Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Oklahoma City Thunder Forum

Oklahoma City Thunder Forum Oklahoma City Thunder forum - OKC Thunder message board

Old 07-07-2010, 10:48 AM   #1
BlackWhiteGreen
NBA lottery pick

BlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this board
Default Kevin Durant signs 5 year extension

Durant is signing 5-year extension: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=6148

According to the man himself on twitter:

Quote:
Exstension for 5 more years wit the #thunder....God Is Great, me and my family came a long way...I love yall man forreal, this a blessing!

http://twitter.com/KDthunderup

Spears (Yahoo) is reporting it'll be $85m

Quote:
While salary numbers will be set tomorrow, Durant is expected to get about $85 million over five years in extension.

http://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo

Last edited by insidehoops : 07-07-2010 at 11:50 AM.
BlackWhiteGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:49 AM   #2
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Kevin Durant signs 5 year extension

Good for him. I'm glad someone gets this stuff away as fast as they can.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:51 AM   #3
I am that I am
Banned

I am that I am has an OK reputation so far

good to see some stars arent egotists and have some franchise loyalty
I am that I am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:51 AM   #4
bballer
bballer

bballer has decent reputationbballer has decent reputation

KD is a freakin stud.
bballer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:52 AM   #5
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Durant is the man. Get it over with so they can concentrate on getting better.
ProfessorMurder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:52 AM   #6
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

Great move for OKC and Durant.
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:59 AM   #7
mamba24
read this you homer

mamba24 has decent reputationmamba24 has decent reputation

now melo has to sign his...and lebron make up his freakin mind.
mamba24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:32 AM   #8
Harison
The Awakening

Harison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this board

Good for Durant and OKC, team is very young but with a lot of potential, they almost gave heart attack to Lakers in last Playoffs, and most OKC core players are like 5 years from prime! If management wont screw up and health allows, they will be definite powerhouse, and very soon.
Harison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:36 AM   #9
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It doesn't count unless he has a prime time special.

Note: OKC is a hard team to hate, isn't it? Smart as hell...good players, good gm, makes smart moves, in no hurry...
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:45 AM   #10
Apocalyptic0n3
The End Is Near

Apocalyptic0n3 has not been impressing people

The Thunder have a core of Westbrook-Sefolosha-Harden-Durant-Green-Aldrich. The oldest person in that core? Sefolosha, age 26. That is scary as hell. They have three players who could be perennial all stars (Westbrook, Harden, and Durant), two capable of superstar status (Westbrook, Durant), and two others who could be all star worthy in a few seasons (Green and Aldrich).

Holy hell. And their bench is young too, barring Kevin Ollie, Etan Thomas, and Kristic. Could a small market team possibly get their own dynasty?
Apocalyptic0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:08 PM   #11
alwaysunny
in Brooklyn

alwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Hurry up and be the best player in the league.
alwaysunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:20 PM   #12
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Nice move, I'm officially a Durant fan. Always thought lebron was overrated.
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:38 PM   #13
Thunderstruck
Serious playground baller

Thunderstruck is considered somewhat coolThunderstruck is considered somewhat cool

To all the people who said Durant would never sign with OKC, suck...on...it. So glad to have him here long term.
Thunderstruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:44 PM   #14
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Durant never hinted he wouldnt sign an extension. He's said many times he enjoys OKC and it fits his personality. This isnt a surprise at all.

Is 5yrs $85mil the most OKC could offer him in an extension? I know there are rules of how much you can make given the years in the NBA. I wonder what the yearly breakdown looks like. Trying to figure out what player in the NBA signed a similar deal to get a sense of how the year to year salaries look.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:47 PM   #15
ronnymac
NBA lottery pick

ronnymac has an OK reputation so far

After LBJ this is the 2nd biggest Signature. This sets up the Thunder to be a contender for years to come. Imagine this kid in his prime?. wow
ronnymac is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: