Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-02-2011, 09:55 PM   #46
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Where Should I Live?

What is bad about Baltimore that no one is considering it?
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:55 PM   #47
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerGlove

Joe Flacco?
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:57 PM   #48
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
oh, well that's actually a pretty clean area compared to the rest

Makes sense haha.. can't say I wandered too many other places. It was a one-night thing and the Sox weren't in town.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:58 PM   #49
Naruto-sama
High School Starter

Naruto-sama has a bad reputationNaruto-sama has a bad reputationNaruto-sama has a bad reputationNaruto-sama has a bad reputation

Quote:

Baltimores pretty ghetto other than the Inner Harbor. If you don't club and don't really go to many bars theres no point.
Naruto-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:00 PM   #50
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto-sama
Baltimores pretty ghetto other than the Inner Harbor. If you don't club and don't really go to many bars theres no point.

Hmm...I thought it was just too much The Wire influencing posters decision. I've never been, but I am sure they have more than one nice area.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:01 PM   #51
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUIZZLE
Makes sense haha.. can't say I wandered too many other places. It was a one-night thing and the Sox weren't in town.

that general area is GREAT on halloween

id say thats the second best behind salem, ma [famous for all that witch stuff back in the day]
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:06 PM   #52
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Stay away from Baltimore. Not a bad place to visit, but to live? No thanks.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:09 PM   #53
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If you do teach for america, and pick Baltimore, you had a commitment to the field that I doubt 95 percent of teachers have. I've visited those schools when I was searching for jobs, and they are BRUTAL. I couldn't do it. Many of those schools were lacking some of the most basic things you would just ASSUME a school would have (like walls, for instance. Or a library)
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:11 PM   #54
PowerGlove
By Any Means

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
If you do teach for america, and pick Baltimore, you had a commitment to the field that I doubt 95 percent of teachers have. I've visited those schools when I was searching for jobs, and they are BRUTAL. I couldn't do it. Many of those schools were lacking some of the most basic things you would just ASSUME a school would have (like walls, for instance. Or a library)
Old 02-02-2011, 10:13 PM   #55
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

IN 2007, when I was touring schools in the area, one of the buildings was like a giant warehouse, with knee high dividers between the rooms. They said they were "in the process" of putting up actual walls. I could only imagine the wonders that sort of setting did for the ADD kids.

Maybe the schools have gotten better there since then, but I kinda doubt it, with all the cuts in the field.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:18 PM   #56
PHX_Phan
Local High School Star

PHX_Phan is considered somewhat coolPHX_Phan is considered somewhat coolPHX_Phan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto-sama
Why does everyone want to live in Chicago? Snow is the worst seasonal life altering impediment. On top of the rain and wind that is hibernation type of weather. Only bears should want to live in Chicago and i'm mean REAL bears not NFL fans. I hate snow sooo much

This. I like the snow and all, but I've never had to live in it. I have visited a lot of those colder weather states in the winter and the reality of it sucks.

Phoenix isn't bad, though you'd want to look around on the North / East area. Scottsdale is a nice area, some parts of Mesa, Tempe, Chandler.
PHX_Phan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:28 PM   #57
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

GatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
even taking roommates into consideration, it is damn tough to live off of $40k in san fran. It sucks and good teachers deserve to be paid more.

i know that in just about any asian country they will pay you a decent salary plus living expenses to teach English (so everything you make can go into the bank). you don't even have to know the native language. I know some people who have done it when they just didn't know what to do with their lives and they had a great time and experience. Also, they pay caucasians more then they pay asians.

damn whitey is holding us down everywhere!

I had a good friend do that in China. I really haven't talked to him much since he left but from what I understood he really enjoyed it. If TFA doesn't work out, I would strongly consider doing it. I do want to travel and right now in my life with no kids, GF etc this would be a great time.

Quote:

Ya that doesn't surprise me at all. The difference in education between "good" and "bad" counties is ridiculous. Some counties seem like a third world country. It's very sad. And while I do truly care about helping those in need, I feel I would be a much better teacher in an environment that I felt comfortable in. The job is going to be insanely hard as is, I don't need to hate my home life as well lol.
GatorKid117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:35 PM   #58
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

leopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this board

oh overlooked you're applying for "Teach for America". if you don't know Spanish, you might as well cross the Texas cities off your list. A LOT of schools are looking for bilingual teachers (Spanish/English) to deal with the high number of Spanish kids in schools. i have a friend who is a teacher, and she told me knowing Spanish is way up in their list, no matter how much/little teaching experience you have. If you know Spanish, your chances of teaching in Texas is very high.
leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: