Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-30-2011, 10:05 PM   #1
MightyWhitey
Local High School Star

MightyWhitey has decent reputationMightyWhitey has decent reputation
Default Mozgov's best game this season was vs Pistons January 30

Congrats to Timo. He came through when the team needed him most. Pringles played him for 40 minutes.

23 points
14 rebounds
All around presence in the paint and good defending.
Only 4 personal fouls.

MOZGOV MOZGOV MOZGOV
MightyWhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:12 PM   #2
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Mozgov's best game this season

Yup very good game.

Didn't look like it early on though.

Started 0-4 with 2 personal fouls.

The thing with him is confidence.

The young man can play, but he needs some steady time.

He doesn't have the hands to catch, then shoot though.

But he did very nice on the pick and roll.

He got alot of his boards mainly because he is so damn tall.

I think the young man should be playing around 15 minutes a game.

D'antoni has to be able to find that for him.

On a side not, Randolph played good in limited action.

Got some boards, decent defense.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:18 PM   #3
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He's gigantic.. That's a plus and can cover up many of his weaknesses.. Seriously all he needs to do is rebound, protect the paint and throw the hammer dunk once in a while. If he can do this for 15 minutes than that would solve much of our problems..

I'm glad that Mozguv had a great game since MDA will have to play him and give him a chance now.. Hopefully he starts expanding the roster.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:23 PM   #4
MightyWhitey
Local High School Star

Pringles is absolutely grinning from ear to ear during the postgame interview. When asked if this is a one time deal he said "Yeah right with 23 points and 14 rebounds. I'm playing him." I rarely say it but good on you pringles even though this is a no-brainer.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:24 PM   #5
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyWhitey
Pringles is absolutely grinning from ear to ear during the postgame interview. When asked if this is a one time deal he said "Yeah right with 23 points and 14 rebounds. I'm playing him." I rarely say it but good on you pringles even though this is a no-brainer.

Why didn't he do this earlier?

I understand the point of giving oppositions fits and all but when Wilson Chandler becomes your center at time you have crossed that line...
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:26 PM   #6
MightyWhitey
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Why didn't he do this earlier?

I understand the point of giving oppositions fits and all but when Wilson Chandler becomes your center at time you have crossed that line...

I agree. There is no reason to ever play your forward in the Center position. I found that absolutely disgusting. He could've put Randolph in for the Center position even. But pringles is a very stubborn man.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:42 PM   #7
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I love what Mozgov said in the locker room.

"I didn't prepare for just this game, I prepared for all of them."

Good job guy.

And yeah, it's kind of hard for D'antoni to try to justify not playing him.

Also good to hear the Captain tell him to "keep going".

All he needs is confidence, no one is expecting 20/10 from him.

Just like Kelly said "8/6 is just as good, it's a step in the right direction".

But Mozgov should be playing some.

Probably won't see 40 minutes again, but 15-20 is very possible, as long as he can stay on the floor.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:17 PM   #8
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He seems a lot better then Turiaf offensively.

When is Kelenna Azubuike supposed to be back?
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:37 PM   #9
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
He seems a lot better then Turiaf offensively.

When is Kelenna Azubuike supposed to be back?
Buke isn't ready from what I have read.

May not ever play in a Knicks jersey.

Mozgov has game, he just is a little slower than the NBA game, and has to keep his confidence up.

That is where coaching comes in.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:17 AM   #10
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i hope he can start getting consistent minutes now after a great performance
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:26 AM   #11
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He played very good.
I hope he won't continue to rot on the bench.

Look at the rebound numbers.
This is one of the rare games in which we had more rebounds than our opponent (Knicks 41,Pistons 32).
We had 15 offensive boards compared to their 11.

We had 58 points in the paint,they had 28.

With Mozgov in we are not complete trash inside,he contributes greatly with his size.
He is 7'1 which is huge compared to rest of our big men (Stoudemire 6'10,Turiaf 6'10,Williams 6'9,Chandler 6'8)
Williams and Chandler are not natural big men but they played at PF spot in D'Antoni's system.

Last edited by Clutch : 01-31-2011 at 03:33 AM.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:51 AM   #12
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So did D'Antoni say that after this performance he's going to play him?

Isn't that basically like saying "I have been a stubborn idiot until now"?

Great game by Timo, makes me hope we DID find the "Good Defensive Center" we were looking for, though I know it's not so.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 04:31 AM   #13
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I watched the Pro Bowl instead of this game yesterday. "Yeah I know, I watched the Pro Bowl, start laughin".

But the last time I checked the box score Mozgov had a pretty bad statline. I see the box score after the game and he has 23 & 14? Hopefully that will give him steady minutes throughout the season.

How did Anthony Randolph do? 5 boards and 1 block in 8 minutes. That's good production to me, how was his decision making?

Last edited by NY-Knicks : 01-31-2011 at 04:34 AM.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 06:00 AM   #14
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
I watched the Pro Bowl instead of this game yesterday. "Yeah I know, I watched the Pro Bowl, start laughin".

But the last time I checked the box score Mozgov had a pretty bad statline. I see the box score after the game and he has 23 & 14? Hopefully that will give him steady minutes throughout the season.

How did Anthony Randolph do? 5 boards and 1 block in 8 minutes. That's good production to me, how was his decision making?

He played solid at the defensive end but he wasn't very active on offense.
Ball touched him just a few times as far as I have seen.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:12 AM   #15
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

if mozgov can practice catching the ball and not fumbling it, hed be a force
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: