
J21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:59 PM   #42
Kombo
:)
 
Kombo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 859
Default Re: why are white people such great shooters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J21
actually yeah, they usually score less on the wonderlic test, and it's not like the NFL is filled with black quaterbacks.
That ain't being racist, that's being honest.

The percentage of blacks in the US is like 10-15%.

There are 32 NFL teams.

Some black quarterbacks that started a game this year in the NFL:

Donovan McNabb, David Garrard, Jason Campbell, Michael Vick, Josh Freeman, Vince Young, Troy Smith, Joe Webb, Seneca Wallace.

I'm sure there are some more too. That's about a third of the teams using black quarterbacks as starters.

And lets be honest, being an NFL quarterback doesn't require you to be a rocket scientist.
Kombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:30 PM   #43
01amberfirewv
Serious playground baller
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 488
Default Re: why are white people such great shooters?

I still don't know why we are saying players play a particular way because of their skin color. I tell the players I work with that they are not black or white players, they are just players who happen to be black or white. When I think of Majic and Bird I don't think of a white player and a black player I think of two of the greatest. They played different but they grew up in two completely different towns.
01amberfirewv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:11 AM   #44
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic
 
Swaggin916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 4,405
Default Re: why are white people such great shooters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kombo
The percentage of blacks in the US is like 10-15%.

There are 32 NFL teams.

Some black quarterbacks that started a game this year in the NFL:

Donovan McNabb, David Garrard, Jason Campbell, Michael Vick, Josh Freeman, Vince Young, Troy Smith, Joe Webb, Seneca Wallace.

I'm sure there are some more too. That's about a third of the teams using black quarterbacks as starters.

And lets be honest, being an NFL quarterback doesn't require you to be a rocket scientist.

How many of those guys are good? How many have won a superbowl?

I'm not saying it's cus their dumb, but nobody has been able to win a bowl with a black Qb besides the Redskins with Doug Williams... and he wasn't the reason they were good, but he did have a good superbowl. I think it comes down to them being able to run... most of them when in high school and college could just run over and around people, so they never got the basics of throwing and were too old to be taught and apply it when in the NFL. It's like drafting a guy who has no jumpshot or can't finish at the rim... chances are very low that he is going to develop one. It's very relevant to what we are talking about actually.

it does come down to percentage numbers too tho. There aren't very many people who can play the QB position at the highest level very effectively no matter what race they are... and whites outnumbering blacks like 4-1 in the US does make a difference.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 03:01 AM   #45
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty
 
Scholar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Swaggy P's Palace
Posts: 9,463
Default Re: why are white people such great shooters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
It's like drafting a guy who has no jumpshot or can't finish at the rim... chances are very low that he is going to develop one.

Jason Kidd came into the league with limited shooting ability. Now he sits as one of the top 3-pters made leaders in the league all-time.
I can't believe this is still being discussed. I mean, c'mon, guys. Unless you're a dumbass who has been living under a rock, you need to realize that race is just a man-made term. The only true race that exists among us is the human race.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:24 AM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook


















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy