Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-02-2011, 02:23 AM   #16
answer
sofa king retard ed

answer has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: How do you react to "We can agree to disagree"?

usually drop the n-word and smear my sh!t on their car
answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:25 AM   #17
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd

The other guy I was arguing with kept arguing that one cop's experience in one small area is irrelevant because the media says otherwise for other crimes in other areas. Finally I was like "Okay, we can agree to disagree then" in frustration. The other guy is like "No, we will not agree to disagree because you are wrong." I was like "WTF??"

I would have been like "okay, cool, how about you go fu*k yourself instead. Does that work for you?"
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:28 AM   #18
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0wtime
You must never agree to disagree if you are 100% sure you are right, you must work toward respectful consensus by presenting only the facts/truth, even if you have different information its the facts and consensus that matters.

The ones who end it all with "We agree to disagree" do it most of the time to avoid you, simply stubborness, them realising suddenly they actually are or could be wrong and not wanting to admit it. If he knows he is wrong and you have proven him wrong then those words are his best friend afterall if he doesnt want to embarass himself by saying that you are right and there are still ways to counteract those words (see at the bottom).

But if both of you just throw out different opinions and information (with neither part knowing the actual facts/truth to 100%) then its simply best to "Agree to Disagree" when both of you recognise that further conflict is unnecessary, ineffective or otherwise undesirable.

If you know you are 100% right and you prove it to him and he still says nothing but "We agree to disagree", thats disrespectful according to me at least, a good response would then be something like this: (choose one)

"Yes we do, but you disagree to facts/truth, i only disagree to your irrational opinion".

"No we dont, because i am only working toward consensus by presenting real facts which you disagree with. Its no different than you refusing to believe that this entirely blue shirt is actually blue."

Either you respond like that or simply "Agree to Disagree" to not hurt his feelings because deep down he will still know that you are right and he is wrong, you simply just dont want to talk about it. So basically him saying "We agree to disagree" can often be just as simple as: "You are right and i am wrong" and its very obvious to notice especially when he says it directly after you just finished presenting him very thoroughly with facts/truth.

i totally disagree with you sentiments on the subject. Sometimes its just not worth it on the subject. I do this at work when dealing with opposing counsel sometimes. Not every argument needs to be resolved.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:32 AM   #19
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

A wise man knows when to pull out of an argument with a fool.

Im not going to sit there, and "present facts" and come up with a detailed argument for a person that I deem to clearly be an idiot. Whats the point?

Idiots, waste time arguing out points with other idiots. If I dont think someone is worth the time, then I end the debate, and walk away.

Them living in their OWN universe isnt MY problem.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:35 AM   #20
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://www.youtube.com/user/stefbot#p/u/30/yXKp9-X7Jyg
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:42 AM   #21
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY

Man that guy seems intelligent and all that, but.... I would get tired of hanging out with him after like 10 minutes.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:02 AM   #22
LakerDefense8
Banned

LakerDefense8 has not been impressing people

LakerDefense8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:17 PM   #23
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
Here's a story i read in John Maxwell's book:

A tennis professional was giving a lesson to a new student of the game. After watching the student take several swings at the tennis ball, he began to suggest ways in which the strokes might be improved.

But each time a suggestion was made, the student would interrupt with his own version of what was wrong and how to correct it. After several such interruptions, the "Pro" began to nod his head in agreement.

When the lesson ended, a woman who had been watching said to the Pro: “Why did you go along with that arrogant man’s stupid suggestions?” The old “Pro” smilingly replied, “I learned a long time ago that it is a waste of time to try to sell answers to a person who just wants to buy echoes.”

Very interesting. A lot of very good posts in this thread

bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: