Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2006, 03:47 PM   #16
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian
 
L.Kizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Houston, TX -
Posts: 35,527
L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation
Default

Damon Wayans just got banned from the Laugh Factory for 3 months for using the 'N-Word' and talking about Michael Richards
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 03:51 PM   #17
305Baller
LeBron's ex-girlfriend
 
305Baller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 6,570
305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board
Default

haha. That Rush Hour clip still cracks me up.
305Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 03:54 PM   #18
305Baller
LeBron's ex-girlfriend
 
305Baller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 6,570
305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board
Default

What did Wayans say? This N-Word situation is getting rediculous already.... we need set rules...
305Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 04:08 PM   #19
JalenRawley
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 904
JalenRawley has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
All I'm saying is people overreact to sensitivity, even when it has nothing to do with racism.

When Andy Dork says "You all are a bunch of n-----rs", he's not making fun of black people, he's making fun of Michael Richards. Anyone with even a hint of an IQ can discern the difference.

If you are in the audience and are black or any other race, you shouldn't say "OMG, Andy Dork said the n word!", you should be laughing saying "Yeah, that Michael Richards, what a moron!." That's what comedy is all about.

That's what comedy is about - mocking all the strange happenings in society....no matter what the topic.

You've already got the key to the whole thing here Bagel:

Anyone with even a hint of an IQ can discern the difference.

The overwhelming majority of Americans are lacking a hint of an IQ. People only take things on face value and rarely look further for clarification, explanation, or reason behind it. They take their initial reaction to it, ignore all facts, reasoning and logic and think that everyone else in the world should feel the same way they do.

The problem is not what Michael Richards did. The problem is not what Andy **** did based upon what Michael Richards did. The problem is that the people who are bothered by such things don't possess the maturity and mental capacity to just separate themselves from the things they don't like. Don't like a television show? Don't watch it. Don't like a magazine? Don't read it. Don't like a movie? Don't go and see it. Don't like a band? Don't buy their album or go to their concert. But no, in their grand ignorance they think that we all should feel the same way as them and therefore the things they do not like should cease to exist, and if we do not feel the same way as them, we are wrong and need to be protected from the things they do not like.

But again, it's a mature, educated, intelligent way of life, and Americans just aren't ready for that.

I'd rather have a million Michael Richards yelling racist remarks at ignorant people (yes, the *******s who were talking and heckling during his routine were ignorant, inconsiderate pieces of ****, regardless of race) than just one ignorant piece of **** who smiles to your face, then once the door is closed he's yelling, "Get a ****in' job, ******." The alternating beauty and ugliness of America is that both are absolutely free to do so. The only thing the American people have to learn to do is cope with the reality and stay away from the things we don't like.. and you know how great the American people are at learning things.
JalenRawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 04:57 PM   #20
final.wrath
Banned
 
final.wrath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,733
final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
I've been to many, many countries around the world.

How many have you been to?

How much do you read up on the inequalities that exist in this society as compared to others?

Or do you just spout patriotic propaganda as if it's fact?


what countries have you been to? in my experience in europe they are more open about disliking immigrants than we are here.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 05:05 PM   #21
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light
 
Knoe Itawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,215
Knoe Itawl has not been impressing people
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenRawley
You've already got the key to the whole thing here Bagel:

Anyone with even a hint of an IQ can discern the difference.

The overwhelming majority of Americans are lacking a hint of an IQ. People only take things on face value and rarely look further for clarification, explanation, or reason behind it. They take their initial reaction to it, ignore all facts, reasoning and logic and think that everyone else in the world should feel the same way they do.

The problem is not what Michael Richards did. The problem is not what Andy **** did based upon what Michael Richards did. The problem is that the people who are bothered by such things don't possess the maturity and mental capacity to just separate themselves from the things they don't like. Don't like a television show? Don't watch it. Don't like a magazine? Don't read it. Don't like a movie? Don't go and see it. Don't like a band? Don't buy their album or go to their concert. But no, in their grand ignorance they think that we all should feel the same way as them and therefore the things they do not like should cease to exist, and if we do not feel the same way as them, we are wrong and need to be protected from the things they do not like.

But again, it's a mature, educated, intelligent way of life, and Americans just aren't ready for that.

I'd rather have a million Michael Richards yelling racist remarks at ignorant people (yes, the *******s who were talking and heckling during his routine were ignorant, inconsiderate pieces of ****, regardless of race) than just one ignorant piece of **** who smiles to your face, then once the door is closed he's yelling, "Get a ****in' job, ******." The alternating beauty and ugliness of America is that both are absolutely free to do so. The only thing the American people have to learn to do is cope with the reality and stay away from the things we don't like.. and you know how great the American people are at learning things.

So let me get this straight, let's say the people heckling him WERE ignorant. That's an excuse to attack their WHOLE RACE and thus people who had nothing to do with the heckling?

Wow.
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 05:09 PM   #22
Jerm
I'm trying to improve myself. I'm the new, better Jerm
 
Jerm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Okokomaiko
Posts: 965
Jerm has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305Baller
What did Wayans say? This N-Word situation is getting rediculous already.... we need set rules...


The only rule you need is for everybody (both black/white) to stop saying it. That way, when you say it everyone knows what you really mean. I commend Laugh Factory for a job well done, ban those nigg@s who can't keep the N-word out of their mouths.
Jerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 05:13 PM   #23
LongBeachLakers
Local High School Star
 
LongBeachLakers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 1,234
LongBeachLakers has an OK reputation so far
Default

Why do some Blacks let a word bother them so much? You say the "N" word and black people gets hurt, feel pain or some would become violent... You call a white person a "Cracker", they brush it off or laugh it off... you call a chinese person "*****".... they probably don't really care... you call blacks "the N Word"... they feel enraged and become violent... LOL
LongBeachLakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 05:15 PM   #24
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light
 
Knoe Itawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,215
Knoe Itawl has not been impressing people
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBeachLakers
Why do some Blacks let a word bother them so much? You say the "N" word and black people gets hurt, feel pain or some would become violent... You call a white person a "Cracker", they brush it off or laugh it off... you call a chinese person "*****".... they probably don't really care... you call blacks "the N Word"... they feel enraged and become violent... LOL

so much ignorance in this world, it's depressing.

I suggest you read up on the history of this country to understand your question, because right now you're quite clueless.
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 06:04 PM   #25
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year
 
DatZNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,845
DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool
Default

Quote:
Why do some Blacks let a word bother them so much? You say the "N" word and black people gets hurt, feel pain or some would become violent... You call a white person a "Cracker", they brush it off or laugh it off... you call a chinese person "*****".... they probably don't really care... you call blacks "the N Word"... they feel enraged and become violent... LOL
You're right because cracker and ***** are the same as ******.

I don't get what was so ignorant about the dudes he directed his rant at. You realize he jumped on them first because he was mad they arrived in a large group during the middle of his set. It's a different video and I don't care enough to go back and try to find it again, but he immediately started with something like "here come some dirty mexicans and ******s." The "heckling" as you put it began in response.

Either way, I didn't see Andy ****'s thing but I honestly could laugh about someone making fun of KKKramer. I'd have to see it
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 07:15 PM   #26
JalenRawley
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 904
JalenRawley has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
So let me get this straight, let's say the people heckling him WERE ignorant. That's an excuse to attack their WHOLE RACE and thus people who had nothing to do with the heckling?

Wow.

No, it's an excuse to attack those people with the best weapon he could think of at the time. It pissed him off, so he went right for the big guns. Instead of busting on the guy's appearance, his hair, his clothes, his taste in women, he went right for what he -knew- would piss the guy off: his race.
JalenRawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 07:21 PM   #27
jbrown3
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
jbrown3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 16
jbrown3 has an OK reputation so far
Default Historical ties to the word

Using the N word in any other situation other than an academic, literary setting, or other serious setting that does not put light to the word is wrong. There's no other way around, it should not be a source for laughs and it's not because humans no matter what country they are in are too sensitive.

It's because of the historical connotaion that it contains. It's tied to the worst period of American history. Using it lightly and comically almost shows utter disrespect for those who went through the horrible cruelty of slavery from which the word came forth. The N word is not simply just a word that has lost it's meaning in society over time. The historical connections that N word brings up are so recent and even if they weren't recent, are still of extreme importance to any person in the world, let alone America. So when someone decides to derive humor or relieve rage with the N word, they are saying that the absolutely disgusting act of slavery, cruelty, and white power are ok to put lightness to and to not take seriously.
jbrown3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 07:47 PM   #28
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star
 
picc84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Wash. D.C.
Posts: 8,676
picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenRawley
No, it's an excuse to attack those people with the best weapon he could think of at the time. It pissed him off, so he went right for the big guns. Instead of busting on the guy's appearance, his hair, his clothes, his taste in women, he went right for what he -knew- would piss the guy off: his race.

You think he was justified in it? Does "you're not funny" really warrant a 5 minute tirade? Wow.

Edit: Are you black?
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 07:49 PM   #29
ALlArOuNDPIaya
Rational on Kobe
 
ALlArOuNDPIaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 467
ALlArOuNDPIaya has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm
The only rule you need is for everybody (both black/white) to stop saying it. That way, when you say it everyone knows what you really mean. I commend Laugh Factory for a job well done, ban those nigg@s who can't keep the N-word out of their mouths.
hypocritical of you jerm?
ALlArOuNDPIaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 08:01 PM   #30
Diesel J
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,630
Diesel J has decent reputationDiesel J has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBeachLakers
Why do some Blacks let a word bother them so much? You say the "N" word and black people gets hurt, feel pain or some would become violent... You call a white person a "Cracker", they brush it off or laugh it off... you call a chinese person "*****".... they probably don't really care... you call blacks "the N Word"... they feel enraged and become violent... LOL

Are you serious? Do you know the histroy behind these words?
Diesel J is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:53 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy