Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-02-2011, 11:08 PM   #31
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Okay I admit it... I've never seen Young Guns.. or Part 2

pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:13 PM   #32
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hey now, Repo Man was sort of weirdly good.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:16 PM   #33
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59

Ducks 2 > 1 to me.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:34 PM   #34
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abd El-Krim

For real though, I know you saw this

D Miles baby!

QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:43 PM   #35
Mr. Grieves
He shoots, he bricks.

Mr. Grieves has decent reputationMr. Grieves has decent reputation

Not the greatest set of cowboy movies. I wouldn't worry about not seeing them.
Mr. Grieves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:12 AM   #36
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

here is what made them "great" movies if anything. The last box office western was released a century before these. westerns were dead. Along came this movie full of a ton of the current up and coming stars and it was a fun, cheesy action movie full of bravado and shooting. The second one has a "great" Jon Bon Jovi soundtrack, but thats about it.

I loved these as a kid, and still enjoy them as an adult, but they are nowhere near the best of westerns. Still, you would enjoy the first one at the least. Its a well done action movie set in the west.

Still, all the following modern westerns (dances with wolves, tombstone, etc) are indebted to this movie (and the series Young Riders!) for giving hollywood faith in the western form.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:21 AM   #37
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
here is what made them "great" movies if anything. The last box office western was released a century before these. westerns were dead. Along came this movie full of a ton of the current up and coming stars and it was a fun, cheesy action movie full of bravado and shooting. The second one has a "great" Jon Bon Jovi soundtrack, but thats about it.

I loved these as a kid, and still enjoy them as an adult, but they are nowhere near the best of westerns. Still, you would enjoy the first one at the least. Its a well done action movie set in the west.

Still, all the following modern westerns (dances with wolves, tombstone, etc) are indebted to this movie (and the series Young Riders!) for giving hollywood faith in the western form.
yeah, I agree with most of this except I think part 2 was just as good if not better...

I am sure anyone that sees the cast of actors understands it shouldn't be viewed as serious movie like the ones you just mentioned though...

I do wonder though, if someone can watch them fresh today and love them the same way that someone who was an 80s child loves them...probably not I am thinking, they don't hold up as well as they did 20 years ago...

I look at these movies as 80s nostalgia, like Lethal Weapon or Beverly Hills Cop or something, those are what they should be compared to IMO...if you like that kind of 80s stuff then you will probably like the Young Gun movies...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: