Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-02-2011, 09:00 PM   #31
Abd El-Krim
Decent college freshman

Abd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Where Should I Live?

communist!
Abd El-Krim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:01 PM   #32
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

GatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abd El-Krim
communist!

GatorKid117 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:12 PM   #33
NoEasy9
Banned

NoEasy9 has a near all-star reputation hereNoEasy9 has a near all-star reputation hereNoEasy9 has a near all-star reputation hereNoEasy9 has a near all-star reputation hereNoEasy9 has a near all-star reputation hereNoEasy9 has a near all-star reputation here

You are basically a ****ing idiot if you dont pick San Francisco.
NoEasy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:15 PM   #34
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoEasy9
You are basically a ****ing idiot if you dont pick San Francisco.

Not everyone likes bums at every corner asking for change and food. And fights on the bus. And just the general busyness of a big city. And tourists everywhere.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:16 PM   #35
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorKid117
Thanks for all the great replies, I really appreciate it. I guess to make things more clear, I'm applying for Teach for America so all I'm able to do is rank how highly I want to be placed in each region. I ultimately do not have the final decision. It is a 2 year committment then I'm able to continue living/working there or do as I please.

What I make depends on the region. San Fran I'll make ~40k and in areas with lower cost I'll make less. They adjust it pretty well though. I figure I will probably be rooming with some other teachers if I do indeed get the job just to save cost. So while cost of living is somewhat important, I won't let it deter me from a great area.

even taking roommates into consideration, it is damn tough to live off of $40k in san fran. It sucks and good teachers deserve to be paid more.

i know that in just about any asian country they will pay you a decent salary plus living expenses to teach English (so everything you make can go into the bank). you don't even have to know the native language. I know some people who have done it when they just didn't know what to do with their lives and they had a great time and experience. Also, they pay caucasians more then they pay asians.

damn whitey is holding us down everywhere!

Last edited by rezznor : 02-02-2011 at 09:20 PM.
rezznor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:17 PM   #36
NoEasy9
Banned

NoEasy9 has a near all-star reputation hereNoEasy9 has a near all-star reputation hereNoEasy9 has a near all-star reputation hereNoEasy9 has a near all-star reputation hereNoEasy9 has a near all-star reputation hereNoEasy9 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
Not everyone likes bums at every corner asking for change and food. And fights on the bus. And just the general busyness of a big city. And tourists everywhere.
Never even been to SF, but I would love to. And I have been told and it seems like a terrific city to live in. It is costly though. I will tell you one thing and that is SF and Dallas are probably better than Chicago.

If you pick Chicago, it is probably because your a fat ass that likes deep dish pizzas.
NoEasy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:25 PM   #37
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
Sounds like you have some awesome locations.

I can speak on behalf of Dallas and Houston.

Houston doesn't have much in terms of outdoors but other than that it's a decent city. The summers are absolutely unbearable though. The humidity is crazy high. I'm sure the humidity is somewhat similar in Florida.

-Traffic kinda sucks. Great downtown in my opinion.

Dallas-Pretty much the same as Houston. I'd say its better though. Better downtown...traffic not as bad but there are still crazy drivers. Summers are way more bearable. You also have Forth Worth which is a cool city as well.

NO STATE INCOME TAX IN EITHER CITY!!!

San Antonio-Very, very mexican.

I'd go to Colorado if you're an outdoorsman. You will never get bored no matter what time of year it is. I'm moving up to a city in New Mexico that's an hour away from the CO border and I'm pumped about it. SO MANY ACTIVITIES.

I'd go Colorado Springs, Denver, San Fran or Dallas.
I haven't been to Houston since I was a child but I do have some friends from Houston and they claim that Dallas is miles better...that Houston actualy does resemble the Texas hick stereotype...

Almost everyone I know from other cities in Texas (San An, Austin, Houston) says that the people here in Dallas come off much more arrogant though...and I can see it, lotta cocky people here...although probably no where near the levels of cockiness found in the North East...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:25 PM   #38
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

leopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this board

i'm going to give you a different perspective than everyone else here... choose the city where you have the easiest access to multiple sports venues. that being said, my choices are:

the texas cities (houston, san antonio, dallas)
baltimore
chicago

out of those choices choices, my top choices are either chicago or dallas.

being in a texas city does rock for 2 things:
1- easy access to do a weekend sports escapade in multiple cities
2- no income tax

leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:27 PM   #39
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I've been to San Fran, just WAY to expensive there...have ot be a damn millionare ot live in a closet...no thank you...infact no thank you to that entire state and their collapsing economy...they are all coming here to Dallas for a reason...

plus when that big one comes you are DONE...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:41 PM   #40
Naruto-sama
High School Starter

Naruto-sama has a bad reputationNaruto-sama has a bad reputationNaruto-sama has a bad reputationNaruto-sama has a bad reputation

Why does everyone want to live in Chicago? Snow is the worst seasonal life altering impediment. On top of the rain and wind that is hibernation type of weather. Only bears should want to live in Chicago and i'm mean REAL bears not NFL fans. I hate snow sooo much
Naruto-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:47 PM   #41
Naruto-sama
High School Starter

Naruto-sama has a bad reputationNaruto-sama has a bad reputationNaruto-sama has a bad reputationNaruto-sama has a bad reputation

I would take San Fran. I hear from everyone that has been there including my bro its extremely clean and a unique place where they want to go back. Everyone seems to love it but i guess you have to have been there. I've talked to more than a handful of different peole that said that too. Nobody ever talks bad about it. It also supposedly has some of the best restaurants in the country i believe. Weather is real big with me so i'd take SanFran myself. I notice a big difference in my mood relating to the weather. I'm always at my happiest at the beach when its like 100 degrees and mopey-lazy when its raining/snowing/windy. Snow is the worst though. Shoveling, getting stuck, more shoveling, i HATE IT!
Naruto-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:49 PM   #42
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

leopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this board

true about SF. you can't say anything bad about SF. the only thing you can say something about the city is it's across the bay from oakland.
leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:51 PM   #43
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Where'd you go if you remember?

Dick's restaurant near Quincy Market? I think that's right.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:53 PM   #44
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUIZZLE
Dick's restaurant near Quincy Market? I think that's right.

oh, well that's actually a pretty clean area compared to the rest
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:53 PM   #45
Harrison_Barnes
Local High School Star

Harrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I would pick Chicago.. or San-Fran..
Harrison_Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: