Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2011, 07:09 AM   #46
chairman
The Return
 
chairman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: why are white people such great shooters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinJackal
Hope this doesn't come off as racist, but this is my observation from experience.

White guys usually just shoot when they play eachother, rather than drive and do flashy stuff. My brother pretty much only shot jumpers, so he's a good shooter, but can't do anything in the post and can barely hit contested layups to save his life.

You're basically just good at what you grew up doing most of the time. Black kids tend to like the speedy flashy parts of basketball since it makes you look cool, white guys like the shooting and stuff that helps you actually win the games.

My game looks pretty bad, but I usually win 1v1 and 2v2, because I have good defense, an ugly but good slashing moveset, and can hit jumpers. Pretty much the opposite of the flashy/cool game that some black guys have.

To me though (a white guy), I'd rather win (especially win big) than look good but lose. Of course. . .plenty of black guys have good jumpers too. My friend Lawrence had a badass jumper, good dribbles, good D', good slashing moves, was fast, etc. Whole package pretty much.

Anyway can be good, but that's just my guess as to why the random white guy seems to have the same generic game, just like the random black guy seems to have their same generic game. It's just how they play I guess :P

White guys want to have good dribbles, and black guys want to shoot well, but they just don't do it enough to be good at it.
So if im half white/black i am legend?
chairman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:20 AM   #47
J21
Saw a basketball once
 
J21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 37
Default Re: why are white people such great shooters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar
Jason Kidd came into the league with limited shooting ability. Now he sits as one of the top 3-pters made leaders in the league all-time.
I can't believe this is still being discussed. I mean, c'mon, guys. Unless you're a dumbass who has been living under a rock, you need to realize that race is just a man-made term. The only true race that exists among us is the human race.
there is scientific proof that western africans have better fast twitch muscles than other ethnicities.

Say what you want, but race is a factor in your physical development.
J21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:21 AM   #48
Lakerlove420
a LAKER & a DODGER fan
 
Lakerlove420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: (805) So Cal
Posts: 2,443
Default Re: why are white people such great shooters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakerlove420
White Men Can't Jump

negged for this post lol..
thanks un-signed negger..

(I wish I could neg myself for this post
Lakerlove420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:22 PM   #49
JohnWall2
JOHN WALL ALLDAYERRDAY
 
JohnWall2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Raleigh
Posts: 1,650
Default Re: why are white people such great shooters?

dis thread turned to da wrong direction
JohnWall2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:30 AM   #50
AirTupac
Banned
 
AirTupac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 11,793
Default Re: why are white people such great shooters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J21
there is scientific proof that western africans have better fast twitch muscles than other ethnicities.

Say what you want, but race is a factor in your physical development.

Pretty much. They also have the ability to train their fast twitch muscles into slow twitch muscles as well so they get the best of both worlds.
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:59 AM   #51
01amberfirewv
Serious playground baller
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 488
Default Re: why are white people such great shooters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirTupac
Pretty much. They also have the ability to train their fast twitch muscles into slow twitch muscles as well so they get the best of both worlds.


Then they aren't really fast twitch muscles. Fast slow twitch cannot be changed there is a third type that can take on characteristics of the other two. Everybody has this type but some have it more than others. I doubt that this is true with all blacks though because most Americans, white or black have ancestors from all over the world. Genetically speaking there is more difference between a white person with dark hair and a red head than that same white person and someone with dark skin. Its a pointless debate though.

I guess Kenya would be eastern Africa but I would guess that Kenyans would have more slow twitch fibers than others

Last edited by 01amberfirewv : 02-19-2011 at 12:09 PM.
01amberfirewv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:54 PM   #52
AirTupac
Banned
 
AirTupac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 11,793
Default Re: why are white people such great shooters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01amberfirewv
Then they aren't really fast twitch muscles. Fast slow twitch cannot be changed there is a third type that can take on characteristics of the other two. Everybody has this type but some have it more than others. I doubt that this is true with all blacks though because most Americans, white or black have ancestors from all over the world. Genetically speaking there is more difference between a white person with dark hair and a red head than that same white person and someone with dark skin. Its a pointless debate though.

I guess Kenya would be eastern Africa but I would guess that Kenyans would have more slow twitch fibers than others

Fast twitch muscles can be trained into slow twitch muscles while slow twitch muscles can only remain the same.
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 04:07 PM   #53
northwinds
Banned
 
northwinds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 723
Default Re: why are white people such great shooters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J21
there is scientific proof that western africans have better fast twitch muscles than other ethnicities.

Say what you want, but race is a factor in your physical development.

And there is sceintific evidence that the average IQ in Sub-Saharan Africa in about 72......thus, the lack of good black QBs in the NFL? "Say what you want, but race is a factor"....LOL
northwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 06:54 AM   #54
J21
Saw a basketball once
 
J21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 37
Default Re: why are white people such great shooters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwinds
And there is sceintific evidence that the average IQ in Sub-Saharan Africa in about 72......thus, the lack of good black QBs in the NFL? "Say what you want, but race is a factor"....LOL
I don't know what you're talking about, but unless you have something interesting to say, write it down in an articulate and comprehensive way, otherwise, shut the **** up.
J21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:07 AM   #55
C-Webb4
Rondoooooooooooooooooo
 
C-Webb4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,287
Default Re: why are white people such great shooters?

Because they have to make up for a lack of leaping ability.

/thread
C-Webb4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:15 AM   #56
northwinds
Banned
 
northwinds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 723
Default Re: why are white people such great shooters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J21
I don't know what you're talking about, but unless you have something interesting to say, write it down in an articulate and comprehensive way, otherwise, shut the **** up.

Dude....you're the one that brought up genetic racial differences, claiming blacks are superior to whites in jumping ability....I just took your argument to its logical end....sorry you can't comprehend a simple paragraph.....that's a "you" problem.
northwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:51 PM   #57
pauk
NBA Legend
 
pauk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,293
Default Re: why are white people such great shooters?

Im white 6'0" tall
got 38" vertical last time i measured
yes i can dunk, im fast also

but i would trade all my athleticism for a larry bird stroke
i put up at least 2000 shots everyday
nothing beats the sound of swish
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 06:22 PM   #58
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic
 
Swaggin916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 4,405
Default Re: why are white people such great shooters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar
Jason Kidd came into the league with limited shooting ability. Now he sits as one of the top 3-pters made leaders in the league all-time.
I can't believe this is still being discussed. I mean, c'mon, guys. Unless you're a dumbass who has been living under a rock, you need to realize that race is just a man-made term. The only true race that exists among us is the human race.

A set shot is different. Jason Kidd still can't make a jump shot, only a set 3. You can get like a million reps a day at those... not that impressive. still have to give him his props for developing one, cus like I said, the chances are low that someone who can't do it coming into the league become effective at it.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:01 AM   #59
J21
Saw a basketball once
 
J21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 37
Default Re: why are white people such great shooters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwinds
Dude....you're the one that brought up genetic racial differences, claiming blacks are superior to whites in jumping ability....I just took your argument to its logical end....sorry you can't comprehend a simple paragraph.....that's a "you" problem.
they are. they have more fast twitch muscles

end of discussion. you didn't provide any facts, you just tried to make a weak straw man argument and failed miserably.
J21 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:57 PM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook


















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy