Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-01-2011, 07:00 PM   #16
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Anyone have any tips to trying to fall asleep?

jack off, melatonin, ambian, xanax, red wine

or all of the above at once!!
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:03 PM   #17
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

pain killers, gin
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:05 PM   #18
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NauruDude
I always rap a EmminEm song before I go to sleep, usually When I'm Gone. It makes me sad and lonely and want to sleep and meybe die.
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:10 PM   #19
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I always rap a EmminEm song before I go to sleep, usually When I'm Gone. It makes me sad and lonely and want to sleep and meybe die.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:38 PM   #20
monkeypox
National High School Star

monkeypox is popular on this boardmonkeypox is popular on this boardmonkeypox is popular on this boardmonkeypox is popular on this board

supposedly warming your feet will release saratonin and help you fall asleep.
monkeypox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:56 PM   #21
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i always take a good hour to fall asleep because my mind keeps chattering away on things like philosophy or science. to stop it doing that i usually try and make up some type of situation in my head and think about how i would deal with it. for instance if zombies were attacking how would i secure my house to keep them out. i'm not talking about complex schematics, just what windows i would board up, what exits i would make etc. thinking about silly things like that lets my brain change gears and quieten down, and it keeps your focus off trying to deliberately fall asleep.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:58 PM   #22
8BeastlyXOIAD
3-time NBA All-Star

8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation

Quote:
8BeastlyXOIAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:03 PM   #23
NauruDude
Banned

NauruDude has a very bad reputationNauruDude has a very bad reputationNauruDude has a very bad reputationNauruDude has a very bad reputationNauruDude has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypox
supposedly warming your feet will release saratonin and help you fall asleep.

NauruDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:31 PM   #24
GiveItToBurrito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto-sama
I have some nights where i can't make the transition from consciousness to pure sleep way too often. What happens is i know i'm tired, i want to close my eyes and sleep, but when i close them my brain is still functioning and its like i can open my eyes and not really feel like i slept at all. I have gone full nights where i'll be trying to sleep and have my eyes closed then its time to go to work and i open my eyes like i was conscious the whole night feeling like i barely slept. When this happens i feel slightly like i slept, and better than if i had stayed up all night with my eyes open, but nothing like getting a true sleep.
To me a full sleep is when i feel groggy in the morning and its hard to get up because i slept so well but i feel very refreshed.

I feel like i've tried everything but don't want to take sleeping pills or anything like that. Maybe exercises or things you think about to help you transition into a deep sleep? Maybe even positional sleeping positions that may help? I need to figure out a way to be able to get to sleep when i want to. Its real bad if i have something important to do the next day and lack of sleep really hurts my functioning.

Seriously, smoke up a little. I don't smoke weed during the day any more, but a few hits from a pipe is a great way to relax before bed.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:34 PM   #25
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Jerk off, but prolong it. When you feel like you're going to come, hold back a few times for a bigger orgasm at the end. You should be plenty tired then to sleep with no problem.
Meticode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:35 PM   #26
Mr. Grieves
He shoots, he bricks.

Mr. Grieves has decent reputationMr. Grieves has decent reputation

Sudoku's.

Just get a book from a newstand. I find when I'm doing them in bed my mind just shuts off after a while and then I either drift off and wake up a bit later to turn my light off and sleep. Or I catch myself drifting and turn it off and sleep right away.
Mr. Grieves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:38 PM   #27
Mr. Grieves
He shoots, he bricks.

Mr. Grieves has decent reputationMr. Grieves has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan82
Glass of wine or a beer usually works for me, probably because it's relaxing.

Alcohol is also a depressent, which makes you tired.
Mr. Grieves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:38 AM   #28
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

advil PM
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:19 AM   #29
answer
sofa king retard ed

answer has an OK reputation so far

melatonin or nyquil for the nights i want to be out cold, but usually to fall asleep i will usually put on a tv show to play for a couple episodes on my computer. usually arrested development or it's always sunny in philadelphia. after about 5-10 minutes of watching it i'll roll over and just listen, i find it very relaxing. i actually have a hard time falling asleep if there is no noise.
answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:32 AM   #30
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I have the same problem as miller time.

Basically you gotta implement something to drain your nervous system earlier in the day. Either extensive studying or exercising or f*cking or something man. The 16+ hours you are awake should consist of something other than stimulating your mind with screens which most people engage in. Inject some alcohol into your life if you got to as rezzonor pointed out.

Glass of warm milk (casein) and a banana (tryptophan) should help a lot.

Ice baths calm you down too, in addition to hot showers.

Meditation techniques as mentioned before. Pranic breathing is where you inhale for 3 seconds, hold (oxygenate blood, and exhale for 5.

Try reading a dry azz book like The Autobiography of Meticode or To Kill a Nothingbird and try to focus on the details.

That movie Little Fockers had a scene where Owen Wilson pinches the lil tykes neck and he falls asleep talkin' bout how he relaxes the flow of CSF fluid or something. WTF? dats bullsh!t but if someone can verify dat id be please.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: