Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-02-2011, 02:51 AM   #31
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Anyone have any tips to trying to fall asleep?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
That movie Little Fockers had a scene where Owen Wilson pinches the lil tykes neck and he falls asleep talkin' bout how he relaxes the flow of CSF fluid or something. WTF? dats bullsh!t but if someone can verify dat id be please.

no you are right, that would be bs. CSF is enclosed inside the central nervous system so unless you pinch hard enough to warp their vertebrae or crush their skull you aren't effecting its "flow" lol.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:08 AM   #32
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
I have the same problem as miller time.

Basically you gotta implement something to drain your nervous system earlier in the day. Either extensive studying or exercising or f*cking or something man. The 16+ hours you are awake should consist of something other than stimulating your mind with screens which most people engage in. Inject some alcohol into your life if you got to as rezzonor pointed out.

Glass of warm milk (casein) and a banana (tryptophan) should help a lot.

Ice baths calm you down too, in addition to hot showers.

Meditation techniques as mentioned before. Pranic breathing is where you inhale for 3 seconds, hold (oxygenate blood, and exhale for 5.

Try reading a dry azz book like The Autobiography of Meticode or To Kill a Nothingbird and try to focus on the details.

That movie Little Fockers had a scene where Owen Wilson pinches the lil tykes neck and he falls asleep talkin' bout how he relaxes the flow of CSF fluid or something. WTF? dats bullsh!t but if someone can verify dat id be please.
Positive repped.
Meticode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:47 AM   #33
Killbot
KillImpaleLiquefyLynch

Killbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Get a dictionary out and start reading definitions.
Killbot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:45 AM   #34
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NauruDude
I always rap a EmminEm song before I go to sleep, usually When I'm Gone. It makes me sad and lonely and want to sleep and meybe die.
Repped!
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:52 AM   #35
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputation
Post Re: Anyone have any tips to trying to fall asleep?

As for falling asleep, try not to use sleeping pills. Sleeping Pill are a last resort, and you don't want to use them. Because then you will rely too much on them to fall asleep, and can't fall asleep without it.

Drink a Warm Glass of Milk before you sleep, and snacks like nuts, peanut butter, eggs help.
If you are able to use your room just for sleeping and not for doing anything else that's a plus. But it's all mental.
Take a shower before you sleep. It always helps me.

Don't do anything like playing video games, watching TV right before bed.
And once you get in bed, lie down in your favorite position, and relax. That's right, relax, think of things like how soft your bed is, how comfortable your sheets are, how warm your comforter/blanket is. Like when Hypnotists tell you to relax, Relax. If you can't, do something that makes you tired, then sleep. Falling asleep is all mental.
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:17 PM   #36
alenleomessi
el kun & leo

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

I think it's cancer you better check a doctor or something
just kidding, but u know that if u sleep 12 hours a day u waste half of ur life, so go to sleep only when ur eyes are starting to close
alenleomessi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:21 PM   #37
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Watch a Premier League game.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:53 PM   #38
code green
Boston Tank Party

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Grieves
Alcohol is also a depressent, which makes you tired.

alcohol will definitely help you fall asleep, but it also affects some peoples' ability to get to the deep sleep phase. Sure, you might be sleeping, but there's a chance you won't be getting any of the restorative qualities achieved from deep sleep.
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 01:42 PM   #39
NauruDude
Banned

NauruDude has a very bad reputationNauruDude has a very bad reputationNauruDude has a very bad reputationNauruDude has a very bad reputationNauruDude has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
Watch a Premier League game.

He want's to fall asleep??? It's very hard to fall asleep excited.
NauruDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 01:44 PM   #40
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NauruDude
He want's to fall asleep??? It's very hard to fall asleep excited.

That's boring soccer to me!
Soccer has to be taught by latin people...
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 01:55 PM   #41
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I have a terrible time falling asleep. I usually do 1-2 Benadryl an hour before I want to sleep.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:58 PM   #42
NauruDude
Banned

NauruDude has a very bad reputationNauruDude has a very bad reputationNauruDude has a very bad reputationNauruDude has a very bad reputationNauruDude has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi

That's boring soccer to me!
Soccer has to be taught by latin people...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
NauruDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:06 PM   #43
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Sleep dep. is more of a problem than society realizes.

Either you are to tired to sleep or you did not do enough during the day to get sleep .

But the key here is a 'DELTA' sleep. (Deep sound sleep)

---------------
I've worked for years nights... which means when I hit the hay it was light out.
Changing your clock to sleep you need some tricks , but the obvious ones are what other posters stated ... but I felt , if it was dead quiet , dark room and no concerns about anything .. your brain will switch off.
I am luck , the last 15 years I've worked a a 2nd Shift , I always stay up late , and rise without an alarm clock.
No one mentioned this , but stay up later , if you crash on a sofa while listening to tunes , whatever , and wake up , then go to bed.
I tricked my mind to thinking I was a.o.k. with 3 hours sleep and did it for years , but at least 2 days out of the week I crashed and did 12 hours.
I guess my point is if your Delta sleep is just a few hours ,it's better than 'no hours'

I know a guy that has only slept 2-3 hours a night for his whole life.
A burnout deadbeat ... but he has a sleep disorder.
If you aren't getting 6-7 hours rest , I'd say see a doctor.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: