Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-29-2011, 11:54 PM   #1
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Cool Ask Grinder anything about basketball.

You can check out more of my thoughts on my hoops blog
Highlight videos can be found on my Youtube channel.
Work in progress.

I'm a huge basketball fan and I feel like I'm pretty well versed on anything NBA/NCAA/International/and some high school teams/players, so I encourage you to ask any basketball question/opinion you wish to know.

A little bit about myself:
Favorite teams: Sixers (hometown team), Mavericks, T-Wolves
All time favorite players: Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Shaq, Steve Nash, Charles Barkley, Shaq
Current players I'm a fan of: Blake Griffin, Demarcus Cousins, Steve Nash, Amar'e Stoudemire, Baron Davis, Kevin Love, John Wall, Ricky Rubio, Dirk Nowitzki
Favorite game: Bulls-Jazz NBA Finals '98 (entire series)

Last edited by Grinder : 01-23-2012 at 10:58 PM.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:56 PM   #2
ReturnofJPR
Mirotic: Euro MVP '13

ReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this board
Default Re: Ask Grinder anything about basketball.

Can the San Antonio Spurs continue their pace? Why or why not?
ReturnofJPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:01 AM   #3
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Prime Lamar Odom vs. Prime Horace Grant

Who's the better player?
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:03 AM   #4
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR
Can the San Antonio Spurs continue their pace? Why or why not?

Provided they stay injury free, I don't see why not. What I love about the Spurs this season is the way they've spread out the scoring load without being so reliant on Duncan/Manu/Parker. They comfortably go 9-10 deep and that's a must for any championship contending team. There's always the concern for injuries with this team but Pop seems to be doing a great job massaging his stars' minutes.

The improved play of Richard Jefferson has to continue for this team to succeed as well. I really like their bench too. They've got all the elements of a championship team and I personally think they're slightly better than the Lakers.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:05 AM   #5
ashbelly
NBA sixth man of the year

ashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this board

I need some of andrew bynum's high school Video clips.
ashbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:05 AM   #6
Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Prime Lamar Odom vs. Prime Horace Grant

Who's the better player?

In terms of talent, I would say Lamar Odom easily.

Who would I want as a role playing power forward for a championship team with stars already in place? Horace Grant.

Still, Odom is the better player.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:07 AM   #7
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

What's your thoughts on Ty Lawson\Afflalo? ceilings,comparisons etc.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:08 AM   #8
ashbelly
NBA sixth man of the year

ashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Why is Hassan Whiteside not getting alot of playing time ?
ashbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:08 AM   #9
DeronMillsap
Banned

DeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

How good will Philly's Morris(Kansas) Twins be in the NBA?
DeronMillsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:09 AM   #10
LakerDefense8
Banned

LakerDefense8 has not been impressing people

If you can take any player for one year to win the NBA Finals, who would you pick?
LakerDefense8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:09 AM   #11
Stillatitdamnit
Banned

Stillatitdamnit posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryStillatitdamnit posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryStillatitdamnit posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Do you share my opinion that Griffin has a way higher ceiling than Howard?
Stillatitdamnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:16 AM   #12
Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
What's your thoughts on Ty Lawson\Afflalo? ceilings,comparisons etc.

I really like both of these guys, more as good role players than star players, however.

Ty Lawson - already think he's better than a lot of starting PGs and would be awesome in an uptempo system like the Knicks run, possibly even better than Ray Felton. I think his ceiling is an 18/8 type of guy.

Arron Afflalo - I think he's a much better offensive player than he's given credit for and it'll be apparent after Melo leaves this season. Guys with his defensive and shooting ability are invaluable for good teams with a star swingman and he can pretty much fit into any situation. In the right situation he can be a 16 ppg guy with good defense on a very good team.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:18 AM   #13
Batz
Shit just got serious

Batz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbelly
Heat should've drafted that guy..
Batz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:19 AM   #14
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

How long do you think Blake Griffin will be a Clipper?

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:22 AM   #15
Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbelly

1. Whiteside is still pretty raw and doesn't have a great idea of system basketball.
2. He's stuck behind 4 better players at the moment in Cousins, Landry, Dalembert and Thompson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeronMillsap
How good will Philly's Morris(Kansas) Twins be in the NBA?

I've seen these guys play since high school and have always thought they were NBA talents. Both guys are pretty versatile and can do a little bit of everything (Especially Marcus) but don't have star potential by any means. Marcus has more perimeter skills, but Markieff's a bit bigger and is a better rebounder/post defender. I can see Marcus being a start, but Markieff is probably a solid backup 4/5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerDefense8
If you can take any player for one year to win the NBA Finals, who would you pick?

Despite my dislike for the guy, with the right supporting cast, it'd have to be LeBron James.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillatitdamnit
Do you share my opinion that Griffin has a way higher ceiling than Howard?
I wouldn't say way higher, because Howard is a pretty damn good player already, but yes, I do believe Blake can become an even better player than Dwight Howard simply due to his heavy offensive advantage over Dwight.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: