Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 02-13-2011, 12:30 PM   #16
J21
Can barely lace up my sneakers

J21 has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Life after Basketball :'(

I'm currently in a similiar situation.
My varsity eligibility ends this year but I've been playing for a different (normal men's league) team the whole season. I'm going to a college in the UK and i'm hoping that there will be some way to play ball there. But I'm kind of skeptic:/ And I know that at 6'6 220 they are gonna force me play center which i HATE
J21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:12 PM   #17
DUP
ambition

DUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i miss my high school basketball days
DUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 03:58 PM   #18
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

AirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Well its all over for me. I kept my head high cause at least I'm done with these idiotic coachs that blew from the beginning. I'll begin training after a small break to rest up.
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:18 PM   #19
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'll just reiterate, there's a lot to be gained from the game after your official team days are over. The freedom with which you can now play the game is terribly underrated. The game becomes beautiful, a gift. Sometimes it's easy to forget that after all the coaching, morning practices, zone traps, wind sprints, and burnouts.
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:02 PM   #20
sh0wtime

sh0wtime has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
Hey, I felt the same. exact. way. When my senior basketball season came to an unceremonious close, I was certain that basketball, for all intensive purposes, was all over. I knew of the former high school players who would come back to open gym out of shape and all colleged out. I figured my athletic decline was on the horizon.

As it turns out, one of the most beautiful aspects of basketball is the fact that it may carry on within your life for years to come. Surely, your days playing on an official team may be over (with tons of fans, sweet jerseys, official statistics, etc.) but there's still a lot to be gained from just playing ball.

I have heard one's athletic peak is right around the age of 27. In theory, that gives you guys each about 10 years before you even reach your peak. If you chose, you could improve your game further and further over that time. Even as a full-time college student and now as a full-time employee, I make time for basketball whenever I can. A lot of my favorite moments in basketball have occured only since I graduated high school. I can do things on the court now that I never dreamed of eight years ago.

There's honestly something to be said for being free and playing basketball on your own regard whenever you want. I was a little burned out on basketball after my senior year of high school. I've thought about how it would've been cool to play college ball just so I could say I played college ball. But truly, I think I've gained more enjoyment and satisfaction from playing when and how I wanted than if I were a role player at a random, non-fan-friendly low level college.

Point: There's a whole lot of basketball left in all of you post-high school if you want there to be. Why does it have to end now?

I'll just reiterate, there's a lot to be gained from the game after your official team days are over. The freedom with which you can now play the game is terribly underrated. The game becomes beautiful, a gift. Sometimes it's easy to forget that after all the coaching, morning practices, zone traps, wind sprints, and burnouts.

You have just described myself! Good post.

For me basketball freedom is like a sanctuary, its like meditation, its like euphoria, it instantly relieves all stress from anything in my everyday stuff, its nothing but me and the sound of me alone in the court, ball bounce echoes, the sound of swish, its beautiful.

What many people dont realise, you dont get payed to play pro basketball (to have fun), you get payed for the hard work, pain, blood and ridicilous amount of 24/7 stress you are going to feel 12 hours a day (not to mention the other hours you sleep which you cant sleep out anyways because of the stress). You are payed to be a controlled robot! You are payed to wake up 5 in the morning, run, work your shoulders, abs, run some more, work your pecs, run again, work your biceps and then spend the rest of the time working on X's & O's and millions of plays you especially as a pointguard have to engrave in your head, then you go to bed and travel to a whole different timezone, you have slept only 1-2 hours and have to workout 10 hours again and go thru this vast crap of bs again, the pressure of having to do this and that and this and that makes you wanna hate basketball, because it stresses you out more than anything right now.

Thats not basketball anymore, thats not your sanctuary anymore.

Last edited by sh0wtime : 02-16-2011 at 06:35 PM.
sh0wtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:52 PM   #21
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0wtime
You have just described myself! Good post.

For me basketball freedom is like a sanctuary, its like meditation, its like euphoria, it instantly relieves all stress from anything in my everyday stuff, its nothing but me and the sound of me alone in the court, ball bounce echoes, the sound of swish, its beautiful.

What many people dont realise, you dont get payed to play pro basketball (to have fun), you get payed for the hard work, pain, blood and ridicilous amount of 24/7 stress you are going to feel 12 hours a day (not to mention the other hours you sleep which you cant sleep out anyways because of the stress). You are payed to be a controlled robot! You are payed to wake up 5 in the morning, run, work your shoulders, abs, run some more, work your pecs, run again, work your biceps and then spend the rest of the time working on X's & O's and millions of plays you especially as a pointguard have to engrave in your head, then you go to bed and travel to a whole different timezone, you have slept only 1-2 hours and have to workout 10 hours again and go thru this vast crap of bs again, the pressure of having to do this and that and this and that makes you wanna hate basketball, because it stresses you out more than anything right now.

Thats not basketball anymore, thats not your sanctuary anymore.

It's not THAT hard, it's not easy ... but you're overrating the hard work that we do.
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:37 PM   #22
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

AirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maga_1
It's not THAT hard, it's not easy ... but you're overrating the hard work that we do.

I would love to be paid to play basketball. I'd work 24/7 and O.T for THAT job.
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:15 PM   #23
sh0wtime

sh0wtime has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maga_1

Now i dont know what kindof "pro" basketball you are playing, but i'm talking about FIBA, i played for "Basketligan" Sweden, team called Boras and when i turned 23 i played for NLB Croatian FIBA league at that time in a team called "Crvena Zvezda", which was one of the best fr. Yugoslavian teams. Had a 2 month tryout with them, made the team and under the next 3 months of 24/7 drills, basketball, weightlifting, pressure and stress with them i injured myself and re-injured myself again (ACL) and decided to just let the shit go. http://www.kkcrvenazvezda.rs/

Next thing i know, i had ridicilously hard time getting a decent job considering i dont have an education because i wasted my entire life trying to play pro basketball in stupid Europe. Its not worth it, if you want to be serious about basketball then go to USA and put all your focus and work ethic into it, i know somebody will accept basketball in Europe but you will regret for the rest of your life for not making the move to the big League, namely NCAA and then NBA. You will never get serious recignition from NBA scouts in Europe unless you are a gods gift to basketball, many specifically pointguards goes unnoticed despite and the recignition comes very late anyways IF you get any scout recognition, which means you always come to the NBA very late and the next thing you know you are out of your prime and warm the bench in the NBA.

And for gods sake, dont make the same mistake as me, make absolutely sure you have a decent education so you have something to fall back on, it takes only one decent injury and thats it.
sh0wtime is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: