Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-01-2011, 05:28 PM   #31
Allstar24
NBA lottery pick

Allstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Article:Lakers' struggles have Kupchak ready to make moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
i think i agree with you... i cant think of any team that would want to help the lakers at this point in the season.

i think the point that kupchak made was to wake up this laker team and remind them to shape up or ship out.

Agreed. This is nothing but a much needed wake-up call for the guys...especially those who have not been producing at the level that is expected of them (they know who they are).
Allstar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:34 PM   #32
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i don't belive this is anything more than a stirring of the pot from the front office and phil....

if a trade is made it's not going to be a role player exchange, it's going to involve one or more of the big guns on the team.... there's not one trade available using role players or secondary players that makes sense... the lakes are not going to be trading a 15 mpg guy for another 15 mpg guy and try an integrate him into the system on the fly...

they also have a 5 million dollar trade exception they have to use that can bring in alot more contract coming in that going out
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:01 PM   #33
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this board

Trade everyone for expirers. Even the expirers for expirers.

Start over, this team is going nowhere fast. 2nd best record on the west is simply not good enough. Back to back rings, not good enough.

Then trade Phil to Miami for a couple second rounders. Done and done!

I really hope no moves are made, even a lateral move. This team is good enough as is and when the Lakers snuff out anyone standing in the way we can all point and laugh. Told ya so is already on the tip of my tongue.
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:30 PM   #34
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
i don't belive this is anything more than a stirring of the pot from the front office and phil....

if a trade is made it's not going to be a role player exchange, it's going to involve one or more of the big guns on the team.... there's not one trade available using role players or secondary players that makes sense... the lakes are not going to be trading a 15 mpg guy for another 15 mpg guy and try an integrate him into the system on the fly...

they also have a 5 million dollar trade exception they have to use that can bring in alot more contract coming in that going out

Eh..........think about it........Phil is the one who will stir the pot.
Mitch doesn't talk for the purpose of sending a message.......nor does Magic Johnson who just said that the team HAS TO make a move.......this is 100% legit....no message, no window dressing.........this is very serious. We cannot take a chance that we fail and Boston wins a title.......we are just 1 win away at tying them at 17.........any slip up puts them at 18 and us at 16.......simply unacceptable for this organization. I have to take off your rose colored glasses.....it doesn't take Phil, Mitch, Magic.....oh and now I hear Buss has said it.......it doesn't take the entire FO to send a message....it just doesn't work that way. Add to all this Jerry West's comments.
I'm not saying they will be able to pull off a big deal.......but it is beyond serious that they are going to try.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:44 PM   #35
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

phil's and magic's comments

Quote:
Jackson said the Lakers are “open for business.”

“If we weren’t always looking to benefit our team, we wouldn’t be doing our business,” Jackson said. “So, it was a good calling card that Mitch threw out there.”

Quote:
“I think we have to,” Johnson told ESPN.com on Tuesday. “We have to do something. The Lakers are not responding and two things showed me that — the Miami Heat Christmas game and then the Boston Celtics game (on Sunday.)
“When you don’t get up for your two biggest games during the season and you have flat performances, then you have to start looking at trade possibilities to improve the team and bring some energy to the team and bring some new life to the team.”
Johnson said the Lakers are “looking old and we’re playing old. We’re not responding to the more athletic teams and the quicker teams. So we must change something. I think we have to now look at this team and maybe say we’re not good enough. Things might have to change.”

knowing how the Lakers have traditionally done business either a move has been made and their working out the details or this is all smoke and mirrors.. to me it seems like the later, the more front office talks about it the more i think it's just a lot of talk... i gave it more credence when it was just mitch, not it seems like phil and magic echoing him to add weight in the point he's trying to make
Old 02-01-2011, 06:47 PM   #36
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

dang, you scooped me again!!!!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:53 PM   #37
SoCalMike

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

read.. i agree.

Source: My guess? Nobody is going anywhere

Quote:

The rumor mill has spun into overdrive after an underwhelming winter, compounded by bad losses to Sacramento and Boston, prompted reports of Mitch Kupchak's openness toward a trade. Who would the Lakers move? Who could they get? How radical a shakeup are we talking? Is this the equivalent of the panic button pushed?

No.

Based on nothing but my gut, my first instinct is Kupchak was mostly trying to startle his team into a sense of urgency.
Not that a trade hasn't crossed his mind, but vocalizing potential intentions feels extremely out of character. The Lakers are an organization typically playing things extremely close to the vest, and Kupchak would be cagey if asked on the record what he had for lunch. If Kupchak were really debating that direction, I doubt he'd say anything publicly and instead stealthily work the phones.

The remainder of the article is at the source link above.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:01 PM   #38
gts
Sons of Antartica

more phil.. the part left out of the article that originally quoted him

Quote:
"We're obviously not happy with the way we've played recently, that's the last couple losses that we've had, but the reality is we have a team that is pretty experienced and knows how to play in the playoffs so I doubt if we'd do a multiple-change [trade or something] that big," Jackson said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=6080446
Old 02-01-2011, 07:07 PM   #39
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

^^These are my sentiments. Its just not a feasible idea to trade. If we get a role player, its a player who wont make a major impact. It makes no sense to deal a core guy and get a player who must learn the triangle mid season.

There is reason for concern given how the Lakers have played, but I dont think its really realistic to acquire an impact player that can give us more than what we have.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:16 PM   #40
SoCalMike

could the lakers get someone of impact with the trade exception they have... ?

Old 02-01-2011, 08:33 PM   #41
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
could the lakers get someone of impact with the trade exception they have... ?

melo for bynum...lol

melo and nene for bynum artest and walton...

lakers actually have no trade assets one you get past bynum and odom all our players are either really cheap or their contracts are too long

anybody looking to unload an impact player is going into rebuild mode and doesn't want a guy with 2 or 3 years of contract... bynum's is only guaranteed for one more year odom's is a good contract for a player like him, brown can't be traded because he signed that one year contract

Last edited by gts : 02-01-2011 at 08:36 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:43 PM   #42
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
melo for bynum...lol

lakers actually have no trade assets one you get past bynum and odom all our players are either really cheap or their contracts are too long

anybody looking to unload an impact player is going into rebuild mode and doesn't want a guy with 2 or 3 years of contract... bynum's is only guaranteed for one more year odom's is a good contract for a player like him, brown can't be traded because he signed that one year contract

What are you talking about? we have this lazy overpaid bum and heartless Pau Gasol.
I have a list of brute and physical bigs who will play hard every game.

1. Luis Scola, watch this guy school Pau tonight, he is ARGUABLY the most underrated big this year. Cheap and very efficient too.
2. You mentioned Nene, I love his physique, no homo He can bang bodies against big baby, Shaq etc.
3. Joachim Noah, the guy is half psycho ala Rodman.
4. Al Horford.

All these guys can really help and inject more energy to the team.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:50 PM   #43
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
melo for bynum...lol

i have heard people mention mayo... not that the grizz would give him up easily.. but would his salary fit within the trade exception the lakers have?

given he's been a "problem" to the griz, they may be willing to let him go?

Old 02-01-2011, 09:03 PM   #44
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
What are you talking about? we have this lazy overpaid bum and heartless Pau Gasol.
I have a list of brute and physical bigs who will play hard every game.

1. Luis Scola, watch this guy school Pau tonight, he is ARGUABLY the most underrated big this year. Cheap and very efficient too.
2. You mentioned Nene, I love his physique, no homo He can bang bodies against big baby, Shaq etc.
3. Joachim Noah, the guy is half psycho ala Rodman.
4. Al Horford.

All these guys can really help and inject more energy to the team.
pau is not going anywhere...lol

the sooner you give up that line of thought the sooner you can join us in the real world

as for the guys you listed yep all fine players but none of those guys are going to be brought to LA using the contracts the lakers are willing to give up
Old 02-01-2011, 09:05 PM   #45
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
i have heard people mention mayo... not that the grizz would give him up easily.. but would his salary fit within the trade exception the lakers have?

given he's been a "problem" to the griz, they may be willing to let him go?

yeah mayo could be brought in by using the trade exception and a draft pick or cash, it's more than doable... or even one of the rookies would work

Last edited by gts : 02-01-2011 at 09:07 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: