Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2011, 10:33 PM   #31
Clutch
NBA Legend
 
Clutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: MSG
Posts: 16,422
Default Re: Felton over the last 10 games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
If only we could get a good coach, like Larry Brown...oh, wait. Or maybe one of the greatest, toughest point guards to ever play the game...oh, erm...yeah...

Mike D'Antoni wasn't here for the better part of the last decade, and they were worse than they are now.

The D'Antoni hate is getting out of control. He has his flaws, but the Knicks actually matter again, for the moment - hell, they're on pace to make the playoffs! - and guess who's coaching them? That's right. Pringles.

Guess who hasn't been on the team for the whole decade and now is ?
That's right.
Amare

Fire D'Antoni.
I don't care we are on the pace to make the playoffs.
We would be on that pace with any other coach in the league.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:06 PM   #32
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,341
Default Re: Felton over the last 10 games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Guess who hasn't been on the team for the whole decade and now is ?
That's right.
Amare

Fire D'Antoni.
I don't care we are on the pace to make the playoffs.
We would be on that pace with any other coach in the league.
How about Kurt Rambis? He has Kevin Love and Michael Beasely, and the Wolves have one of the worst records in the league. Flip Saunders? Byron Scott? Avery Johnson? None of those seem like upgrades.

Who do you want to coach the team? I don't see Jeff Van Gundy stepping in, and that's about the only viable option I can think of.

Last edited by Scoooter : 02-05-2011 at 11:16 PM.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:18 PM   #33
Clutch
NBA Legend
 
Clutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: MSG
Posts: 16,422
Default Re: Felton over the last 10 games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
How about Kurt Rambis? He has Kevin Love and Michael Beasely, and the Wolves have one of the worst records in the league. Flip Saunders? Byron Scott? Avery Johnson? None of those seem like upgrades.

Who do you want to coach the team?
Personally I don't keep much track about coaches.
But I see that this won't work out.

What about Mike Brown or Jeff Van Gundy ?
Larry Brown ?
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:45 PM   #34
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,321
Default Re: Felton over the last 10 games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Personally I don't keep much track about coaches.
But I see that this won't work out.

What about Mike Brown or Jeff Van Gundy ?
Larry Brown ?
I have an MB for you, his name is also Mike, and he is assistant to the Spurs....Mike Budenholzer.

I doubt he can be pryed away from them though.

He is Pops right hand man.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:46 PM   #35
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter
 
earlofupstate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Another state
Posts: 770
Default Re: Felton over the last 10 games

I know I've said this before and I'm going to say it again, Phil Jackson said he's done (coaching LA) after this year. Did he ever say he was retiring? Maybe I missed it if it was said.
earlofupstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 01:44 AM   #36
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,341
Default Re: Felton over the last 10 games

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
I have an MB for you, his name is also Mike, and he is assistant to the Spurs....Mike Budenholzer.

I doubt he can be pryed away from them though.

He is Pops right hand man.
Is he next in line down there?
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 01:46 AM   #37
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,341
Default Re: Felton over the last 10 games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Personally I don't keep much track about coaches.
But I see that this won't work out.

What about Mike Brown or Jeff Van Gundy ?
Larry Brown ?
Mike Brown doesn't know the x's and o's. Outside of defense, he's pretty much useless. I'd be interested in Jeff Van Gundy, but it doesn't seem plausible.

And Larry Brown should probably just retire.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 03:41 AM   #38
bluechox2
#knickstape
 
bluechox2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 9,980
Default Re: Felton over the last 10 games

felton is like a stock, we bought low, but now we need to sell high
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:01 AM   #39
Clutch
NBA Legend
 
Clutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: MSG
Posts: 16,422
Default Re: Felton over the last 10 games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Mike Brown doesn't know the x's and o's. Outside of defense, he's pretty much useless. I'd be interested in Jeff Van Gundy, but it doesn't seem plausible.

And Larry Brown should probably just retire.

And Mike D'Antoni is pretty much useless outside of offense.
I would say he isn't too useful in offense too.
Not like we have some special things in offense and any other team would like to have it.
We play in fast pace,our team is stacked with shooters and we have one of the best offensive players in the league.
I don't think that we would lose much on our offense (or lose anything) if D'Antoni leaves.
We would probably score less,but that doesn't mean that our offense is worse.

How many times did Stoudemire get the ball on the free-throw line distance and started to shoot or attack the basket ?
What kind of offense is that ?
It's called "give the ball to your best player" offense and everyone can do it,you don't have to be an offensive mastermind coach to make it happen.

We are losing games because of our defense and we need to bring coach who cares about it.
Our offense will be just fine,I guarantee it.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:17 AM   #40
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,341
Default Re: Felton over the last 10 games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
And Mike D'Antoni is pretty much useless outside of offense.
I would say he isn't too useful in offense too.
Not like we have some special things in offense and any other team would like to have it.
We play in fast pace,our team is stacked with shooters and we have one of the best offensive players in the league.
I don't think that we would lose much on our offense (or lose anything) if D'Antoni leaves.
We would probably score less,but that doesn't mean that our offense is worse.

How many times did Stoudemire get the ball on the free-throw line distance and started to shoot or attack the basket ?
What kind of offense is that ?

It's called "give the ball to your best player" offense and everyone can do it,you don't have to be an offensive mastermind coach to make it happen.

We are losing games because of our defense and we need to bring coach who cares about it.
Our offense will be just fine,I guarantee it.
That's Raymond Felton mucking up D'Antoni's offense. The pick and roll is supposed to be at the heart of the offense. At the rim. We'd look a lot better if Felton could run a simple pick and roll (with the best pick and roll finisher in the league). Unfortunately, D'Antoni can't throw on some shorts and do it for him. He should force Felton to watch some Suns games.

Steve Nash kills teams, night in and night out, with the pick and roll. They know it's coming too, and he still shreds them. It's beautiful. He doesn't have the talent around him to win a lot of games anymore, but he's as good as anyone at that basic play.

Even with the ineptitude at the PG position (which can't be overstated, it's the heart and soul of the offense), we're still the second highest scoring team in the league, with good efficiency, and a lot of assists. They make a lot of shots because the offense gets them a lot of open shots. Only a couple of guys on this team can create their own shot consistently and effectively, the rest rely on open looks produced by the offense. And they get them. Saying D'Antoni is a bad offensive coach is just ignorance or idiocy.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:20 AM   #41
DUP
ambition
 
DUP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 443
Default Re: Felton over the last 10 games

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
felton is like a stock, we bought low, but now we need to sell high
lol, nice way of putting it
but i say keep felton, unless of course we can get a guy like cp3 through free agency or something haha
DUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:34 AM   #42
Clutch
NBA Legend
 
Clutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: MSG
Posts: 16,422
Default Re: Felton over the last 10 games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
That's Raymond Felton mucking up D'Antoni's offense. The pick and roll is supposed to be at the heart of the offense. At the rim. We'd look a lot better if Felton could run a simple pick and roll (with the best pick and roll finisher in the league). Unfortunately, D'Antoni can't throw on some shorts and do it for him. He should force Felton to watch some Suns games.

Steve Nash kills teams, night in and night out, with the pick and roll. They know it's coming too, and he still shreds them. It's beautiful. He doesn't have the talent around him to win a lot of games anymore, but he's as good as anyone at that basic play.

Even with the ineptitude at the PG position (which can't be overstated, it's the heart and soul of the offense), we're still the second highest scoring team in the league, with good efficiency, and a lot of assists. They make a lot of shots because the offense gets them a lot of open shots. Only a couple of guys on this team can create their own shot consistently and effectively, the rest rely on open looks produced by the offense. And they get them. Saying D'Antoni is a bad offensive coach is just ignorance or idiocy.

I don't say he is bad but I don't think he is a mastermind.
And yes,he needs to realize that not every team has Steve Nash.

I personally don't like the way Felton has been playing.
I can understand that he can't play pick and roll like Steve Nash but common,he should at least try to play it sometimes.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:42 AM   #43
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,341
Default Re: Felton over the last 10 games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
I don't say he is bad but I don't think he is a mastermind.
And yes,he needs to realize that not every team has Steve Nash.

I personally don't like the way Felton has been playing.
I can understand that he can't play pick and roll like Steve Nash but common,he should at least try to play it sometimes.
It's really frustrating to watch. Mozgov has been rolling hard to the basket every time they set it up, and he never gets the ball. Even Toney Douglas will just throw it up high for an alley-oop. Felton just doesn't trust the play for some reason. And his spacing isn't good. He needs to make the defender commit farther out. It's not the easiest thing, but if I could do it in high school, I have to imagine a Tar Heel is capable.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:54 AM   #44
Clutch
NBA Legend
 
Clutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: MSG
Posts: 16,422
Default Re: Felton over the last 10 games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
It's really frustrating to watch. Mozgov has been rolling hard to the basket every time they set it up, and he never gets the ball. Even Toney Douglas will just throw it up high for an alley-oop. Felton just doesn't trust the play for some reason. And his spacing isn't good. He needs to make the defender commit farther out. It's not the easiest thing, but if I could do it in high school, I have to imagine a Tar Heel is capable.

He should be capable.
Why does he refuse to play it ? I don't know.

As far as D'Antoni's offense there are things that I don't like.
First of all he cares only about offense.
I mean his lineup is made so we could score more.
He creates mismatches on offense but then we got bullied on the other end of the floor.

Our offense relies too much on 3-pt shooting.
If threes aren't falling team won't do anything,they will just continue to shoot it and hope it would start to go in.

We are 8th in offensive ranking which is very good but you can't ignore that we are 23rd in the defensive ranking which is also primarily because of him.
Only teams behind us are Rockets,Pistons,Timberwolves,Warriors,Suns and Cavaliers.
Not an enviable company,do you agree ?
We are also 27th in rebounding percentage,only teams behind are Suns,Wizards and Warriors.

And sorry to all who love D'Antoni and want to see him in Knicks.
I just can't stand such a bad defense,we are losing too much games because of it.

Last edited by Clutch : 02-06-2011 at 07:09 AM.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:06 AM   #45
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,341
Default Re: Felton over the last 10 games

Incidentally, I was actually having almost this exact conversation with my dad not too long ago.

****ing Knicks fans.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:28 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy